Forum

Author   Comment  
Mia870

Reply with quote  #1 

Our beautiful girl "Mia" died in her sleep unexpectedly on the 2nd of May 2010. She was 11 years old and in great health so it was a terrible shock for us to lose her.
She joined our family in 1999 when she was only 7 weeks old. We were smitten with her then and remained so until the day she died. Every morning I would wake up and she would be there waiting for me with a cheeky bark, looking for breakfast. She was such a loyal dog with a gorgeous nature. I am so overcome with grief I can barely breathe. Each day has been a tortureous hell without my best friend. I always knew I would be sad when she died but I am devastated and I miss her so much it hurts. As I type this I am looking at a picture of her and the words are a blur as I cry. Will this ever get any better ?       

Attached Images
jpeg miaxmas06.jpg (191.59 KB, 12 views)

jasminesmom

Reply with quote  #2 
Mia870

I am so sorry for your sudden loss. And does it get any better? I can't say. How long will it take to get better?  My beloved Jasmine has been gone 8 months and the emptiness is still there-she is still on my mind-I am still crying about losing her to a prescribed drug ProIn.

Jasmine was with us 13 years and will always be in my heart.

My thoughts are of you today as you continue to mourn the loss of your beloved Mia.

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Jasmine was loved
Jasmine took ProIn
Jasmine is gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm

Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm
gscakes

Reply with quote  #3 
Mia870,

I am soo sorry for your loss, and does it get better, for some of us it hasn't happeded yet.  I lost my precious girl on Apr. 30 and she was in perfect health at 10 years old.  She had bloat and there wasn't anything we could do.  I just got her ashes last night and it actually was a comfort to me.  I held them for hours and some how felt her with me.  The pain is horrible and the tears are still flowing all the time.  I know in my heart she is in a better place, but it doesn't make it any easier.  I will keep you and your precious baby in my prayers.  Keep posting it really helps.
josie

Reply with quote  #4 
mia
My shorty was only 10 yrs old, I wish he was still,too. I feel for your loss and Pray that your heart will be healed.
josie
Mia870

Reply with quote  #5 

thank you for your kind words. The vet has rung and said I can get her ashes on Monday. I broke down again realising I will have to pick her up in a wooden box :(

Reply with quote  #6 
I am truly sorry for your loss.  They are a part of us ... they are family, not "property" ........ they put a pawprint on our hearts that remains FOREVER.
Everyone has their own way ... their own time frame.  Lots of ups and downs ...
My Rebel was killed 4 yrs. ago and I still grieve each day ....... the pain does get better ...  the rawness goes away .... sometimes it takes years.  I'm not trying to hurt you, just stating facts.  but you will reach the point where the tears are happy tears, remembering brings smiles instead of anguish.  Rebel is buried outside my bedroom window ... it's surrounded by ground cover and a couple flowering shrubs .... I often find his parents, Baron and Tala, and his brother Rex laying around his grave.  We have 4.5 acres, so it is not a coincidence or by convenience ... I know they are visiting ;)     Even the new guy Bruno hangs out there .... we got Bru 4 mos. after Rebel was killed.  He brought Rex and myself out of our depression.  NEVER will he replace Rebel ... but sometimes, I do believe Rebel whispers things in Bruno's ear because Bru will do something only Rebel used to do ....... they are always with us ... don't ever forget that
you can read Rebels story below ........ he was shot and killed in front of me

Remembering Tala ... 9/17/2000 ~~ 8/30/11
Remembering Baron ... 3/12/98 ~~ 11/23/11
http://www.premiereshepherds.org/blog ... for Rebels memorial blog and soon to be Rex's as well

http://www.premiereshepherds.org
jenluvslady

Reply with quote  #7 
Mia,

I am so sorry for your loss.  I just recently lost my angel on April 22 suddenly and no one really knows why.  She was only 8 and in perfect health and had surgery 4 days prior and just dropped and died in the backyard.  You will always feel it was too quick, why now, they had so much more time left.  But i had to just accept that god said it was her time and he just knew how great she was and wanted her at his side :)  It will get better with time but your heart will always have a huge piece missing.  I felt comfort when i got her ashes back and she sits on the mantle and watches over all of us everyday.  When i rescued her I was her angel and now she is mine. 
Take care and god bless,
Jen

MagzMom

Reply with quote  #8 
I am sorry about your loss Mia.  I cry with you. I have moments when things are ok, and then I fall apart the next.  I think that will always happen, I don't think there is a set time frame for things to "get better".  hang in there you are not alone.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.