Forum

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 4      1   2   3   4   Next
clowdy

Reply with quote  #1 
I lost my cat 10 years old 2 weeks ago. He had enlarged kidneys and infection. I feel like the vet worsen his condition because they didn't gave the right medication for his infection at first. I asked them to changed the medication then 1 week after taking his new antibiotic he started eating again for the first time again but it's too late since his body was too week. he was in the vet clinic for 4 days but his condition gotten worse because his IV was not working properly there. I took him home. I started giving him subq on my own and giving him the right antibiotic. He started eating but his too weak to jump because of his anemia. I made him comfortable at home giving him lots of bedding to knead and he was purring. It made me so happy that he started kneading, purring and eating again. 4 days after. I felt asleep at 9 pm then I woke up at about 2:30 am and I saw him inside my cabinet I carried him and hugged him and fed him and syringe feed him with water.He ate it then as soon as carried him to his bed I saw him started to be very weak.I hugged him calling his name multiple times. I called my mother and he hugged him also but he was not responding anymore. He died in our arms. I was so devastated because he was my favorite and he was one of a kind doing things to get my attention. He always touched my face, or shoulders with his paws to wake me up. He always talked to me through his eyes when I blink while saying something to me he's blinked back to me. When I am giving him his favorite treats he'd put his half body on my lap then on my chest. I feel so devastated that he was gone. I am living in what ifs and if only right now. It's still very painful for me. Because I had him ever since he was a kitten together with his companion. I am taking care of my other cat now but I am missing him everyday and I am crying everyday. I hope I can get through this but right now I am in so much pain because I loved him so much
FClaire

Reply with quote  #2 
So so sorry Clowdy, I feel your pain. Lost our beautiful Ollie a week ago. I feel suffocated cannot stop crying. Feeling guilty about things, missing him so much it hurts. My heart goes out to you
Freda xx
clowdy

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FClaire
So so sorry Clowdy, I feel your pain. Lost our beautiful Ollie a week ago. I feel suffocated cannot stop crying. Feeling guilty about things, missing him so much it hurts. My heart goes out to you
Freda xx

So sorry for you too. It's so hard for me right now. I am crying everyday
FClaire

Reply with quote  #4 
I am just the same. So sorry I cant be of much help, we just want them back dont we. I keep coming on here for support as feel no one around me understands. It feels a lonely place at the minute. I just pray we all can get through it, I keep getting told Ollie wouldn't want me to be sad, I know he wouldn't, but I am. Each day seems to be getting harder not easier. I feel for you so much, hugs to you xx
margej

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by clowdy
I lost my cat 10 years old 2 weeks ago. He had enlarged kidneys and infection. I feel like the vet worsen his condition because they didn't gave the right medication for his infection at first. I asked them to changed the medication then 1 week after taking his new antibiotic he started eating again for the first time again but it's too late since his body was too week. he was in the vet clinic for 4 days but his condition gotten worse because his IV was not working properly there. I took him home. I started giving him subq on my own and giving him the right antibiotic. He started eating but his too weak to jump because of his anemia. I made him comfortable at home giving him lots of bedding to knead and he was purring. It made me so happy that he started kneading, purring and eating again. 4 days after. I felt asleep at 9 pm then I woke up at about 2:30 am and I saw him inside my cabinet I carried him and hugged him and fed him and syringe feed him with water.He ate it then as soon as carried him to his bed I saw him started to be very weak.I hugged him calling his name multiple times. I called my mother and he hugged him also but he was not responding anymore. He died in our arms. I was so devastated because he was my favorite and he was one of a kind doing things to get my attention. He always touched my face, or shoulders with his paws to wake me up. He always talked to me through his eyes when I blink while saying something to me he's blinked back to me. When I am giving him his favorite treats he'd put his half body on my lap then on my chest. I feel so devastated that he was gone. I am living in what ifs and if only right now. It's still very painful for me. Because I had him ever since he was a kitten together with his companion. I am taking care of my other cat now but I am missing him everyday and I am crying everyday. I hope I can get through this but right now I am in so much pain because I loved him so much

Reply with quote  #6 
I'm terribly sorry about your loss, and my heart is also suffering after losing 💔 my baby Moochie 12 days ago from a seizure/heart attack. The agony he suffered will haunt me forever, and I prayed while it was going on he would quietly pass.

The vets didn't treat his condition to prevent further seizure until it was too late. At that point they told me he had a heart murmur and may not live very long. Very next night he died. I know it's their fault they did nothing to help him but there's nothing I can do about that. Don't know if I can even think about getting another cat because losing them is so so painful I don't even know if I can recover from this. Is ashes are on my mantle and I visit him everyday but it never gets easier.

I wish you the best and recovering as I know Time is a healer and we both have lots of that now. Bless you.

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:

So sorry for you too. It's so hard for me right now. I am crying everyday
FClaire

Reply with quote  #8 
Clowdy, All I can say is cry let it out. I'm the same seven days now and I cant see the tears stopping for a long time. Hugs xx
margej

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
I am just the same. So sorry I cant be of much help, we just want them back dont we. I keep coming on here for support as feel no one around me understands. It feels a lonely place at the minute. I just pray we all can get through it, I keep getting told Ollie wouldn't want me to be sad, I know he wouldn't, but I am. Each day seems to be getting harder not easier. I feel for you so much, hugs to you xx

Reply with quote  #10 
My cat Moochie was originally named Ollie too by the Humane Society but I changed it, had a bird named Ollie. He only had 5 short years here and was 7 years old.. Too young to part from this Earth. I cry every day and night for him 💔 and suffer in silence too. Sending you strength hugs and blessings for you and Ollie.💟

Reply with quote  #11 
Beautiful name but then I'm biased! Awww sorry so young. Ollie was 11 on the day he left us. It's such a horrible feeling when you feel you have to do it in silence I know. I'm so glad I found here. Hugs for you and Moochie xxx
margej

Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Beautiful name but then I'm biased! Awww sorry so young. Ollie was 11 on the day he left us. It's such a horrible feeling when you feel you have to do it in silence I know. I'm so glad I found here. Hugs for you and Moochie xxx

Reply with quote  #13 
Many heartfelt thanks to you. We are all feeling the loss of these beloved babies we cherished so deeply and miss just as much. Nights are so hard for me as he slept beside me always and sat on my sink when I got ready for bed, brushing, and doing my nightly things. Same in morning, he was right there with me, having some water and waiting for breakfast. That pain is still haunting me at this moment. Nothing will ever lesson this loss of the love we shared together until we see them again.
Bless you and your forever baby❤️💛💜

Reply with quote  #14 
@FC claiire I hope we can get through this. It's so nice to enter this forum because we can understand each other and I can also understand how you are feeling right now.

@margei I am sorry for your loss too. I have lots of what ifs and if onlys right now. If only I had done differently and did a second opinion if only the right medication was given for the first time maybe I could get a different outcome. But I know nothing can be done now and my heartaches because I loved him so much. I still cry everyday 
margej

Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
@FC claiire I hope we can get through this. It's so nice to enter this forum because we can understand each other and I can also understand how you are feeling right now.

@margei I am sorry for your loss too. I have lots of what ifs and if onlys right now. If only I had done differently and did a second opinion if only the right medication was given for the first time maybe I could get a different outcome. But I know nothing can be done now and my heartaches because I loved him so much. I still cry everyday 

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.