Millie
I lost my Millie on Tuesday...it was sudden .. and the pain is horrible how do I even try ...I found this page to find others that share my feelings of quilt, and broken hearted
Shari Ostrowski
Quote 0 0
tuxtails
I am so sorry that you are going through this....you are not alone. This forum has many caring people that understand how you feel and will comfort you. We have all felt that terrible gut wrenching guilt, I read a article that said if we weren't caring loving pet parents, we wouldn't feel the guilt. The empty feelings, the quiet house, the tears are part of the process. When you feel comfortable tell us about Millie, I know you love her very much. My Tux has been gone for a month now, today and it doesn't seem possible. First couple weeks I played over in my mind the last days with him and the tears flowed. Now I can look at his picture and be happy that he is not suffering. He declined really fast due to kidney failure. If it wasn't for this forum, I would probably be in a bad state. Hugs to you and I hope you can find some peace.
Toni 
(Tux's Mom)
Quote 0 0
Manjack
I second everything that Tuxtails said. I lost my beloved Toy Poodle Oreo 3 weeks ago tomorrow evening at 7:30pm. For the first couple of days I thought I was losing my mind. Then I found this forum where I could share my feelings without judgement ot inappropriate advice.
I have come to understand in the last 3 weeks that the depth of grief that we feel is due to the depth of love that we feel for our pets. The first week is horrible. I lost 15 pounds, could not sleep or concentrate on the simplest of activities. However I can tell you that week 3 was easier than week 1.
We are all grieving , we share your pain and we mourn alongside you.
I have said in previous posts that one day the memories that make us cry today will one day make us smile. Some of us have a longer road than others.
Not everybody feels the depth of love for their pets that we do. However I would not trade one day of life with Oreo. The pain I feel now is worth it. He gave us so many years of joy and happiness.
I hope that you will be able to share Millie's story with us in the upcoming days.
Quote 0 0
Cuddlescat
+1 to both tuxtails and manjack. As bad as it hurts right now, the pain of losing my cat Cuddles last month is so worth having had her in my life. I sm so sorry for your loss, but glad that Millie was a part of your life.
Quote 0 0
Millie
Thank you for so much insight ... your right with its is gut wrenching at first all the time... now it comes in waves.....I do have support at home with my husband and Mother in law but they to are grieving in there own way. I have 4 other Doxies that I love also and they bring me much comfort. I can tell the one is still looking for her since they became sisters.. Minnie is her name as the mommie dog (pack leader ) and Millie as first sisters but then the Grandma dog.. since she was a little older. I have been reading many other post and I does bring comfort to know that I am not alone in these at time overwhelming feelings of loss. I will be writing more as I can. and comment when able. Thank you for your support .
Shari Ostrowski
Quote 0 0
MyBella
I am so sorry for the loss of your Millie, as long as you come here you will never be alone, I hope the fond memories of your baby will ease the pain you are suffering.
You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Sincerely, Don & Vera
Quote 0 0
Millie
It does help to know that others have the same feelings.. I am sorry for your loss as well.

Shari Ostrowski
Quote 0 0
mybaby1robert
This is the best place to connect with others who are some of the best of people.  I have gained so much comfort here.  These people are sincere and understand all that you go through.  These blessed creatures are so much a part of us....losing them changes us forever.

Roberts Mom
Quote 0 0