Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 5      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next
rachellel

Reply with quote  #16 
Thanks for sharing. It just helps to know other people are experiencing something similar.
Canotgrieve

Reply with quote  #17 
Barri I feel your pain. We did everything to try and keep Christopher going. We spent thousands of dollars. He was worth every penny. Then we felt helpless because there was nothing else we could do. I feel like a monster, like I am not human. I should be mourning like my husband is. He was my baby. What kind of mother am I? I am so sorry you lost two fur babies in such a short time as well. We need to keep talking about them. Keep thinking about them. Then maybe it will sink in.
Canotgrieve

Reply with quote  #18 
I saw the Rainbow bridge on line. Maybe that would help me too. I don't know what to do. I feel disconnected some how. I feel like my heart has been ripped out. I think I must be in some denial as well. Trying to keep busy so I don't drive myself crazy with the guilt.
rachellel

Reply with quote  #19 
It is traumatic to lose pet/s quickly. Barri, so sorry for your loss of Petey and Maggie. I know what it's like to lose 2 pets in a short period. It seems like I was just at the vet and I found out both cats were dehydrated right before Thanksgiving. But the vet said their Labs were good and their kidney disease was still at beginning stages. They had to be on subcutaneous fluids. I thought they were doing alright and had longer than a few weeks to live.
Canotgrieve

Reply with quote  #20 
My Christopher was the most precious boy. I can't even feel and miss him yet. I am the worst mommy.
opus

Reply with quote  #21 
Canotgrieve,
you are not the worst mommy.

It is not how you grieve that measures your relationship with Christopher.

Your loss is new. The fact that you feel numb is not strange at all. Even if you never cry over the passing of Christopher you gave him what he needed: love and a good home. You were a good mommy.

In the meantime I hope I can find peace and the support I need to get through this pain.
Polo

Reply with quote  #22 
I’m so sorry for your loss. As others said it may be the shock or as noted, some denial. You could however, just be completely drained and more than likely depressed. When I lost Rocky, he had been slowly declining for some time and had also been living with a tumour for many years. I think when our little ones get diagnosed with a life threatening or terminal illness, a little part of us has already started grieving. I know when I first learned of my boy’s tumour, I was completely devastated. I was helpless to do anything and had, as I know u all have as well, made a promise to him from the beginning to always look after him. I felt I had let him down and failed in my care. I’m pretty sure I lost a lot of my emotions (as a person) from then an was definitely more guarded and withdrawn. Like you, I would be numb a lot of the times, like a robot even but randomly would break down in tears- I mean really break down :(

Please don’t second guess yourself or try to force any emotions as to what you think should be the appropriate reaction or way to act. Each of us is different and there is no doubt in anyone’s mind that you loved your baby more than the world :)
opus

Reply with quote  #23 
Rachellel,

I am so sorry to hear about how both Mustache and T.T. had to be put to sleep a day apart.

That must have been so hard. I feel for you.

I am glad they both shared a long life with you.
Our pets are so special.

In the meantime I hope I can find peace and the support I need to get through this pain.
Canotgrieve

Reply with quote  #24 
Opus and Polo I just don't understand how I could not miss him. I do feel stone hearted or robotic. I think I am disconnected from the love I felt for him. The guilt is overwhelming. To see my husband devastated and me with little tears. Everything should remind me of him. Even his pictures aren't filing the void I have in my heart. Thanks for your support. I just wish I could feel his love again. He meant everything to me. I feel not human.
opus

Reply with quote  #25 
Canotgrieve,

Breathe deeply.
The disconnect you are feeling-right now that is how you are dealing with your grief. You didn’t make a conscious choice to be feeling (or not feeling) this way. It is okay. Breathe.

Be there for your husband while ge grieves if you can. Maybe you can find some comfort together.

I have some ideas that might help you.

One of them you are already doing. Keep sharing with others on this forum. Tell your and Christopher’s story.

Consider making some sort of memorial for Christopher.
My mom processes her grief when she loses a pet by writing a poem about them and drawing a picture of them in a sketch book.
I find a picture of my pet that is special to me and I put it up in my home somewhere special to help me remember them.

Perhaps others will share orher ideas about things that might help you.

Canotgrieve

Reply with quote  #26 
Thanks for your suggestions. I have tried everything. My husband just told me the vet made paw prints and a lock of hair for me. He will be bringing his bed home. The one he took his last breath in. Maybe that will help. I did a candle light tribute to him. I sit in the dark with his blanket. Stare at his pictures. I know this is not how I expected to be feeling. I do need to keep thinking about him. Hoping somehow I can connect again.
Canotgrieve

Reply with quote  #27 
Polo I am so sorry about Rocky. What a sad story. Must have been hard for you. I wish I could just really break down. So I can feel the love I had again.
Polo

Reply with quote  #28 
Thank you & I am so sorry for your loss. Although you may feel betrayed by your own emotions, I know you are devastated and greatly suffering this huge loss. It’s probably a little surreal for you now but without a doubt you have been a loving and caring mum to Christopher as evidenced by the care and love you showered over him his whole lifetime. He knows just how much you loved him and in my opinion, that is what matters the most :)
Canotgrieve

Reply with quote  #29 
I finally had my breakthrough. It was when my husband brought his bed home. The one he cuddled in and took his final breath. Then his paw prints the vet made for us and his piece of fur. I finally connected to him again and had my breakdown. I felt him near me and in my heart. We talked about our memories of him all night. His unconditional love for us no matter what. We cried together and remembered him. I really needed that. I cried again before we fell asleep. I really missed him and felt him close. This morning I cried again. I could see him sleeping next to me in my mind. My precious baby Christopher. I will love you always. Thank you Polo for your moving post. I know you understand. The loss is great. They are little people inside a fur baby. They have feelings and show love. They appreciate the love you give them. A special bond like no other. God bless you little Christopher. You are with him now. When you entered heaven, He said, well done my good and faithful servant. You served your Mommy and Daddy well. Now rest in peace.
Canotgrieve

Reply with quote  #30 
I will love you for a thousand years, and I will love you for a thousand more.....
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.