Maria
I believe that there are more than angels watching over me and that Ralphie's just a breath away from me and this brings me great comfort ... yet there are times when grief seems to pop out of nowhere and I'm amazed at its intensity and all that I, or anyone of us can do, is ride the wave of grief  for a while and let the tears fall ... but the sun rises again bringing smiles once more and then a little Yorkie fur angel reminds me that every day is a gift and my heart overflows with his love.

I just wanted to share all these feelings I'm experiencing today ... God bless you all and bring you to a place of healing.

Rainbow hugs from Ralphie and his mom Maria.        
Maria - Ralphie's Mom
"Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened"-Anatole France
Quote 0 0
rbykrk
Maria, all you write is so true. Grief is complex,,it ebbs , we resolve our feeling then out of nowhere some chance thought or memory  brings a tidal wave on sadness over us. 
Yet I believe with all my heart that Ralphie, Chucky and all the babies I have come to know and love here at this forum, are all still with us. Giving us comfort, inspiration and strength when we need it most.
You and I have seen that over and over again with our two babies and I know in my heart that my Chucky is not gone. I carry him with me in my heart and thoughts .
As is Ralphie who gave you not only his heart but his joy of life. He is with you with every kind and compassionate word you write to help others and he is your inspiration for the many photo art gifts you have shared with so many of us here.
My biggest hugs to you today and an extra big one is on its way to Ralphie.
Ruby, Chucky's Mom

"Never does a man know the force that is in him until some mighty affection or grief has humanized the soul."

Chucky...Forever Beloved.....May 13, 2007,
Rusty...November 30, 2007
Quote 0 0
miriame
Maria,
I know just how you feel. It is 6 1/2 yrs. since I lost Charity and I still get those feelings.
My thoughts and prayers are always with you.
Quote 0 0
Tricia
So very true Maria and beautifully spoken. Ruby is right, grief  is so complex.  but I believe that God sends these precious babies to us for a reason. We become better people for having them in our lives, they love us unconditionally and when it's time for them to leave us, I believe that part of them, there spirit stays with us, helping us through the good, the bad and the ugly. We have been privledged and honored to have these precious one's in our lives and I believe they are still with us. God bless our babies.

Hugs,

Tricia, Burton&Ozzie's Mom

"Good night sweet prince:And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"
William Shakespere's Hamlet
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
So very true, Maria.  May we all learn to surf, and ride the tides the best we can.
My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
BrahmiesMommy
Hi Maria,
I just logged in and read your post..Just today I was talking about
how my kitties like or didn't like music and Brahmies always loved
hearing the piano I think the others would bug me while I was playing
so I'd stop lol but he  seemed to love it.  I was talking to her about
him and of course his loss is always right there and we talked about
that, and I felt such a resistance to talking about it but this woman
has kitties also and sometimes their reaction of dismay over my loss
as they relate to their own pets, is hard and there was
a wave of grief for him - my music kitty..I tried to resist the grief and
dismay over his way too early loss but it will always be there and
some for Gussie Cat
too although that is a bit different.  Hugs to you my friend.

Brahmie and GussieCat's Mommy - Scottie and Lucy's too
Quote 0 0