Forum

Author   Comment   Page 7 of 7     «   Prev   4   5   6   7
Missmysweetboy

Reply with quote  #91 
Buddy was a beautiful flame point Siamese with medium length fur and a symmetrical white mask. He and his brother were abandoned at a house on my jog route. My neighbor fed them for about 6 mos then asked me to feed them when he moved. Buddy's brother let me pet him but it took a while for me to even be able to pet Buddy's head for a second. The brother disappeared and I knew I had to capture Buddy. It was so sad because Buddy was crazy about his brother. Gradually, Buddy let us pet him. My husband and and I would call for him and he would pop his head up over the long grass like chipmunk then come running like a cheetah to us and throw himself down in the dirt and start rolling around and dragging himself toward us. He would stop just out of reach and make us work for love. By the time we left him, he was a muddy mess from us sweating all over the dirt he was covered in.

I tried to put him in a cage after I was able to pick him up but he wiggled free and jumped from shoulder high hurting his leg. I was petrified it was broken and he would not be able to escape a predator. He was fine though and I was too scared to try again. So we fed him daily to twice daily, applied Revolution and put beds out in cold weather.
After a year and a half, Buddy got himself caught in a neighbor's raccoon trap. He loved cheese and that night it was both his downfall and salvation . That morning, he didn't show up for breakfast. That afternoon, the neighbor came by and told me he caught Buddy and asked if I still wanted him. I got in my husband's truck and went right over. Buddy was screaming and dragging himself around the cage. As soon as he heard my voice, he stopped and said nothing else for the 45 minute ride to the vet. He just looked around. I told him it was the best day of his life. Now his "lady and man" would be his mom and dad.

He was such a good boy inside even though he had never lived inside. He and my 12 yr old Princess became friends after some chasing, hissing, and litter box ambushes. He would always search her out and sleep near her and hang out with her. Lots of mom and dad lap time together. She passed in August 2016 at the age of 15yr 2mos and I was devastated. Little did I know that 27 mos later, I would have my heart shattered.

I am so incredibly happy to have had him and know that the stars seemed to have aligned for him to be mine. I know he had a wonderful life and he was a very happy boy. I know there was nothing that we could have done to save him from the heart disease that took him. I know that I should dwell on all of the happy memories of him and not the fact that I miss him so much it hurts. I just keep trying to convince my heart of what my head knows. 😿
neesy369

Reply with quote  #92 
Hi Carol,  I completely understand.  I think I am getting better and then a big wave comes over me and I can't stop crying.  I lost my most handsome Sammy on January 7, 2019.  I still can't believe he is gone.  It's like a bad dream.  I cant concentrate at work.  I am completely lost without him.

Reply with quote  #93 
Hi Denise

How very sorry I am about your precious Sammy.
I truly know where you're coming from. The pain and longing are unbearable.
And as you say it's like a horrible dream . I still can't quite fathom that Henry is gone. In the first week I would think ok he's just gone for a few days but he'll be back. I couldn't allow myself to think that I'd never see him again. I couldn't begin to imagine that I'd never see him again.
Now as it stands I'm coping somewhat better but it's true that a wave will still come over me bringing back the grief and pain a hundredfold. It's such a strange process. I was in the supermarket the other day feeling a bit of hope as I walked up and down the aisles and then it was as if a black hole opened up under my feet and down I went. I didn't even think I was going to make it home it put me in such despair.

I'm sorry about Sammy and all the beloved furbabies in the forum. May they all rest in blissful peace. I know we will be with them again one day.

neesy369

Reply with quote  #94 
I am so sorry about the loss of your Henry. What a cutie pie. I know what you mean. I went down the pet food aisles the other day to buy my other munchkins their food and I had to walk right by the food I used to get for my Sammy. I lost it. I guess once we accept that they are gone, it's supposed to get better. Maybe we are just not ready to let go yet.
neesy369

Reply with quote  #95 
Yes the only thing that keeps me going is knowing I will see him again.
Canotgrieve

Reply with quote  #96 
Was moved to hear the stories about Henry, Buddy and Sammy. Funny how we all gave our babies human names. Because they are a person in a furry body. They have feelings. They communicate. They need to be taken care of. The need love and give love unconditional. Like no other. They are truly precious little souls. No wonder we are devastated to lose them. I had Christopher since he was weened. He was so tiny. The runt of the litter. When I picked him up he cuddled on my shoulder and I knew he was meant to be mine. His first two years were good. He had a brother Chester. I had a rough time the next four years moving from place to place. So they suffered with me. Then after I met my husband Chester ran away. I think he had enough of the hard life. But my husband took to Christopher right away. He noticed he never purred. John gave him so much love. He had the best Daddy for ten years. He deserved it. He was a Korat. He was small for a male. All smoke gray. So talkative and smart. He brought us so much joy. Made us laugh. What a doll baby. I cried for him again last night. We both feel we lost a family member. Things will never be the same without him.
neesy369

Reply with quote  #97 
So sorry "cannotgrieve".  I know how you feel.  I am lost.  I go home for lunch everyday.  The hardest parts of my days are coming home for lunch and not seeing my Sammy in the window or being able to let him and his little brother Chino out, and what really kills me is coming home from work and making everyone dinner except for Sammy.  Although I have other pets who I love dearly and will take the best care I can of them, there will only be one Sammy for me.  We just had and incredible bond as he also did with his daddy.  His daddy isn't quite as sad and he is able to deal with it a little better than me.  I had him longer and we went through so much together, moving around as you did.  I really do hope and pray we all get to be with our sweet babies again, and never have to let them go ever again.  My prayers are with you and everyone who is missing their fur babies.  

Reply with quote  #98 
I hadn't heard of that breed before. I googled it and beautiful cat! Just gorgeous!
Says they are very intelligent , communicative, and bonds excellently with people. They look as though they are extremely fit.
I know you miss him so terribly. I despise that we have to go through this.

My thoughts are with you.
Canotgrieve

Reply with quote  #99 
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. My prayers are for you as well 🙏. Yes this is so hard. They are not with us as long as we would like. I had Christopher 16 years. I feel blessed to have had him that long. For that I am grateful. Recently we moved and Christopher adjusted well and seemed very content. He loved our last house too. He was the king. Yes I also miss not coming home to him. Not waking up to him. Not going to sleep with him. My heart is broken 💔. I know you all share in my grief.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.