curcumas Show full post »
curcumas
Thanks Sil, you are so sweet. CK1991, I did transfer the records thanks. As for an update. She had a fever of 104.6 and has lost almost a pound which is harsh since she was only 3 pounds to start. My trip today was awful. The ride to the shelter was long and hard for her and she lost her bowels on the way. She could hardly hold her head up. They ran more tests and want to keep her for a few nights to put her on IV fluids and an antibiotic. They are not charging me. The vet said she would be honest and said if she doesn’t start to turn around in a day or so her little body isn’t going to last long. I felt so bad leaving her. I made this promise of a new home with love and again she is left alone. It kills me knowing she is there but I can’t maintain her. In my care she has gotten worse no matter what my current vet did. I know there is a very slim chance she will survive, but I’ll take slim. It was so hard to open my heart and it feels like I have been kick in it. I was crying when I left because I know she could pass and I might not be able to see her again. If she lives it will be a miracle. She and I bonded quickly. I didn’t think I could feel that little spark of love with another animal for a long time. They still don’t know what is wrong with her, but hopefully it’s fixable.
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
This is such a difficult time for you and I am so sorry this is happening. They say everything happens for a reason but sometimes those reasons are mysteries to us. Our hearts ache and all we want is for things to go back where they were when our babies were healthy and we were happy with them. I recently lost my two baby dog boys one month apart and yesterday my cat Luna ran from the house and we haven't been able to find her. I just don't know how much pain one person can take. The reason why this is happening is beyond my comprehension. I hope everything works out for you and for me. The pain is at times unbearable but we will see all our babies again one day. Take care of yourself.

Quote 0 0
CK1991
I'm so sorry! I was really hoping for you that things would go better today. I also feel so sorry for this poor baby. Would you consider asking the shelter to call you if things don't turn around and they have to let her go? That way you could be with her and have the comfort of knowing you gave her a loving presence before she went home. I wish there was more I could say. It's very, very sad. I will pray for you and this little kitten.
Hugs to you,
CK
Quote 0 0
curcumas
Thanks CK1991. I’ll take all the prayers I can get for this baby. I called today and they couldn’t tell me anything. It’s a nonprofit vet clinic that works with the shelter so they don’t have extra staff to do much but help the animals. All they could say was they were waiting on blood work results and the vet hadn’t made rounds so they had no info to tell me. It’s kind of stressful that they couldnt tell me how she was. They told me to call back tomorrow and they will have more info. I am beyond grateful they are treating her for free, but I’m worrying. They made it sound like she wouldn’t make it, but I keep holding onto that tiny chance. I don’t like the lack of contact, but they warned me that they don’t really have staff to deal with anything other then the animals care. Not knowing anything is making me feel so sick though. I don’t know how to feel. Do I think about the future with her in it or do I start to mourn her. Part of me want to know right now and part of me is terrified they will say she isn’t improving and needs to be put down. Or worse, she passed away on her own alone. I’ll update tomorrow. Thanks again for the support.
Quote 0 0
curcumas
MAIcindar, I’m so sorry to hear about your dogs. I also hope you found Luna. Agree, things happen for a reason, but sometimes that reason is so unclear or doesn’t seem to make any sense. How can losing our babies early ever be a reason. I am so sorry for the loss of your two pups. I really hope you find your kitty. Do you have Nextdoor app? In my neighborhood people post about their lost pets and many times a neighbor will find it. Or if someone finds a pet, they will take it and post looking for the owner. Someone said if you put out their litter box it helps them find their way home. Please keep me updated. I’ll be thinking of you.
Quote 0 0
Sil
curcumas,

Have been praying and hoping that you have good news re: your kitten.  I am sorry, that you are going through this....and your are right, "things happen for a reason, but sometimes that reason is so unclear...…"  - and many times, "these reasons" are loaded with uncertainty and pain.  Sending prayers and hugs.
Quote 0 0
KookieAnimalFriend
She has been de-wormed recently and tested for parasites, right? That was my first thought, because worms can make them very sick.

Also the shelter should have tested her for diseases before adopting her out, though I guess sometimes the tests aren't 100%.

Whatever happens, you are doing your best by this baby, and that's all you can give her. Thank you for caring for her so much.
The meaning of life, for all animals, is freedom.
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Hi again,
I just read your posts about Mango and I tried posting on that thread but there seemed to be no place to reply. I feel terrible for everything you went through, coming home and seeing that she had used her litter box. With grief comes guilt and it's easy to think about the what ifs... what if you had brought Mango home? She was 18 and had kidney disease. She hadn't eaten in a long time and at that age we don't know if something else could have been at play. I read something on this forum and I will share it with you, it said: "better a week early than a day too late". Absolutely you wanted to have every minute with Mango that you possibly could but from everything you described it sounds like your dear Mango was not doing well, not eating and falling.. When I read your story the first thing that came to my mind was that this all may have happened to save her from suffering. I've also heard that kidney disease is not painful but at 18 she could have had something else wrong that you didn't know about. I'm such a believer in things happening for a reason.
With this new little kitten, did you give her a name? I prayed for you both and I really hope they can help her at the shelter. If you feel strong enough, you may want to drop by and see her. Even if she is not well enough to come home, maybe they would let you cuddle her and that way give you both a lot of comfort. You've been so worried about her I thought maybe this would help but you have to do what you can manage and what you feel is right. It's just an idea as I am thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed! Hugs to you,
CK
Quote 0 0
curcumas
Thanks you again everyone for the support. CK1991, you are right, early is better then late. I realize over time that even with the best treatment she might have had another week maybe. It was such an awful time, I still miss my best friend every day. Sometimes wth all that’s going on I think if she were here, life would be more calm. If I felt overwhelmed she was like, let me just lay across you and things will be good. Sil, the loaded with uncertainty is a rough one. Sometimes no matter how hard I try to look for a reason, sometimes it just doesn’t come. This new kitty situation is just too tough. Emotionally it’s exhausting and sad. We did name her Suna. It means sand in Japanese. She has all the colors of dark sand.. KookieAnimalfriend, they are giving her meds for worms and parasites. She is also on an antibiotic and an appetite stimulant. They called this morning and I was waiting for bad news. Expected to be driving down to say goodbye. However to my surprise, they said she was doing a bit better. They told me getting her home in a less stressed environment would help. My son and I drove down and got her. I asked for a setative for the car ride because it’s long and very harsh on her but they didn’t give me one. It was a rough ride for her. We got her home and the stress from the trip gave her some adrenaline. She was walking around and even took a bite of food. However, I wish they took her off the IV and then kept her one more day. She isn’t eating or drinking. They gave me an appetite stimulated but I can’t give her more until morning. I am so grateful to have her back, I just don’t think she is much better. My husband saw her when he got home and agreed, she still looks pretty fragile. I don’t know what she has, but I hope it starts to get better. Clearing up the upper respiratory infection will hopefully make her want to eat. I will try to post a picture of her. I honestly haven’t seen a cat as sick as her. Still praying for a miracle! I cried a lot the last few day because I thought I lost her. I’m still very worried.
Quote 0 0
Sil
curcumas,

Animals can be vey resilient, hopefully, with all the meds, this kitten will get better.  Remember, touching, cuddling, talking to a sick baby can do wonders. 
A brief story:
Our first puppy, was a rescue from the City Animal Shelter. We took puppy to our vet, and she said "where did you get this puppy? you need to return it, this puppy has parvo (parvovirus), we would keep in the hospital, attached to an iv, but, his chances of survival are less than 30%".  I looked at this puppy, and said "he is mine now, and I would like to try and give him a chance.  Please, give all meds necessary".  The treatment was long but this puppy survived.

I know, not all sick animals survive, but bless you for giving Suna a "chance" and for being so invested in her.  In spite of everything, you are going through. 

Praying for strength for you, and for Suna to recover.  Hugs
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
I am praying for you and Suna. It would make me so happy and I know it would bring you joy you need in your life right now if this kitty pulls through. We are all praying for you and can't wait for the good news. Much love to you.
Quote 0 0