TashasDad
Yesterday, I put out photographs of Tasha again.

FINALLY!

On the walls of my home. After losing her over 6 months ago.

For 6 months time, I have been unable to have any photos of her on display in the house, as they always caused me to immediately to sob, begin grieving, break down big time, whenever I walked past them.

Now it is different. I have been healing and I am finally at a new place in my grieving over her. 

Now her photos on the walls are very positive to me (I am relieved as I love her so incredibly much!!!)

I am able to have them up again.  When I see her, as I walk by, or stop and look at them, I am filled only with joy and love. And happy memories.  I am not consumed with loss and pain as I have been for over 6 months time. 

I have read many times here at the forum how many people have kept photos up of their beloved pets who had recently passed over. And I was amazed at their strength and love, and very aware of my weakness and inability to do similarly to look so regularly as they lived and moved about their homes. 

I am so pleased to be at this new point in my grieving process now. I WANT her photos up on the walls in my house again, and I finally able to do so again.

We are all different. So very, very different in how we grieve for our lost beloved dogs and cats and others. But I wanted to share this change. It is progress for me. In my loving acceptance. In grieving. In loving understanding. Of losing my best friend ever.

Your mom and I will love you forever Tasha! You will foreve be in our hearts. You were the perfect pup / dog to us for over 10 years time.

Tasha's Dad

Quote 0 0
Jairbear
I'm glad you're in such a better place now. It helps give me hope that the rest of us will make it there eventually. I have mixed emotions about seeing my boy's pictures. Sometimes, I love looking at him because it reminds me of how happy he always was. Other times, they only make me immeasurably sad that the pictures are all I have left of him. And occasionally, they just make me numb with disbelief- I feel like he's just out of the house and could come back at any moment. I hope that some day I will reach the place you are and be able to proudly display him and only think of the good times.
Kristen
Quote 0 0
TashasDad

Hi Kristen,

I do understand every word you replied to me. I really do. 

I DID chose to post what I did today about being to finally look at Tasha's photos on the walls of our home again, because I DID want to share with everyone here that we can heal, get better, and BEGIN to move on.

I certainly am not finished grieving for my beloved precious Tasha by any means. BUT, I did want to share that I am to finally put up her "family photographs" on the walls again after 6 months of not being able to. 

I absolutely meant this to be inspirational by posting. Thank you Kristen, for indirectly getting me to clarify this. 

This forum is a wonderful, wonderful place, for all of us grieving. I wanted to share on my progress. I have been posting here regularly for 6 months. My post today was intended to be optimistic, lovely, and mainly encouraging --- as we all grieve so very differently.

You are in a raw, numbing place now, I believe, Kristen. My understanding is you lost your beloved pet just 8 short days ago.

But as you said, I really hope I gave you and other recent pet owners who lost pets hope that they "will make it there eventually".

I hope you and all of them get there and quickly, whatever quickly is for them... I don't want anyone to suffer... in procesing your losses and grief. God bless all of us here at the forum and our losses. I only wish to be helpful to you and everyone. PM me if any of you wish to.  None of us want to have this kind of loss of course and we all need to help each other dearly.

Tashas Dad

Quote 0 0
Chinadoll
Tasha's Dad, thank you for your post. I have been struggling a lot lately, getting myself ready to put pictures on the wall of my friends. I think I am VERY close to being able to do this. Your post gives me hope that I can make this next step. I've done all the picking out of the ones I want to put up, I know where I'm going to put them, I've just been waiting for that 'time' when I feel like I can do it. I've actually felt guilty for awhile for not having pictures on the wall, but my heart was not ready. Now, I think I can and your post gives me that little boost I need. Thank you.
Charlie
Quote 0 0
TashasDad

Hi Charlie,

Thank you so much for your post. It is hard for me to share and post; I do understand very well that replying/posting can be very difficult.

I have struggled too. For months. Asking myself, what photos of Tasha can I put up on my walls. I DO understand. It is complicated for me, and likely even more complicated for you. 

You really need to wait until you are ready. You can't rush this, and put up these special loving photos until you are competely ready, for yourself mainly. 

My Tasha knows how much I loved her. I know she is not concerned with how long I need to wait  until I can put up photos of her again. I would imagaine and believe your beloved pet is the same. They want us to heal. To grieve sufficiently. Before putting up photos, etc.           

My person advice Charlie. Don't feel guilty about photographs. Your beloved pet knows deeply how much you loved them. Photos on the wall for me, are just an eventuaul goal to achieve. I hope it is the same for you. 

Tashas Dad

Quote 0 0
Chinadoll
It is a 'step' for me, I've been thinking about it for months. Not until the last couple of months had I considered taking that step. Thank you for your concern, I'm so glad you were able to reach a point that allowed you to place the photos of Tasha in your home. So many difficult steps to this journey, blessings to you.
Charlie
Quote 0 0