Caseyxo Show full post »
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Casey,

I am experiencing the same thing. Each day when I awaken, my first thought is: "I am waking up into a nightmare." That is what I feel.

I hope all of us can somehow make it through this.

Dear Cristina, 

I am so sorry for your loss of your beloved Bentley. He sure was a handsome fella'. I am glad that you are going to be able to adopt one of his relatives. That is very comforting. And admirable.

I also concur with everyone about how our beloved's could make a bad day into a better day. Same here with my "Marmalade." No matter what I was facing, I knew things were going to be better as soon as he was on my lap again. He would always calm me down and reassure me in a matter of minutes. He taught me how to be content, feel grateful & blessed, and how to truly enjoy the moment. That paradise is a state of mind. When he was with me on my lap? It WAS PARADISE. As silly as that sounds. He just had such a wonderful impact on me and my emotions. He was my Emotional Support Animal!

Kind regards,
James
Quote 1 0
blackie99
I'm so sorry Casey, I don't think were ever fully prepared to lose a loved one. And I can't imagine how much worse it is when it's so tragic. I felt the pain in your message and I will keep you, your family and your baby Rubble in prayer.  He's such a handsome guy, he looks happy & loved. I'm sure he felt how much you loved him everyday and that's a beautiful life. 

It was just four months ago, we experienced the tragic loss of our little one, Bella. She was 18 months.  I still cry all the time, but she's worth every tear, I loved her so much and she will always be one the most Beautiful times in my life.  Bella & I send our love, compassion and strength. 

Bella.jpg
Quote 1 0
Jcunnane
blackie99 wrote:
I'm so sorry Casey, I don't think were ever fully prepared to lose a loved one. And I can't imagine how much worse it is when it's so tragic. I felt the pain in your message and I will keep you, your family and your baby Rubble in prayer.  He's such a handsome guy, he looks happy & loved. I'm sure he felt how much you loved him everyday and that's a beautiful life. 

It was just four months ago, we experienced the tragic loss of our little one, Bella. She was 18 months.  I still cry all the time, but she's worth every tear, I loved her so much and she will always be one the most Beautiful times in my life.  Bella & I send our love, compassion and strength. 

Bella.jpg

Dear blackie99,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Bella. She is absolutely gorgeous! Today is 4 weeks since we lost our sweet ginger tabby, Bubby to renal failure. He would have been 10 at the end of this month. 

Like you said, Bubby is worth every tear and more. The amount of unconditional he gave and taught me about is worth all the pain and emptiness. I wish I could have him back but I wouldn't want him in pain and suffering. As hard as it was, I had to say goodbye for now and know we'll be reunited later. He'll always be my one in a million.

Sending you hugs,
Jackie

Bubby's (Milo) Mommy - Always & Forever My Little Man 💜

Quote 1 0
blackie99
Dear Jackie, 
Thank you so much for your kind words.  I'm sorry for the loss of your sweet Bubby, I know most people don't understand how devastating the loss can be and I truly feel sorry for them because it's obvious they have never experienced true and unconditional love like we have.  And I too look forward to the day I'm reunited with my baby girl, I miss her everyday.
Quote 1 0
JimB
Casey, 

Please know that the pain will eventually become tolerable, dear. I know it's bad, God do I know. We all do here. And that was such a heartbreaking end to your poor darling friend. No words can describe the pain that I know you are feeling inside. It feels like you're just hollowed-out... ripped open... dried up. I know. But please, for your sake and your husband's, do everything in your power to eat and deal with this.

I was suicidal over losing my darling little female Dachshund, Precious. Like you and your baby, she was my best friend. I wound up having to call a grief hotline and was seriously considering joining my baby. My wife got so worried over me that she wound up having to be admitted to the emergency-room at our local hospital (where she works). She had a heart attack back in November, wound up have 6-bypasses. She's also a type-1 diabetic. Well, a couple nights after we had our Precious put down, I was having a bad time of it (wasn't eating, like you) and my wife's sugar plummeted and she had to be admitted to the ER. She was crying over me along with grieving for our baby girl; it was too much for her. That was a real wake-up call for me, too. I determined that I wasn't going to lose both my baby and my darling wife! To think that I was even considering leaving my wife Yvonne in this world with not only the loss of our Precious but also the loss of her husband I now know is unthinkable. I was not in my right mind, and there's no way I'd do that to her. Especially after all she's been through. I loved my little Precious, God yes I did (and still do), but my Yvonne means everything to me. 

Please know that eventually the pain really does subside enough for you to keep going. You'll always feel an awful pit in your belly over your loss, you will, but it won't be more than you can bear. And if you allow yourself to, you will be able to show another special little one love. 

Some people wait and grieve for months and even years before going out and adopting or otherwise, and I certainly understand that, but for my wife and I, we couldn't bear such an empty and quiet house. We adopted a little female Beagle-mix three days after our terrible day. It wasn't easy bringing Juno (the new baby) home so soon after losing my soul-mate. And I still am reeling from missing her. But Juno occupies our time and our minds... and she's very, very loving... and that really does help us. Not to mention the fact that Juno needed a home and family. Now she has one. And we dote on her so! 

Please believe that you can (and will) go on. Your baby would definitely want that for you (and your poor husband). Make sure that you let him, your husband, know each day that you don't blame him and that he has no reason to feel guilty. He couldn't have known that the little fella was going to bolt out under the car right then. I know that you both know this, but it's still worth the effort to acknowledge it and say it to him. Your little boy loved you and I'm sure he loved your husband, too. It was a tragic accident. 

If there's a Heaven (and I believe there is), your little one is there. And you'll be reunited with him some day. Until then, keep trying to eat and live your life. Think about getting another sweet little one, too. There's one out there who needs a home and someone to love him/her. He (or she) can never "replace" your beautiful little fella, but you both may need (like my wife and I did) the silence in that house to be filled with something else. I couldn't handle grieving for long. It was getting seriously dangerous for us. Juno was an answer to a prayer. There's one out there for you, too. Please hear me. 

Love and blessings,
jimmy
“Beautiful memories treasured forever of the special times we shared together, faithful companion until the end, rest in peace - farewell my friend”.
Quote 0 0
Living_with_tragedy
Dear Casey,

I am thinking of you and your husband. All of us here on the forum are thinking of both of you.  I hope you were able to contact some of the pet loss support hotlines or got on a pet loss chat.

I am familiar with tragedy.  I had my share of nightmares.  I know the pain is real.  I know it's okay to grieve and mourn.  It's okay to cry.  

Your baby is watching over you and he knows how much you both loved him.  Maybe Rubble and my Parker are playing together wherever they are. Maybe at the Rainbow Bridge. 

Thinking of you,

Parker's Mom
Quote 1 0
elliemae
this is NOT the first time I have heard of this happening.  A woman at my work accidently ran over TWO of her dogs in her driveway on TWO separate occasions.  She came to terms with it I am sure you will too!  So very sorry for your loss of Rubbles its horrible to deal with but IT WILL GET BETTER! 
elizabeth a. cannon
Quote 1 0
Caseyxo
elliemae wrote:
this is NOT the first time I have heard of this happening.  A woman at my work accidently ran over TWO of her dogs in her driveway on TWO separate occasions.  She came to terms with it I am sure you will too!  So very sorry for your loss of Rubbles its horrible to deal with but IT WILL GET BETTER! 

Thank you :(. I never would have thought in my wildest dreams that he would have died that way but I see now how easily animals can be taken by a vehicle. I miss him so much.
Quote 1 0
Caseyxo
Living_with_tragedy wrote:
Dear Casey,

I am thinking of you and your husband. All of us here on the forum are thinking of both of you.  I hope you were able to contact some of the pet loss support hotlines or got on a pet loss chat.

I am familiar with tragedy.  I had my share of nightmares.  I know the pain is real.  I know it's okay to grieve and mourn.  It's okay to cry.  

Your baby is watching over you and he knows how much you both loved him.  Maybe Rubble and my Parker are playing together wherever they are. Maybe at the Rainbow Bridge. 

Thinking of you,

Parker's Mom

Thank you so much. I’m so glad I have this forum to come to when times are hard. I’ve just kind of been going with the motions of life but it’s became more real to me that he’s gone forever. :( I miss everything about him. I pray that rubble and Parker have met and are playing together, hopefully the lord has brought them together because we have met on here, I really hope so. :)
Quote 1 0
Caseyxo
JimB wrote:
Casey, 

Please know that the pain will eventually become tolerable, dear. I know it's bad, God do I know. We all do here. And that was such a heartbreaking end to your poor darling friend. No words can describe the pain that I know you are feeling inside. It feels like you're just hollowed-out... ripped open... dried up. I know. But please, for your sake and your husband's, do everything in your power to eat and deal with this.

I was suicidal over losing my darling little female Dachshund, Precious. Like you and your baby, she was my best friend. I wound up having to call a grief hotline and was seriously considering joining my baby. My wife got so worried over me that she wound up having to be admitted to the emergency-room at our local hospital (where she works). She had a heart attack back in November, wound up have 6-bypasses. She's also a type-1 diabetic. Well, a couple nights after we had our Precious put down, I was having a bad time of it (wasn't eating, like you) and my wife's sugar plummeted and she had to be admitted to the ER. She was crying over me along with grieving for our baby girl; it was too much for her. That was a real wake-up call for me, too. I determined that I wasn't going to lose both my baby and my darling wife! To think that I was even considering leaving my wife Yvonne in this world with not only the loss of our Precious but also the loss of her husband I now know is unthinkable. I was not in my right mind, and there's no way I'd do that to her. Especially after all she's been through. I loved my little Precious, God yes I did (and still do), but my Yvonne means everything to me. 

Please know that eventually the pain really does subside enough for you to keep going. You'll always feel an awful pit in your belly over your loss, you will, but it won't be more than you can bear. And if you allow yourself to, you will be able to show another special little one love. 

Some people wait and grieve for months and even years before going out and adopting or otherwise, and I certainly understand that, but for my wife and I, we couldn't bear such an empty and quiet house. We adopted a little female Beagle-mix three days after our terrible day. It wasn't easy bringing Juno (the new baby) home so soon after losing my soul-mate. And I still am reeling from missing her. But Juno occupies our time and our minds... and she's very, very loving... and that really does help us. Not to mention the fact that Juno needed a home and family. Now she has one. And we dote on her so! 

Please believe that you can (and will) go on. Your baby would definitely want that for you (and your poor husband). Make sure that you let him, your husband, know each day that you don't blame him and that he has no reason to feel guilty. He couldn't have known that the little fella was going to bolt out under the car right then. I know that you both know this, but it's still worth the effort to acknowledge it and say it to him. Your little boy loved you and I'm sure he loved your husband, too. It was a tragic accident. 

If there's a Heaven (and I believe there is), your little one is there. And you'll be reunited with him some day. Until then, keep trying to eat and live your life. Think about getting another sweet little one, too. There's one out there who needs a home and someone to love him/her. He (or she) can never "replace" your beautiful little fella, but you both may need (like my wife and I did) the silence in that house to be filled with something else. I couldn't handle grieving for long. It was getting seriously dangerous for us. Juno was an answer to a prayer. There's one out there for you, too. Please hear me. 

Love and blessings,
jimmy

Jim, thank you so much for your kind words. I’m so sorry for your loss as well. You can tell how much you loved your Precious. If I didn’t have people like you on here who can truly relate to what I’m going through and know how much love we feel for our animals, I honestly don’t know what I’d do. It’s been the only thing that helps me keep going. I’m just going with the motions of life, finally realizing and somewhat accepting that my Rubble is gone forever. I’ve been trying to be strong and then I have my days where I break down crying just thinking about him and how much I miss him. On bad days missing him seems to be even worse. I miss him so much I can’t stand it. I feel like I haven’t seen him in forever. I miss his funny quirky self. I’m so glad you are ok and got through the initial devastation of losing your baby. I know how hard it was. :(. I know your Precious wouldn’t have wanted you to stay sick and sad, and your wife definitely needs you. Losing them can take such a huge toll on our health and well-being. I had never experienced such grief & trauma until the day I lost Rubble. I’m finally eating and sleeping normally, it’s been a slow process though. I, like you, really contemplated on just ending it so I could be with my Rubble. I have 3 little boys though and they keep me going. I’ve forced myself to be strong for them. They know how close Rubble & I were and they’ve really helped me through this whole situation. I’ve had to slowly adjust to not having him right by my side 24/7 making me laugh. I may get another dog in the future, right now I’m still not ready as my heart is still hurting. Rubble was my world. I’m sure I will one day, some years from now. I hate not having a dog, I’ve always had one so eventually I will once I feel ready. I’m so glad you found another dog to bring you joy, that is wonderful! I do believe there is a heaven and I pray our babies are there waiting for us. I know dogs have to have souls, they are such wonderful sweet creatures.
Quote 1 0
JimB
Hey Casey, 

I'm glad to hear that you're coping. It's all we can do. Yes, your little boys need you. Rubble will always be a sore spot in your heart, but just try to remember the happy times you had with him... and, definitely, go out (when you're ready) and find another furry sweetie to bring home. 

Much love,
jimmy
“Beautiful memories treasured forever of the special times we shared together, faithful companion until the end, rest in peace - farewell my friend”.
Quote 0 0