Forum

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 10      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »
rachellel

Reply with quote  #31 
Thank you for sharing, cannot grieve. I cried reading your post.
Polo

Reply with quote  #32 
I am (in the nicest possible way) so glad you were able to release your grief- i know it must have been terribly upsetting and confusing although I must say again that there was never any doubt of the overwhelming love you had for one another. It seems this whole episode was very surreal and a physical reminder of your precious Christopher allowed your mind to process what happened and catch up with your already devastated heart in mourning this terrible loss. Christopher was an innocent little angel and the compassion, kindness and love you showed throughout your care of him tells me a lot about your character and will be enough to ensure you (and poor husband) will one day be reunited with him in heaven :)
Canotgrieve

Reply with quote  #33 
Rachelle I am so touched to know my post made you connect to the precious ones you have also lost. Polo thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful words. We all cherish those memories.
rachellel

Reply with quote  #34 
T. T. and Mustache were my little fur angels. Their loving, dedicated, loyal and playful spirits will stay with me always. I didn't expect to lose them both at once but take comfort in knowing they are together in heaven. They came into the world together and left this world together. RIP my little sweet peas.
Canotgrieve

Reply with quote  #35 
As mentioned, it is so important that we never stop thinking and talking about our missed fur babies. It helps the healing and deal with the heartbrake.
rachellel

Reply with quote  #36 
I am thankful for this website/forum. I agree it's important to keep talking about our losses. I cried when I came home to a house with out
Cats.😢 It helps to read about other people's experiences and write about my own.
Canotgrieve

Reply with quote  #37 
Rachelle seems like you are really connecting to your babies. Even though it is hard, crying helps to release the overwhelming feeling of loss. I have been talking to and singing to Christopher today. Feel like he is here.
rachellel

Reply with quote  #38 
Crying is a good release. It's a relief. I have a stuffed animal that looks like Mustache that helps me keep his presence close. Maybe, it's silly but I put it in the places he used to hang out at certain times of day and night . Glad you could feel Christopher's presence today. I feel both T. T. and Mustache's loving spirits nearby.
Canotgrieve

Reply with quote  #39 
We still have Christopher's things around the house. I want his memory visable. I really felt his spirit in the house yesterday. I hope I never loose that. My husband was a little angry last night that we lost him before the holidays. We will have a hard time trying to enjoy them without him. It is also my birthday tomorrow. Very sad. I can see him in my mind which is good. His precious little face. I miss hearing him around the house. He was quite vocal. These things you can't get back.
rachellel

Reply with quote  #40 
I also have T.T.'s and Mustache' s things around the house. It helps me keep them close. I haven't even been able to throw away their dry food in their dishes. I'm having a hard time with everyday routines. Their presence was such a big part of my life. They participated in my routines with me.Even making coffee without Mustache in his normal place on top of the cupboard is hard. I' m also having a hard time imagining Christmas without them. It's just not the same. Sorry you have your birthday without Christopher.
Canotgrieve

Reply with quote  #41 
My husband found a birthday card from Christopher that looked like him when he was a kitten. So cute. Made me cry. I understand how you are feeling. Chris and I used to have huggy kissy time. He tolorated it. Missed that especially today. Yes Christmas will not be the same without our babies. My husband said he misses Christopher in his routine as well. I just cleaned out his bowls but they are still in place. We just took his unused kidney food and meds to the vet. They said they could use them. John saw a kitten to adopt. We saw one right before we lost Christopher there too. Can't do it. I am afraid I couldn't love another like I loved him.
rachellel

Reply with quote  #42 
Happy Birthday, Christopher's mom. Glad your husband found a card from him. It must be especially hard to not have him around today. I finally threw away the dry food from their bowls. I finished the tuna that I opened to try to entice them to eat. It really sank in how sick they were when they refused tuna, only drinking the juice. It was really sad to eat the last of the tuna yet it was comforting to share tuna one last time with my dear T. T. and Mustache. I don't know when I'll be ready for new kitten/s or cats. I liked having brothers from the same litter but don't know if I'll have the heart to get two the same age after losing them both in one weekend. What I do know for sure is that I will continue to keep my little fur angels close to my heart
Canotgrieve

Reply with quote  #43 
Thank you for the birthday wishes. We had two Christmas parties this weekend. It was nice, but I woke up Sunday very sad and depressed. Even though we did go to church. Last night I had another cry before I went to bed. I feel like I'm missing him more. I have gotten sympathy cards, gifts, baked goods and birthday cards to help cheer me up. I found a stone engraved No longer by my side, but Foverer in my Heart, with a back of a cat with a Halo and angel wings. So cute. We still talk about the funny things he did. I cherish a couple of days before he passed, cuddling up with me for mommy time and falling asleep in my arms. My husband thinks he was telling me he loved me and will miss me. It was like he knew. I really miss that the most.
rachellel

Reply with quote  #44 
I cried after coming home from Christmas shopping last night. T. T. loved Christmas and somehow always managed to find his gifts among all the bags. Once I tucked his gifts in three bags and he still found them. I think T. T. and Mustache said goodbye and they loved me. Mustache in his last weeks would go to his favorite chair and meow. He was funny in that he would usually only sit on my lap when I sat in his favorite chair. So I made a point of sitting there as much as I could and he would curl up on my lap. One of T.T.' s last night's, after he was not doing much but sleeping by himself, he came and jumped up on my lap and snuggled up so cozy that it felt like he wanted to stay forever. I stayed in place until my legs got numb from not moving. I miss them so much that sometimes I can't stand it. I've gotten sympathy cards and chocolates. It's a comfort to know how much people care and to keep them close with good memories.

Jeditaz

Reply with quote  #45 
I lost my Taz a week ago today. 12-12 at exactly midnight. I had literally just put my phone down from emailing a place for veterinary support because I had a feeling that he had thyroid issues. I had just lost my job and things were tight with Christmas coming up. I still owe my veterinarian $200 from the last time I went with one of my other cats. I did not want to have to put anything else on a tab especially if it was thyroid related. So I set my phone down he comes up to me and meows the most horrendous meow I had ever heard come from him... I sat there and headed him for a few seconds and he ran off to the litter box then I heard a rustling in a bag inside of my closet he ran back out and under my bed and I watched him struggle to breathe and he fell over and I watched the light go from his eyes. I had Taz for 15 years. Ever since he was about six weeks old. My other cat Chino, who we got the same day, is taking it hard. Woodrow...who we got about 2 years later, is having a very rough time. The first few days I cried and cried and now I am in the same boat. I feel absolutely numb. I look outside where I buried him and I keep expecting him to come running up to the door. I don't sleep well. I watch the door so much. Funny...he loved going outside. But wasn't an outside cat. I think I'm in denial. Of some weird sort. Grief is strange. Losry both of my parents in the last 3 years. My mom's 1 year gone is on the 28th. Went through a grief share group at church when I lost her. Sorry for the book. Just tossing it all out there. Don't stress...grief stages are strange. And each time for me, it has been different.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.