Forum

Author   Comment  
Minis_mom

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello,

I have a 13 year old toy fox terrier, Mini, who I have raised since she was 4 days old (long story). In October 2014 I took her to the vet because she had a large mass in her mouth. The vet was able to remove it, but told me that it was serious and Mini probably wouldn't live a year. The mass came back, bigger this time, and when I took her to the vet to have it removed again the vet said she would have to be put under anesthesia and that she didn't know if she could even get it all. I can't put Mini under anesthesia because she has IBD with a severe grain intolerance and she has had both of her eyes removed because of lens luxation. Mini doesn't tolerate stress right now, and the stress of surgery could make things worse.

I have a nagging feeling that her time is coming to an end. She is my first dog, and the idea of losing her devastates me. My mom has always told me that God only gives us as much as we can handle. Well I can't handle this! I have been fighting to keep her healthy with her diet because she can only eat venison and carrots. The last 7 years I have watched her like a hawk to keep her safe after her eyes were removed. What do I do now? I can't fix this. I'm her mom, I'm supposed to be able to fix this and make her better!

Attached Images
jpeg image.jpg (141.87 KB, 6 views)

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.