Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4   Next
margej

Reply with quote  #16 
U are a very special person to relate to others deeply sad feelings of loss and in my case guilt in this loss of Moochie, the love of my life He meant more than all the other pets put together in my life. We connected as one and understood each other. This bed is so empty without his furry purring body beside me at night. I hope he is waiting for me to be his mom again.πŸˆπŸ˜ΏπŸ’žπŸ’ž

Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by clowdy
I lost my cat 10 years old 2 weeks ago. He had enlarged kidneys and infection. I feel like the vet worsen his condition because they didn't gave the right medication for his infection at first. I asked them to changed the medication then 1 week after taking his new antibiotic he started eating again for the first time again but it's too late since his body was too week. he was in the vet clinic for 4 days but his condition gotten worse because his IV was not working properly there. I took him home. I started giving him subq on my own and giving him the right antibiotic. He started eating but his too weak to jump because of his anemia. I made him comfortable at home giving him lots of bedding to knead and he was purring. It made me so happy that he started kneading, purring and eating again. 4 days after. I felt asleep at 9 pm then I woke up at about 2:30 am and I saw him inside my cabinet I carried him and hugged him and fed him and syringe feed him with water.He ate it then as soon as carried him to his bed I saw him started to be very weak.I hugged him calling his name multiple times. I called my mother and he hugged him also but he was not responding anymore. He died in our arms. I was so devastated because he was my favorite and he was one of a kind doing things to get my attention. He always touched my face, or shoulders with his paws to wake me up. He always talked to me through his eyes when I blink while saying something to me he's blinked back to me. When I am giving him his favorite treats he'd put his half body on my lap then on my chest. I feel so devastated that he was gone. I am living in what ifs and if only right now. It's still very painful for me. Because I had him ever since he was a kitten together with his companion. I am taking care of my other cat now but I am missing him everyday and I am crying everyday. I hope I can get through this but right now I am in so much pain because I loved him so much

Reply with quote  #18 
Hi how are you doing,? I'm having a hard time tonight with memories of my baby creeping through my heart. Crying doesn't help. Hopefully your doing better. Marge

Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by margej
Hi how are you doing,? I'm having a hard time tonight with memories of my baby creeping through my heart. Crying doesn't help. Hopefully your doing better. Marge
FClaire

Reply with quote  #20 
Hi Margej, hope you are baring up as best you can. I'm finding the tears aren't as much as a week ago, still cry through the day. But this is now frightening me because I feel like I'm going to forget Ollie, and I dont want that to happen. I know in my heart it wont but its scary. Am I being disloyal for not now crying buckets. I just dont know what I'm feeling at this moment now. I know I'm still missing him dreadfully and want him back. It seems such a long time ago he was here😒 only 2 weeks ago he was here doing the things he loved. Xxx
margej

Reply with quote  #21 
Thanks so much for your touching response about little Ollie. I am also on ,2 weeks tonight losing my Moochie. Feels like the ache won't leave you alone.
The only answer is time I guess. Yes I wake up crying sometimes but he's not beside me. I ordered several cat items to place around my house including cat that purrs and breathes. Also got an ashes necklace I put his fur into. Everywhere I go there is a huge memory of him. At least part of him goes with me every where. Try to get out and do something to help your head get away for a while. It helps. Will be thinking of you and wishing you peace.

Reply with quote  #22 
Clowdy,
The love for your baby is palpable! Please don't take this just as my opinion, but I think it's wonderful that he died in your arms. There was no need to subject baby to a scary and confusing car ride, being in a cage, being in a vet's office.
My Ana Ng died in my arms and, although it's only been two weeks, I am so grateful for that opportunity. 

Reply with quote  #23 

Dear Clowdy,

I am so sorry for what your cat and you had to endure. My cat Marmalade was failed by 5 Vet's, 2 of those being supposed Animal Hospitals. All failed to properly diagnose him or misdiagnosed him, which contributed in my opinion to his eminent decline. So please know that you are not alone.

Kind regards & my sincerest condolences,
James
margej

Reply with quote  #24 
James
My condolences on the loss of your fur baby Marmalade πŸ’” she was beautiful.
Seems many of us lost our babies 2 weeks ago, me included, mine passed on.
The days are still very hard but nights are worse . It's a long painful journey to readjust to life again. Wishing you peace and happiness.
Marge James

Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Thanks so much for your touching response about little Ollie. I am also on ,2 weeks tonight losing my Moochie. Feels like the ache won't leave you alone.
The only answer is time I guess. Yes I wake up crying sometimes but he's not beside me. I ordered several cat items to place around my house including cat that purrs and breathes. Also got an ashes necklace I put his fur into. Everywhere I go there is a huge memory of him. At least part of him goes with me every where. Try to get out and do something to help your head get away for a while. It helps. Will be thinking of you and wishing you peace.
FClaire

Reply with quote  #26 
Hi Margej, so lovely that you have done that. I shut everything away apart from a couple of pictures and his blanket I cuddle in the evenings. Think I am ready to start putting things around my house in memory of him. It may help these horrible feelings I have of forgetting him. Definitely going to get onto this tomorrow, something positive to do. And then he will be all around. Thankyou. I'm still crying but it doesn't seem as bad as last week. Still cry in a morning,just hate coming down stairs and hes not there waiting. If only we could have them back😒😒 xxx
margej

Reply with quote  #27 
Claire

I'm on your team with this challenge we are going through but remember something, we never want to completely forget the memories in the heart of the babies that left us behind.β™₯️😿 We will see them again and that's a small comfort really to accept.
I am going to get a tattoo on my arm of a paw print and his name under it.
I owe it to him, I loved him so passionately, and lost in a vacant space it's a way to peace of mind again. Hopefully you will be able to adjust more each day. Will pray for you. What state are you in?

Reply with quote  #28 
Hi thank you for the replies. My cat can still eat on his own when he started straining to pee and when I brought him to vet. Then they prescribed me 50 mg of doxycycline tablet but Ive read that my cat weight was for 25 mg dosage only as soon as I gave that to my cat he started having seizures 4 times that night then 1 day after he got short term memory loss for 4 days he didn't recognize me. But he got his memory back again. As soon as they lowered the dosage to 25 mg he never got seizures again. He never got any seizures ever since in his life. Then they only prescribed the antibiotics for 2 weeks only and gave me herbal medicine for kidneys instead. I stopped the antibiotic for 2 weeks like they instructed.He got worsen after that.  I brought my cat to the vet again to get IV and then I entered other support group for cats with kidney problem that the proper medication for that should be clavamox and doxycline is not the best medicine they explained to me the doxycline is a bacteriostatic which only stop the spreading of infection and clavamox should be given since it is a bactericidal which is the one that kills the infection. And it should be given 4-6 weeks in order to kill the bacteria. But the vet only prescribed me for 2 weeks and let me continued the herbal medicine instead. I told the vet right away to changed the medication while my cat was at the clinic. I visited him at the clinic he felt  better after his 2 days of IV there then I let him stay for 1 1/2 more days because I saw IV was good. Then when I visited him again I checked him I felt like something was wrong compared to last time I visited him. I saw his IV was not working. I pulled him out because his numbers worsen and the IV will make it worse even more.

I brought him to the house and just continue at home his medication and gave him subcutaneous fluid at home. I was planning to go to a different vet clinic but for the first time I saw him started to eat again. I felt like that's a huge improvement and just take care of him for now and gave medication at home since the second antibiotic started working and to avoid vet for now that time since I wanted him to eat  and to sleep comfortable at home first

He was at home for 4 days and he was eating good again he started purring and kneading again when his medication was changed to clavamox but I can see his body was still weak. I took care of him at home . I made him more comfortable  made him a good bedding lots of soft clothes to knead. Then 4 days after I fell asleep during at night and woke up again I saw him inside the cabinet instead of his bedding. I carried him fed him again put him on his bedding I saw that something was wrong I carried him and called my mother we both carried and the hardest part was he died in my arms. I felt asleep for 5 hours I am not sure if he waited for me before he passed. Because as soon as I woke up and fed him and carried him that's when I loss him. We buried him him in our family mausoleum and gave him his own space there.

Sorry for the wrong post. I still can't think of my cat without  crying. I still miss him and still full of regrets if I could just did a second opinion but that vet handled him ever since before and I trusted them.

I hope the pain goes away because I really love him he was the center of attention of my family We always spoiled him and gave him lots of attention. I am still having a hard time

I am taking care of my other cat she misses his brother too. My other cat is always sleeping beside me now but she doesn't like to see me cry she always walks out when I started crying. I am avoiding crying in front of her. I hope the pain goes away. I am writing him a letter and putting some of his bonito flakes then burning it in the air hoping the paper ashes and my message and his treats would fly towards him
clowdy

Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:

Hi, I am still having a hard time. I am avoiding eating his favorite food which is chicken. I still cry everyday hoping the pain would lessen in time. I am waking up at night and my chest feels heavy because of the pain. I am sending my prayers for you to get better
FClaire

Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Claire

I'm on your team with this challenge we are going through but remember something, we never want to completely forget the memories in the heart of the babies that left us behind.β™₯️😿 We will see them again and that's a small comfort really to accept.
I am going to get a tattoo on my arm of a paw print and his name under it.
I owe it to him, I loved him so passionately, and lost in a vacant space it's a way to peace of mind again. Hopefully you will be able to adjust more each day. Will pray for you. What state are you in?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.