Forum

Author   Comment   Page 6 of 7     «   Prev   3   4   5   6   7   Next

Reply with quote  #76 
Oh my gosh I know how you feel. The last week has been horrible for me. It's still hard to process that Henry my cat is gone . It will be a month this Thursday and although there have been better days (not good days) just better, there have been mostly bad.
I miss him so terribly . Every crook and nanny where he walked, or sat, or slept, or ate , even his litter box which I emptied and cleaned but can't bring myself to get rid of or even move out of sight.
I'm so very sorry about your Christopher. He was precious like my Henry.
They want us to be happy but it's just so hard.

Hugs
Carol
Missmysweetboy

Reply with quote  #77 
Sending hugs your way fellow mourners. Some days are better than others but I am always on the edge of tears and they are flowing as I write this. I have totally loved all of my kitty babies and mourned them extensively when they passed but my Buddy and I completely adored each other. This is heartbreak on a new and awful level.

Reply with quote  #78 
MissMySweetBoy
I send my condolences. I too have had kitties and a dog in the past and loved them all so much. But I've never mourned so intensly as with Henry. Maybe the older you get the harder it is? I don't know . Maybe people have lived alone only with their pet, so when they're gone it's so much more like the end of the world because that pet WAS their world.
It feels to me that this will never pass and yet I know in my brain that it will but my heart cannot accept that at this time.
How long has it been since you lost your boy?
I know it's frightening to think you'll feel this way forever. With me it's not just missing my Henry , it's also about guilt at having had to put him to sleep and it's how unfair it is for him to be gone and no longer doing all the things he loved to do. They weren't much, but it was his whole world to him. He loved his world and he loved his Mommy and now he doesn't have it.
I realize he's in a lovely heaven restored back to health and vigor and all I can do is pray he's just as happy.
Maybe all the boys and girls talked about in this Rainbow Bridge Forum are good pals😊
Missmysweetboy

Reply with quote  #79 
Thank you. It has been 11 wks and 3 days since Buddy passed. I think lots of variables contribute to our intense pain. I am retired and my husband and I have no children so my cats have always been my babies. The guilt from having to euthanize your baby is surely a big factor. I think the biggest thing though is that we had the privilege of living with our "soul" cats who were such huge sources of happiness to us and us to them. It is just so painful to not be with them anymore.
My husband used to laugh and tell me"Omg, that boy Loves Loves his momma" as Buddy was laying on my chest burying his head under my chin. It was like he would crawl under my skin if he could. I miss waking up to the sounds of him chasing and beating up his toys every morning. I miss him making me hold him like a baby then bend backward to look at my husband upside down.
Time has helped my brain start to subdue my heart and I know it will for you too. We just need to hang in there and know our babies wouldn't want us to be sad.

Reply with quote  #80 
Aww your Buddy sounds like such a sweet boy ..and funny too😊 God Bless his little heart.
I know my dear. The pain is so terrible. Heartache, anxiety, and longing are all part of this rotten deal.
It's not fair such loving parents and their sweet innocent babies have to be parted . It's not fair and it's not rightπŸ˜”πŸ˜ 
I hope to God we can get through it. It will never be with flying colors of course ,but just to be able to accept it enough to shed some hope.
You are right though because the last thing they would want is for us to be sad. Selfless, loving and loyal creatures and thats what makes it so hard on our end to lose them. On their end all they want is for us to feel better.
Canotgrieve

Reply with quote  #81 
Have a lot of posts to reply to. I was saying last night to my husband, that I can't believe Christopher is gone. He was my precious baby boy. We just got rid of his cat pans. So slowly starting to put things away. Christopher had his own room with all of his things. He loved his room. We have only been in this house since July, so he really didn't have too much time to be here. He did love our last house. He would go in the bedroom and sing. He was so happy. I feel they really don't want to go, but they know when it is time. Putting him to sleep was so hard. I felt like we took his life away. We felt guilty too. But we didn't want him to suffer. He didn't deserve that. He was a big part of our life. We have a hole in our hearts. So very sad πŸ˜₯
Missmysweetboy

Reply with quote  #82 
I know how you feel all too well. Buddy was a huge part of our lives. He hung out in our bedroom and every night he would sit on the bed staring at me waiting for me to get in. After nuzzling me, he would crawl on my husband's chest and head but him over and over. My husband would say"hey boy, tell me about your kitty day." Now, we just look at each other sadly. We miss our Buddy snuggle time.
Plz try not to feel guilty about having to put him to sleep. You didn't take Christopher's life away, his diseases did. You were his beloved mom and dad who took his pain away.
Lots of hugs to you
Canotgrieve

Reply with quote  #83 
At bedtime Christopher would come on the bed and tell us a story. I would engage and it seemed like he was having a conversation. So cute. Then he would get a brush from Daddy that he loved. When I got in bed he would snuggle up with me for mommy time. Sometimes he would snuggle with Daddy during the night. I would wake up and see him on Daddy's chest or between his legs. Sometimes he would want to get under the covers and lay next to Daddy. We really miss that πŸ˜”. So I understand. I miss waking up with him next to me. It is so sad.
Canotgrieve

Reply with quote  #84 
I also miss my sweet boy πŸ’” Can't sleep because I can't stop crying thinking about Christopher. He was my baby. My precious little guy πŸ’™. I believe they are precious little souls. A gift from God. To show us His unconditional love through these little fur babies. They bring us so much joy. Make us laugh. Show us love just when we need it. I still see his little face cuddling with me at night. He would perch on my shoulder. His cute little face. Like he was saying I love you Mommy. I would pet him and comfort him. Then he went off to his warm bed to sleep. There is a song called Well Done. I believe his journey that he was sent for was over. Now he is in heaven. God welcomed him and said Well Done. Now he has returned to the one who sent him. Over the rainbow bridge. I pray we will see him again πŸ™

Reply with quote  #85 
Joyce, You will see Christopher again. We shall all be reunited with our babies when the time comes. Meanwhile they are running and playing and having a grand old time while they wait😊
Canotgrieve

Reply with quote  #86 
Overall I have been depressed πŸ˜” since losing Christopher. I am even taking an anxiety and anti depressant. It starts with not having him next to me in bed when I wake up. Sometimes I would lay my head softly on him and he would purr. He was very vocal and talkative. He had different sounds. Sometimes he would be in another room howling that sounded like singing. I loved that. He sounded so happy. We miss coming home to him. The house is so empty now. I would pick him up and give him hugs and kisses. He would tolerate him. I liked rubbing my cheek on his head while he was laying in the bed and he would purr loudly. He would have a conversation with me before bedtime before Daddy brushed him. I also miss watching him go into his room and play with his toys. Then there was mommy time which I miss the most. He would cuddle in bed with me on my shoulder. He loved mommy to pet him and talk to him. I loved that cat. I would sing to him. I miss him so very much πŸ’”.
Missmysweetboy

Reply with quote  #87 
You are not alone in your depression. Buddy is constantly at the forefront of my thoughts. I stare at his pictures over and over like if I look long enough, he may appear. What I wouldn't do or give to have my little baby guy back. This is the absolute worst pain ever.
Hang in there. Hugs to you.

Reply with quote  #88 
Aww Joyce I am so very sorry. Christopher has always sounded like such an amazing boy.
I had a feeling you were out of sorts , maybe because I'm not doing so great either. I have a few ok days but they are more few than not. Then I can possibly be feeling alright and all of a sudden the pain creeps up on me and it's relentless for the rest of the day.
I'm glad you're taking something to help. In situations you really have no choice. There's a lady in forum been on for awhile and she too is having a hard time. People have been reaching out to her and I've told her speak to a doctor to see if she might get something or even just talk and she won't do it. She has post after post where she says it's the end for her...she's giving up and just wants to be with her doggie. I think a huge part is guilt she's suffering due to the vet she had him to whom she claims was entirely his fault the dog passed. In any case her posts and p.messages are veryyy concerning.
It's such a terrible thing losing a pet and it takes a terrible toll.
I at one point was ready to throw in the towel but the passing days since have been a bit less raw.

Your Christopher sounds like a human lol. What a smart and wonderful kitty he was. I've had a few other kittys in my lifetime ( mostly when I was a kid) but none of them were as unique in my eyes as Henry was. I know that's how you must feel about Christopher.
I try to keep as busy as possible but how busy can I be when I'm retired? Maybe if I was a jetsetter lol but I'm far from that. My world was basically myself and Henry . It's just not fair they can't be with us foreverπŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”

Thanks for getting back to me. Take care of yourself and my thoughts are with you.

Carol
Canotgrieve

Reply with quote  #89 
Christopher was more like a human inside a furry baby. He was so smart. So special. Tell me more about Henry. I would love to hear about Buddy too Missmysweetboy. Sometimes it is good to think about the positives. Each one is unique. They are given to us and are special to each of us. Your babies sound so precious. We were so blessed to have them. No wonder we miss them so much. I don't feel I could ever love another fur baby like I did Christopher. Even though everyone is trying to convince us to get another. I can't even put his things away yet. Still grieving.

Reply with quote  #90 
Henry was always unique to me because he was a polydactyl cat meaning he had extra toes. He had thumbs too and looked exactly like he was wearing bright white mittens. Had a bit of a weird but cute face also . People say he looked like Lion King. It's very prevelant in closeup pictures. He had a personality whereby he would take temper tantrums if I said 'Henry do you want a spanking?'
If he was scratching at the wall or whatever I would ask him that jokingly and he would curl up in a ball and scratch himself with his hind nails. I always stopped him but in any case it was pretty comical. We always said he was attacking himself lol. He didn't like being scolded :)
Plus I got him as an abandoned newborn by his cat Mom and he was no bigger than my hand. He was apparently the only one of a litter of 6 to survive past a week. Such a fighter. He wasn't really human -like but he was a very caring/comforting soul. If he knew you were sick or sad he wouldn't leave your side at all.
He was a trooper. He just kept going after illness . Didn't want to leave the world ..for my sake. Would have kept going with all the pain if I hadn't had him euthanized. Everyone loved Henry. I miss him so very badly.
I won't be getting another kittty cat. Not even a goldfish. Cannot go through it again and like yourself I would never love any pet the way I did him and you Christopher.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.