Forum

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4   Next
FClaire

Reply with quote  #31 
O God no, I don't want to forget him i know deep down that's never going to happen. For some reason part of grieving I suppose but that was one of the fears going round in my head. He sure drove me crazy at times! I'm smiling about that! Little bugger I called him! He knew though how to get round me every time. I'm going to cling onto the hope that we do see our babies again. We got his paw print done just after we lost him,the vet did it for us. So my daughter is going to also get it tattooed on her. I'm not that brave! But we'll see. I live in Merseyside England xxx
margej

Reply with quote  #32 
Good morning Claire

It was very good to hear from you. Hope your doing well today. Listen, I'm definitely going to get a tattoo of. Moochie's print on my arm, so is my husband. I have 2 other ones. A peacock and butterfly xx , it doesn't really hurt either. At72 I can handle anything I think. We own 8 birds and that's allot of work. too.
. Hopefully you have a blessed day today and stay calm. Very hot here in Florida
so living indoors.

Reply with quote  #33 
I dreamt about my cat today. It's my third dream about him ever since he was gone. My first dream was I am feeding him with cheese and he was very excited to eat it. My second dream I broke down and cried after I woke up because that dream was just seconds long it was focused only on his face he was looking at me and gave me a one long blinked in his eyes. That is our way of communication before. Every time I talk to him like asking if he's hungry I will blink my eyes and he'd blinked back to me. As if he was saying something to me in my dream. And today I dreamt about him again in my dream I saw him under the bed I said to him in my dream Why are you there I thought you were outside then I carried him and put him in the bed and I touched him looking for signs if he is still ill. He looked normal and no signs of illness and enlargement in my dream and then I woke up and the wounds in my heart open up again and I cried again today. Asking myself why did this happened to my cat. I always changed his water giving him clean water multiple times a days. I always cleaned his litterbox and provided him lots of wet food everyday. When he's asking for food I will stop anything I do and fed him right away even if I am busy. I always gave him attention even if I am busy. He was very spoiled to me and me and my family gave him all the attention. I feel so sad again today. Hoping the pain will lessen in time
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #34 

Those are called Dream Signs. Your cat visited you in your sleep. He was trying to let you know that he is okay. Buddhists believe that this only occurs for a short window of time after a pet passes. Less than a couple of months. So be grateful and feel blessed that you were visited. : )

All best,
James
clowdy

Reply with quote  #35 
Thank you James for your kind words. I hope my cat Magic is doing okay now in Rainbow bridge. I write him a letter everyday to help with my coping and I go outside and burn it while holding the piece of paper in my hands hoping as the winds blows it will deliver my message towards him.
FClaire

Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by clowdy
I dreamt about my cat today. It's my third dream about him ever since he was gone. My first dream was I am feeding him with cheese and he was very excited to eat it. My second dream I broke down and cried after I woke up because that dream was just seconds long it was focused only on his face he was looking at me and gave me a one long blinked in his eyes. That is our way of communication before. Every time I talk to him like asking if he's hungry I will blink my eyes and he'd blinked back to me. As if he was saying something to me in my dream. And today I dreamt about him again in my dream I saw him under the bed I said to him in my dream Why are you there I thought you were outside then I carried him and put him in the bed and I touched him looking for signs if he is still ill. He looked normal and no signs of illness and enlargement in my dream and then I woke up and the wounds in my heart open up again and I cried again today. Asking myself why did this happened to my cat. I always changed his water giving him clean water multiple times a days. I always cleaned his litterbox and provided him lots of wet food everyday. When he's asking for food I will stop anything I do and fed him right away even if I am busy. I always gave him attention even if I am busy. He was very spoiled to me and me and my family gave him all the attention. I feel so sad again today. Hoping the pain will lessen in time
FClaire

Reply with quote  #37 
I desperately want to see Ollie in my dreams but nothing as yet😢 just to know hes happy and not stressed because he isn't with me. We where always together. My husband says he can feel him around, but I feel nothing, which makes me terribly sad.
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #38 

Dear FClaire,

I've been researching and reading hundreds & hundreds of comments and posts here on the Rainbow Bridge Grief Forum and over on the Reddit Grief Forum and on various websites, blogs and under University studies etc. over the past several months, and what I have learned is afterlife "signs" from our pets come differently, at different times and appear to be based in unique circumstances.

At times signs evidently come in dreams, at times through wildlife signs (such Deers like Jackie sees or via butterflies), at times it is a feather or a coin, at times the sound of a "bark" or a "meow" in the middle of the night, at times a feeling of a pet walking across a bed, or touching their nose to someone when they are sleeping, at times it is in a breeze or a "sighting" such as when a pet feels present, but is not physically present. As if you think you catch a glimpse of them, or expect to see them at times where they used to sit or walk or lay, it can be very, very, very subtle. 

One thing I noticed during an experience with my Marmalade is extreme grief appears to prevent or dissipate our pet reaching out to us. I had an overwhelming experience that I posted here that border lined on the supernatural / paranormal with my Marmalade when I picked-up his ashes, it got stronger and stronger and yet when I broke down crying it slowly ceased. Why? Because I believe our pets are concerned that they are making us sad. That by reaching out to us, they are somehow increasing our grief, so they pull away. The times where I have had the strongest encounters are when I am calm, grateful, at peace and humbled by my loss. And open to signs. Then they seem to appear. Obviously there are no guarantees, but I wanted to share with you my observations.

Kind regards,
James
FClaire

Reply with quote  #39 
Oh James thankyou so much for taking the time to share that with me. I think I need to just take that extra pressure off myself and wait. I have no doubt ollie will hopefully in time come through to me🙏 I love and miss him so much😢😢 xxx
clowdy

Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FClaire
I desperately want to see Ollie in my dreams but nothing as yet😢 just to know hes happy and not stressed because he isn't with me. We where always together. My husband says he can feel him around, but I feel nothing, which makes me terribly sad.

Hi what matters is the love you've shared you will forever be in his heart because you were a good parent to him
FClaire

Reply with quote  #41 
Thankyou Clowdy. I know you are right, I think that's what matters the most.
Another tough morning, two weeks ago today he suddenly became poorly. I think I'm doing fine then suddenly it hits you again. I'm still finding it hard to believe he is not here😢 missing him more and more each day xxx
Pain

Reply with quote  #42 
Quote:
Originally Posted by clowdy

Reply with quote  #43 
I know how you feel. I dream about my Bailey quite often, and mostly I am trying to find him in my dream...he has been stolen or attacked, and I have restless dreams as I am trying to save him. I don't even know if this is the group I should be in, because I don't even know if my baby boy is dead or not. I have lost furbabies before, as in they passed, but not knowing if he is alive, or if he died, how he died, and the thought of him in pain destroys me. It has been eight months since he darted out the back door and disappeared. The pain has not lessened, sorry to say.

Reply with quote  #44 

Dear Pain (An appropriate name for all of us here),

You wrote: 

"I don't even know if this is the group I should be in."

Yes, you belong here and are welcome here. There are numerous members here on the Rainbow Bridge forum who have lost their beloved's due to them running away and/or disappearing. There are many stories related to that experience here. I hope your Bailey returns, or is safe and was adopted by another family, which I have personally encountered many times over the decades, as I have helped feral and stray animals over the past several years.

I am sorry for what you have had to cope with these past 8 months.

Kind regards,
James
clowdy

Reply with quote  #45 
I am trying my best to occupy my mind with something else. I tried watching funny youtube videos but as soon as I stop and be alone again am I starting to miss my cat again. I broke down again today. I cried and I cried until my head started ti hurt. I am also having hypertension and my family is starting to worry about me but I can't help myself if only I can numb the pain. It's still too hard for me I am in nowhere near the acceptance stage
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.