Sal Show full post »
latigresse

Thank you, Sal! My deepest condolences to you on your loss. I understand how you feel.  God give you strength.

I have started to feel a bit numb, everything has a surreal quality to it

But, yes, the reality is things feel very empty. UGH!!!

Love is Forever
Quote 0 0
ForMitookie_03
Latigresse,  I know exactly how you feel.  I'm so sorry for the pain you are feeling right now.  We are all here to support you.  I am feeling everything you describe so I'm praying that your heart finds some peace in all of the pain. 

Marina
Marina ~ Mitookie's Mom
Quote 1 0
latigresse
Thank you, Mitookie. I'm just taking it day by day right now. Sometimes I'm okay and other times, I just can't stop the tears :( I pray that your pain and grief are mitigated, too. Sending hugs to you.
Love is Forever
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Hi Sal.  Wanted to check and see how you are doing. I think I know already. This journey is just so hard, so painful. And it takes so much time for the hurt to finally ease.  You are in my thoughts and I hate that you're suffering a broken heart and the feelings of emptiness. It is true suffering, this grief.  I hope you'll give us an update. 

Take care of you, especially while your heart is so raw. Hugs!
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 1 0
latigresse
Hi Catiebee, yes, the grief does come in waves, and I have cried and cried. Interestingly, today I cried a little bit less. I received my girl's ashes today,and I felt a kind of sense of relief that she is home with us where she belongs. Still, the emptiness and loneliness are there. I find myself talking to her. I also wish it wasn't SO painful :(
Love is Forever
Quote 0 0
COOKIES4
Sal wrote:
Latigreese

I am very, very sorry for your loss. I feel every bit of pain that you do. We just brought our cat's ashes home yesterday.

The house is so empty without her .((( 
Quote 0 0
COOKIES4
READING THESE IS HEARTBREAKING . I KNOW,EXACTLY HOW MUCH EVERYONE HURTS OUR SWEET PRECIOUS COCKATIEL FEATHER BIRDIE PASSED 12/28/2017. HE,WAS,29 AND YESTERDAY WAS HIS 30TH BIRTHDAY. I HAVE,SO MANY REMINDERS FEATHERS COLLECTED FROM ALMOST EVERY MOLT HE HAD EACH SPRING. HIS STUFFED BABY ANIMALS ARE HER3. SANTA POKEY BEAR MR CARROT AND ALL HIS FAVORITE "RAGS" AS,WE CALLED THEM ORANGE WAS HIS FAVORITE COLOR. HE LOVED CRACKERS, WATER CRACJERS, WHEAT AND BUTTERFKY. LOW SALT. I CANNOT BEAR TO EVER SEE PEPPRIDGE FARM RAND IN ANYTHING ANYMORE. SPARKY PASSED IN MY HANDS UNEXPECTED AND I GRIEVE AND,SOB EVERYDAY.THE CREMATORY WERE ERY UNPROFESSIONAL ABD DESPITE OUR IN WRITING G REQUESTS AND VERBAL THEIR "PROMISE" TO PRIVATELY CREMATE HIM IN HUS,SPECIAL LITTLE BOX WE PLATED ED HIM IN, FIRST WRAPPED IN A SOFT CARS DESIGN PAPER TOWEL HE WAS FAMILIAR WITH AND A FAVORITE WHITE SOFT RECEIVING BLANKET, THEY LIED AND UNCARING REMOVED HIM FROM HIS COMFORT BOX AND TGREW,HIS THINGS IN THE GARBAGE CREMATING HIM ON A CUL. WE ARE BESIDES OURSELF WITH ANGER AND GRIEF. WE WILL SEE THEM TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. AND NOT DO THIS AGAIN. AS THEY ALREADY HAVE DONE. METRO ANIMAL SERVICES AND CREMATORY IN PLAINFIELD ILLINOIS. DO NOT GO THERE.
JOAN AND JIM
SPARKY'S MOMMY AND DADDY
Quote 0 0
COOKIES4
READING THESE IS HEARTBREAKING . I KNOW,EXACTLY HOW MUCH EVERYONE HURTS OUR SWEET PRECIOUS COCKATIEL FEATHER BIRDIE PASSED 12/28/2017. HE,WAS,29 AND YESTERDAY WAS HIS 30TH BIRTHDAY. I HAVE,SO MANY REMINDERS FEATHERS COLLECTED FROM ALMOST EVERY MOLT HE HAD EACH SPRING. HIS STUFFED BABY ANIMALS ARE HER3. SANTA POKEY BEAR MR CARROT AND ALL HIS FAVORITE "RAGS" AS,WE CALLED THEM ORANGE WAS HIS FAVORITE COLOR. HE LOVED CRACKERS, WATER CRACJERS, WHEAT AND BUTTERFKY. LOW SALT. I CANNOT BEAR TO EVER SEE PEPPRIDGE FARM RAND IN ANYTHING ANYMORE. SPARKY PASSED IN MY HANDS UNEXPECTED AND I GRIEVE AND,SOB EVERYDAY.THE CREMATORY WERE ERY UNPROFESSIONAL ABD DESPITE OUR IN WRITING G REQUESTS AND VERBAL THEIR "PROMISE" TO PRIVATELY CREMATE HIM IN HUS,SPECIAL LITTLE BOX WE PLATED ED HIM IN, FIRST WRAPPED IN A SOFT CARS DESIGN PAPER TOWEL HE WAS FAMILIAR WITH AND A FAVORITE WHITE SOFT RECEIVING BLANKET, THEY LIED AND UNCARING REMOVED HIM FROM HIS COMFORT BOX AND TGREW,HIS THINGS IN THE GARBAGE CREMATING HIM ON A CUL. WE ARE BESIDES OURSELF WITH ANGER AND GRIEF. WE WILL SEE THEM TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. AND NOT DO THIS AGAIN. AS THEY ALREADY HAVE DONE. METRO ANIMAL SERVICES AND CREMATORY IN PLAINFIELD ILLINOIS. DO NOT GO THERE.
JOAN AND JIM
SPARKY'S MOMMY AND DADDY
Quote 0 0
COOKIES4
I HAVE SPARKY'S ASHES THANKFULLY I EVEN QUESTIONED IF THEY WERE REALLY HIS THAT IS HOW I QUESTIONED THAT AS HE IS A LITTLE BIRD. THER3 IS A SMALL WHITEISH,SKELTON WITH A FEW,HARD BONES. BUT....TGE,SMALL AMT OF SAW DUST PRODUCT IS,WHAT MADE US,QUESTION IF THAT WAS FROM THE BOX. THEY,SAID THE,BOX AND BLANKET AND PAPER TOWEL WERE EPA APPROVED AND,WOULD BURN OFF. I HAVE HIS ASHES IN THE CHEAP DOLLAR STORE,TIN THAT BARELY OPENS. I ASKED FOR A DISCOUNT ON A NICER WOOD URN WHICH WOULD HOLD SOARKYS PICTURE ON THE,FRONT AND HIS MINI MR. CARROT" COULD,FIT INSIDE AND SHE,SAID NO. THE,24 HR VETERINARY CLINIC THAT HELD MY PRECIOUS BABY O ER THE HOLIDAY,CARD FOR HIS LITTLE ANGEL BODY VERY WELL AND INSISTED ON REFUNNG OUR $180.00 COSY FOR THE PRIVATE CREMATION. I NEVER ASKED, THEY INSISTED
SPARKY HAS A HOME ON RAINBOWSBRIDGE.. PLEASE VISIT . DOES YOUR KITTY HAVE ONE?
JOAN AND JIM
SPARKY'S MOMMY AND DADDY
Quote 0 0
latigresse
Hi Cookies4, I am so sorry to read about how your precious Sparky was handled. You should definitely do some negative online reviews for that crematory (do they have a Facebook page??) and maybe even see what your options are for small claims action against them. They could have been more forthright with you if they couldn't cremate him in the box. They know people are distraught and grieving over their lost pets and should be a bit more sensitive to that and accommodating. At least the Vet sounds compassionate.

I am grateful the crematory where we took our girl was very nice and treats the animals respectfully. They came recommended to me by a couple of people who had their pets cremated there, and seem to have a good reputation and the photos on their FB page and website show that they really care.

At least you have his ashes, thankfully. You can always look around for something nicer to put him in. I am so sorry for you. It's painful enough to lose a beloved pet, but even worse when their remains are mishandled. ((((Hugs))))

PS - one other thing: could you please not type in all caps. It's the equivalent of shouting and it's also hard to read. Thanks.
Love is Forever
Quote 0 0