Allie
Tomorrow will be one week since my precious kitty Mia died. She was with me over 20 years. She was originally part of a group of 4 of about the same age. I have been dealing with kitty illnesses and death for about 5 years now.

They were all wonderful and quite different personalities. Mia was always the sweetest with the other cats ( she groomed them), with me and with other people. I though she was really an angel in the shape of a cat.

We became very close when she became the only kitty and I was not working. I am grateful for all the joy we had in this time together.

I was a wreck with the passing of each cat but Mias passing is more difficult because of how close we had become and because I am at home facing 3 months housebound recovering from an injury.

I constantly imagine that she is coming to greet me in the morning, or that she must be hungry or Wonder where she is and why she is not with me.

Then Inthink she is with me, angel that she must be now, continuing to watch over me.

I am so so sad and yet so grateful that she was in my life
A
Quote 0 0
DaniC
I'm terribly sorry for the pain you're experiencing in your heart as well as your physical pain. I'm sure Mia is indeed watching over you as she has for 20 years. How blessed you are to have had this wonderful creature to love. Take good care of yourself.
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
So sorry on your loss of Mia - what a great age she was, you must have given her a wonderful life. I am sure she will be watching over you, and if she could thank you for all the love you gave her, she would.  Take each day at a time - grief is strange, just when you think its getting a little better, back it comes just as hard as the first few days.  So be kind to yourself, your little angel would want you to. 

Hugs to you, Jackie. x
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Allie
Thank you for yoour kind and empathetic thoughts. I had a better couple of days but I am really down today. I forget she is no longer here. I keep expecting her to show up in the morning. My consolation is that she was so good she must be in a good place now.
A
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
I too had a kitty that lived to 20 years but I lost her several years ago.  I surely miss her still today, but nothing like losing my Beagle Molly.  Even though you love all of them somehow as someone here has said better than I could say sometimes there is your "once in a lifetime" pet that trumps them all.  Molly was mine and sounds like Mia was yours.  When you are home alone it becomes worse for sure.  I know that is the case for me as well. 

Wish I could tell you it will all be better in a day or two, but it doesn't seem to work that way.  Hopefully when you are able to get out and about more that will help you heal a little.  In the meantime, you have come to the right spot to talk about your baby and try to heal a little bit.

Sending you hugs.
janice
Quote 0 0
davey1
Sorry to hear about your loss of Mia. I am however glad to listen to a story of a great bond and that you were able to spend over 20 years together. You obviously took wonderful care of her; many dogs and cats only go a few short years without ever experiencing the type of bond you were able to share OR for as long as you did. 
It is hard, and it will continue to be going through daily routines without Mia. Find a nice way to honor her and try to keep thinking positive thoughts (as it seems you are already doing). 
Davey's Dad
Quote 0 0