Jcunnane Show full post »
Memories_of_Marmalade

Hi Jackie,

I concur. That day is still so vivid and raw. I am still devastated from memories of that final day and the months leading up to it. I am a haunted man.

It does my heart good to see Michelle's "Rocky", my "Marmalade" and your "Bubby" (aka "Milo") photos together all in a row, under our names, on the left, as I scroll up. Members of "The Orange Boys Club." And above them is Ronnie's "Talyn's" name (no photo) and Ginger's Mom (No photo) (Ginger was an orange girl cat) (first girl in the Orange Boys Club that should probably be called "The Orange Cat Club" here on the forum.)

All such enchanting and otherworldly in their grace creatures.

All of you are in my thoughts and prayers, always.

XO,
James
Quote 1 0
Ronnie
Ditto to all the above (including the tears). It's been 16 weeks as of Sunday, and I relive that night repeatedly in my mind. Thanks for the 'honorable mention' of my precious Talyn,much appreciated James! I've been occasionally logging into the live chat, but I had to step away as well for a while. When you have a companion that was the center of your heart and mind 24/7 it's hard to move on. I don't think I can yet, if ever...
take care all,

Ronnie - Talyn's Daddy forever https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TALYN001/Resident.htm
Ronnie A
Quote 0 0
Jcunnane
Dear Bubby,

Today is 5 months since we had to say "see you for now" and it's still so hard. Some days are good some days are bad but there's still such a HUGE void in my heart from losing you. But it makes sense because you were bigger than life. Your light was so bright. Everything about you just had this beam of light. It's still not fair that you were taken from us so early. I know you gave it your all so many times and fought so hard but I don't think I'll ever wrap my head around why you were taken so early from us. There was still so much more from you but your little body was tired. I wish I could have saved you little man. I wish you could see Avery grow up. I wish you were still here for Lola. I wish I could still have my Bubby hugs and cuddles. I just wish you were here. It's not fair. Just not fair. As I sit here with the tears rolling down my cheeks I remember so many wonderful memories with you. Memories that I will forever treasure. Just like I will always treasure you to the highest level possible. You taught me so much about myself, you prepped me for Avery, you gave me so much love, you protected me. You are just the most incredible little soul ever. I can never repay you for all the love and happiness you gave me. With so many times of you in the hospital and the fear I encountered not knowing if you would return home, I would do it all over again in a heartbeat to have you back. I miss you so much my little man. My booty bear. My handsome pants. The other day I noticed all these holes on the hip of my joggers and I giggled because I realized it was from you. It's only on the left side where you would reach up and ask to be picked up. I don't think I'll ever be able to get rid of these pants now. 

My heart is still so heavy but each day I'm trying to put on a brave face. I don't know want you to worry about me baby boy. I want you to be free and enjoy the RB. Mommy will be ok. But I can't wait for the day to see you again. I can't wait to hug you again. To kiss you again. To wrap my arms around you and never ever let go. Keep me close Bubs and I'll always keep you close! I love you so so so much! My sweet tiger guy!

I miss you my little man...

XOXO, Love Mommy 💜

Bubby's (Milo) Mommy - Always & Forever My Little Man 💜

Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Jackie,

Your beautiful, eloquent, sweet and very heartfelt words echo what so many of us here on the forum are feeling and experiencing. Thank you for writing to your beloved Bubby (aka Milo) here and sharing with all of us. You are a true asset to this forum. God bless you for doing so.

Hugs,
James
Quote 0 0
Jcunnane
Memories_of_Marmalade wrote:

Dear Jackie,

Your beautiful, eloquent, sweet and very heartfelt words echo what so many of us here on the forum are feeling and experiencing. Thank you for writing to your beloved Bubby (aka Milo) here and sharing with all of us. You are a true asset to this forum. God bless you for doing so.

Hugs,
James

Thanks so much, James. And likewise as well. You are so helpful to so many people on this forum who need that virtual shoulder to lean on. You have welcomed so many people in pain. I wish we didn't have to be on here but I'm so thankful to be here with such wonderful, kind, giving souls like yourself. It's made this process bearable. 

HUGS ALWAYS!
Jackie

Bubby's (Milo) Mommy - Always & Forever My Little Man 💜

Quote 0 0
MichelleKinkaid
Jackie,
I hope you are doing ok, relatively speaking. I have been away from posting as I got busy with my annual event the last couple weeks so have missed everyone here. Perhaps you have been away from posting too?
The monthly date of losing my Rocky just occurred on the 13th and I know we share that time of loss. Missing my boy Rocky terribly and am thinking of you too.
Hugs,
xoxo
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
Ronnie
Jackie,

It's been over 4 months, and you nailed it. Your verbiage expresses what I'm thinking/feeling perfectly, no need to add. Life will never be the same for me without Talyn in it, and I also have a hard time wrapping my head around how he was taken from so soon. I had plans this holiday to get him some cool new stuff. This will be the first holiday season in 11 years that my precious teddy cat is not with me.

Ronnie - Talyn's Daddy https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TALYN001/Resident.htm
Ronnie A
Quote 0 0
just_lost
What a beautiful boy!  He reminds me a lot of Away (you damn cat), and he has some of Brutus (you damn cat) in his face.  I think that most all cats are beautiful.  I don't know why I'm such a cat person, but I have been all of my life.  I like dogs, but I'd much rather have cats.

I'm sorry about your beautiful Rocky.  It's really hard to put into words what our babies mean to us and how much we miss them - they're better than people (in my opinion), so they take much more of us with them when they go.  It's obvious from your words that Rocky is very much loved and had a wonderful home.  You're a wonderful parent 😉

Losing Leena (our kitten from several years ago) and Felix ("Damn Cat", in June) was really hard, but you're right - one day at a time is all we can do.  I'm an unhealthy level of busy most of the time, but I always spend time with Away, Brutus, Midget, and Mittens (Hailey) on weekends and I always find them and pet them (if they're home...you damn cats) when I get home late at night.

MichelleKinkaid wrote:
Jackie ... James and all,
My feelings are so much what you write ... and you write so lovingly. I miss my Rocky so much it's hard for me to put into words and when I do it hurts even more. I loved him so very much and he was more that just a kitty ... he was truly my "Rock". Some days I just don't now what to do. I cry and my heart hurts. I want to just go over and hold him or snuggle with him and have him lay next to me as he always did. He was such a love cat. I miss him so much. I try to project a good outer appearance but inside my heart is breaking all the time. As so many of you have described ... we can only take it one day at a time. That's what I'm doing. Some days just seem more sad than others. Next week it will be 4 months ... so hard to believe. I miss him so much.

I am thankful for the support this site continues to offer. Thank you all.
xoxo   Rocky - outside 2007-2 013 CROP yard.jpg   
Quote 0 0
MichelleKinkaid
Thank you for the nice post. One day at a time is right ... that's what I must do as I constantly think of my sweet boy Rocky and I miss him terribly. It is Thanksgiving and my heart is sad as this 28th day of November is also the 3rd anniversary of my Dad's passing and the 5 1/2 month mark of my Rocky's passing. While I'm thankful they were in my life, my heart hurts that they are no longer with me. I agree with you about preferring pets over most people and I'm sorry you have experienced this painful loss. Their paw prints are forever in our hearts ... I just wish they could still be here.
xoxo
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
MichelleKinkaid
Jackie,
Thinking of you and your Bubby (Milo) as this new year and decade begin. I know we are both missing our boys.
xoxo
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
redgirlraven
Hi Jackie,
I just wanted to you to know I have been thinking of you and Milo, your Buddy.  I still miss my Roary.  I things are settling down for you and that your sweet baby girl is well.  God Bless

AR
Quote 0 0
joysmom
Isn't it something how we dissect the last few days and weeks to see what we may have missed in their behavior or what we could have done differently?  I've spent many hours trying to do the same thing and I can only wonder if they didn't want us to know?  I can look back on photos now and confirm that he didn't look perky that day, and one in particular haunts me of him looking particularly thirsty (he had fluid in his abdomen that I didn't know).

I also had a medical marvel that overcame great health obstacles and I feel like it is another one of many reasons why I grieve.  We made it through sooooo much together with medical intervention, lots of $$$ and alot of fight from both of us.  I keep thinking that no one understands how special he was, how much we overcame together and how much I was willing to fight over and over to save him.  I ask-how can I ever have that again??? 
Quote 0 0
Ronnie
@joysmom " I keep thinking that no one understands how special he was, how much we overcame together and how much I was willing to fight over and over to save him. I ask-how can I ever have that again??? "

--My sentiment exactly!

Ronnie - Talyn's Daddy https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TALYN001/Resident.htm
Ronnie A
Quote 0 0
enorton
Ditto!
Esther Norton
Quote 0 0
Pootiepaws
I'm so sorry for your loss.  I've lost my baby girl of 18 years on new year's eve of this year.  I know I will never get over her,  and I don't think pet owners ever do.  I was told if it hurts,  then that's love.  I'm so very sorry.
Quote 0 0