Forum

Author   Comment  
lovemypets

Reply with quote  #1 

My furbaby Brandi passed away on Thursday morning February 18, 2010 in her sleep. She was 16 years old this past November.  To my family she was more human then she was a dog.  She was the best dog we ever had.  I/We miss her so much. I walk in the door from work and wait for her to come to the door to greet me. Her last few week  she only wanted me her mommy.  I know she is at peace  now. 

txgal

Reply with quote  #2 
I am so sorry about your Brandi......I lost my 17 yr old miniature scnauzer Jake two weeks ago.  Coming home to an empty house is the worst.  Jake had been completely deaf for the last couple of years so he  wouldn't know I was home right away but we had a little game...I would flick the light off/on at the top of the stairs and in a minute his little gray face would appear.  Of course the very first thing to be done was FEED THE SCHNAUZER.  He would not let me do otherwise.  Now of course you just come home......

Mostly I just feel lost.  All Jake ever wanted to do was to be where I was; it didn't matter what I was doing.  I had him cremated but I look at the box and all I can think is where is he? He's not here but where?  I believe in heaven and desperately want to believe that I will see him again someday. I never did like to be away from him for long and this is just so painful.

I hope you will include your Brandi in this Monday's Candlelighting ceremony.  May God grant you peace.....
lisaray30043

Reply with quote  #3 
I am so sorry for all of us.  I know just what you are feeling.  It was two weeks ago tonight that we lost our little Andre' and I pull up around this hour looking for his little face at the window to go for our walk.  I have been in so much pain missing him, but each day I accept it a little more.  I am thinking about rescuing another dog, never to replace my precious boy, but to give another one a chance at life and to share my love.  Sometimes I feel guilty, but people have told me to do so I have been looking.  I haven't found that connection though.
txgal

Reply with quote  #4 
I am sorry for your loss of Andre'....how long did you have him?

I would leave the blinds in my upstairs bedroom window pulled up a few inches so Jake could look out at what was going on. I too look for his little face in the window when I pull up. It's just the start of the sadness when I get home. Even last week we had a very beautiful sunny spring-like day and I started crying thinking of how Jake liked to stand outside and let the wind blow on his face.

I did not even like Jake when I first brought him home as a rescue. My other schnauzer had to be put down and Jake's personality was not like Bart's. Of course I simply needed to give it time.

I have met the rescue I am trying to adopt now; his name is Mitch. He is another miniature schnauzer but a different color. I think that will help lessen the tendency, even subconscious, to expect him to be like Jake. Unfortunately I am having to wait an additional week to adopt him. I was devastated on Friday to find that out after looking forward to it all week.

Each person must decide for themselves....don't let others rush you
lisaray30043

Reply with quote  #5 
My little baby was 14 and a half.  I had in my mind that he would live at least to 16, but maybe that's because my other dog did.  I think I am ready to get another and I think a different breed or color might help.  I love Bichons though!  I am sorry you have to wait for your foster, but you have something to look forward to.  As I search the fosters, I wonder how you do it.....but one foster said it like this, "I cry when I leave them, but I know they are in a loving, forever home.  Then I have room to save another."  Isn't that great?
txgal

Reply with quote  #6 
I may have confused you...I looked for a dog to adopt that was currently being fostered. I agree, it would be hard to give up a foster..I don't think I could do it.

I would stay with the same breed if that is what you love or something similar. Aren't they terrier's? I love miniature schnauzers but would consider a Scottie or an Airedale. Terrier personalities are something special.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.