ZiggysDad Show full post »
Mistysmama
ZiggysDad, I feel your pain and grieving and it brought tears to my eyes. Ziggy is so beautiful, and his eyes are soulful.
I had that once-in-a-lifetime soul mate also with my girl Misty so I know exactly what this feels like.

You are crying out now with everything you have in you to know your dear Ziggy is okay where he is.
All I can tell you is what my own dog Misty showed me. And if that happened to her, then I am pretty certain it happens similarly to all of our loved ones. Only she was able to show me. And I feel she would like me to let others know.
Yes they are okay. Yes they do still love us very very much. They stay 'themselves' in many ways after crossing over, but it's as if something in their soul nature 'distils'....so if there was love, then that love becomes more fine, even more focused with a graciousness about them.
They are completely healed when they cross over. At least that's what Misty showed me. No more lumps on her body, and content.

And they are really alive there, really living in the next world. It is a real thing. The love doesn't die, ZiggysDad, even though it seems they have disappeared, they have only passed through and 'transitioned' into spirit. They still do love us, and know when we send them our love.

But another thing Misty showed me was she was not scared of my crying and grieving! She accepted it but also tried to comfort me. At first I didn't realise she was there! But after a short time I found out, and sometimes when I cried (couldn't help it) she would draw near my heart with her love then suddenly disappear again! She was trying to comfort me. Yet I also sensed from her that it didn't upset her -as if she had a deep understanding suddenly. I could feel what she was feeling and it was quite balanced.
(When she lived here with me, she didn't like it if people cried, so that response from her was unexpected.)

When the worst of your intense pain eases a little bit, send your love out......
Ziggy still loves you very much.
And he has completely let go of his illness and the memory of the vet's office, so don't worry about that -please.
That was what Misty showed me anyway.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
jaschutz
John,

I also lost my best friend and other half, London, on Christmas Eve. It's amazing how terrible and cold the holiday turns when you have to say goodbye to your best friend. I didn't even get out of bed on Christmas Day. Life as I knew it had been completely destroyed. Ziggy is beautiful, I am so sorry for your loss. My best friend growing up always had boxers and from being around them, I fell in love with the breed. They are such intelligent, loving and energetic dogs! After his family lost their dog Izzy when we were in high school, they got another dog, who they named Ziggy as well. What a coincidence. I don't think Ziggy passed away because he felt like you abandoned him. I think he knew it would be too hard for you to have to witness his passing, so he did the kind thing and went to heaven after you had left. I know how completely frustrating it is to lose your best friend before their time (London was 8 when we had to put her down) and you can feel angry with God and that he has let you down. I think it's completely normal. It happened to me as well. But then I realized that the true pillar of faith is never giving up and continuing to believe even after everything in life is pushing you to do the opposite. I realized that London is in heaven waiting for me and if I ever want to see her again, I need to have faith and continue to strive to be a good person. My dad always tells me that death can never be explained. We will never find a reason behind why Ziggy and London left us so early. They were innocent animals that went through such pain and then were taken from us. Unfortunately, that is all a part of life. We can't control it or rationalize it. But we can celebrate our time spent with them and strive to meet them in heaven. That we can control. I know it feels hopeless right now but each day that passes it will get easier.

I lost London after an accident where she got into gum that caused liver failure. She spent the last 3 days of her life in an ICU cage at the vet's office with IVs in all of her legs and getting multiple plasma transfusions. We were just trying to save her life. I still feel so guilty that she spent the last 3 days away from us. We were only allowed to visit her for a short time each day. It was so painful to watch her suffer and to watch the physical symptoms of her liver failing. On Christmas Eve, we were at our family's house when the vet called us and set that her breathing was becoming more labored and that we should come in and see her. When I walked into that room, it wasn't even my London lying there anymore. She was breathing so loudly that it almost sounded like she was aggressively snoring because that's how difficult it was for her to breath. She wasn't responding to us petting her or saying her name, it's almost as if she were sleeping but couldn't be woken up. Her face was swollen as well as her paws. She just wasn't my happy go lucky girl anymore. It felt like someone was stabbing me in the heart by watching her suffer. The vet said she o ly had a 5% chance of surviving and we decided we couldn't put her through anymore pain. I held her and pet her and kissed her when the vet gave her the injections. It was awful. I am telling you London's story because everyone on this forum has gone through heart wrenching and terrible ordeals of losing our loved ones, just like you. You are not alone. I hope you are able to find some peace in the coming days.
Jamie

You can visit London's memorial at:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/LONDO001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
ZiggysDad
I am so so sorry for your loss. You are not alone we all have beat ourselves up for what we did
or didn't do and all the what ifs
If you hadn't left him at the vet he might have passed at home and you would wonder why didn't I leave him in the care of the vet? The vet might have saved him..

I wish I had the ability to help ease your pain but unfortunately it is the price we pay for the great love we had the good fortune to be blessed with
I lost my beloved cat 13 weeks ago and am still completely devasted and have moments where I can't comprehend he's not coming back

I too want to be 100% certain my guy is okay , I think we have to trust that they are in a better place
What's keeping me going is the hope that I will be reunited in some form with him again, some day

I'm sure your Ziggy knew you loved him deeply and is watching out for you and your family now.
Sending you wishes of peace and comfort
Diana
Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Ziggys Dad...  so sorry for your loss.  We all know how you feel.  Everyone here has felt that pain and grief and guilt.  The guilt is the worst.  NO matter what we did or didn't do, we all wonder what more we could or should have done.  We did our best, that's all that can be expected in this life.  I really feel that our forever pets are sent here to teach us about unconditional love and loss...life and death.  My Dali taught me more than all the education or life experience could have.  She taught me that unconditional love, the pain of that loss, and that there is more to this world than we know.  I never believed in signs or contact from after life until she left and taught me otherwise.  Grieve, we all do, and we do it differently.  Your Ziggy loves you and will be waiting for you one day.  Until then, Ziggy will be by your side always and you will feel that love.  Keep your heart and mind open.  Again, I am so sorry for your loss.  It is good to talk to those who can relate, and we all can.  Hugs to you and Ziggy from me and Dali.  Your story brought tears to my eyes, which isn't very hard these days. 

That being said, I lost my Dali in a similar fashion.  I took her to the vet, but he said she was ill but gave her meds and said she'd be fine.  I thought she was getting better and left her the next morning to go to my sons.  I was told she stood up and coughed, then just was GONE.  I am devastated 4 months later and feel my whole world ended that day.  It has not and never will be the same  I understand how you feel COMPLETELY.  Take care of yourself.

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0