Pierresmemory
I can’t quite say the whole story right now because it’s just to hard, but the decision I made to take our Sphinx Pierre to emergency vet resulted in him being killed by the vet on duty and I’m struggling to deal with it, it’s my fault, my mum didn’t really want to take him but I said he really had to go and now he’s no longer with us :(
Quote 0 0
PeanutWee
I'm so sorry for your loss of Pierre. From your words I can see you only wanted to take care of him and help him because you love him. He knows this. Your mum may be upset right now, but deep down she knows this too. Please know you're not alone...there are many caring folk here and if you cannot talk yet about what happened, I hope you may find reading their stories helpful to you.

It's so heartbreaking...please be kind and gentle with yourself. Pierre knows you love him.

Sincerely,
Peanut's Mom
"Sometimes even the smallest things can take up the most room in your heart"
-Winnie the Pooh

Quote 0 0
Purzel
I am very sorry for the loss of your sweet Pierre. Please have in mind that no vet is "killing" our beloved ones but is there to care and end terrible suffering. And you were there to care, help and provide for your sweet Pierre out of selfless love for him. You love him dearly and he knows you do. Please, do not blame yourself because you did right by him. He is now free of pain.

We are all here for you because we all understand and have been through the same torture and pain of losing our beloved ones.

My heart goes out to you
Silvia (with Max forever in my heart)

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
Sil
Pierresmemory,  I am truly sorry for your loss, we all understand your pain, and I certainly understand your guilt.  Sometimes, the outcome of an emergency vet visit is not what we expected....and we lose our fur babies.  You intended to help Pierre, to ease his pain, to help him heal.  You actions were based on love for Pierre, do not blame yourself.  
Quote 0 0
Pierresmemory
I understand all your explanations but he wasn’t dying, he had an increased heart beat, he dropped from 80 beats per minute to 52 in an hour which is great but the vet sedated him too soon on a full stomach with 3 different sedatives, she did kill him and I’m so broken
Quote 0 0
PeanutWee
I'm so sorry. Even if you now consider your reason for taking Pierre to the emergency as trivial, as something that could have waited on visiting his regular vet, the fact remains that you were simply doing your best to take care of your sweet Pierre. I'm so very sorry for the outcome. I don't understand why the emergency vet would have taken such measures as the 3 different sedatives on a full stomach.

Sincerely,
Peanut's Mom
"Sometimes even the smallest things can take up the most room in your heart"
-Winnie the Pooh

Quote 0 0
Nina72
PeanutWee wrote:
I'm so sorry for your loss of Pierre. From your words I can see you only wanted to take care of him and help him because you love him. He knows this. Your mum may be upset right now, but deep down she knows this too. Please know you're not alone...there are many caring folk here and if you cannot talk yet about what happened, I hope you may find reading their stories helpful to you.

It's so heartbreaking...please be kind and gentle with yourself. Pierre knows you love him.

Sincerely,
Peanut's Mom
Quote 0 0
Nina72
So very sorry for Your loss.i lost my furry friend yesterday and sadly although I have family and teenage children none of them understand what I am going through.so..I don't even bother...because their comments would even upset me more.life is cruel..hugs to you
Quote 0 0
catiebee
That is beyond heartbreaking. I'm terribly sorry. It must be such an awful shock--I can't even imagine. I hope being here will help you not feel quite so alone in your pain. I'm very sad to hear that such an awful thing happened to your baby and for how much this is hurting you and your family.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0