Deityofbeauty
Yesterday we said goodbye to our Massie May. She had been by my side for more than a third of my life. I thought I would be ok. I am not ok. I miss her cries for attention and food when I would get home. I miss seeing her on the couch on Andrew. I miss her ebony and ivory moments with Melly. I have lost animals before, but this is different. I have never had to make the heart wrenching decision to put an animal down. I was in the room with her comforting her, but it didn’t make it any easier on me. I am taking this harder than I could have ever imagined. I missed her the second she was gone and I haven’t stopped. The pain won’t go away. I said goodnight to it and woke up to it. I miss her dearly and deeply.
Quote 0 0
MomOfBelle
So sorry for your loss.
shirley
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Clarissa,

I am very saddened by the news of your recent loss of your beloved Massie May. What an adorable name! And her photo image is wonderful. She was such a cute cat and so unique. Massie May sounds like your "Spirit Animal." Which is why you and she were so bondned.

Welcome to this forum despite the unfortunate circumstances. There are many kind, considerate, caring, wise, loving, sweet, intelligent, wise and warm people here, who can help you through your journey of grief. The way they helped me survive and continue to overcome.

I hope you will continue to visit here and read the various stories that have been posted and shared. They will help you to fully realize that you are not alone and that we are with you in comradeship and spirit.

I felt I had to put my boy (a cat named Marmalade) down 8 months ago. And I was also completely heartbroken and overwhelmed with grief. I knew it was the right decision at the time, and still do, but I beat myself up with regret, guilt and remorse. As time goes by those feelings will begin to go away. So please just continue to travel through time and allow your mind and body to heal itself. It will do so. I promise.

Kind regards & my sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 0 0
redgirlraven
I am so sorry. I know quite literally exactly how you are feeling and it is hell on earth. These first few days you just have to hang on somehow. Give yourself permission to do whatever it is that will let you survive this first wash of grief. Zone out at a TV screen 24/7, sob uncontrollably, eat or don t eat as much or as little as you want. Run, walk, work out or go to bed for the next day or two. Whatever will get you through it. I lost my sweet Roary cat in June and I am back here today because the grief is so heavy again today.
I recommend reading about “The ball in the box” theory of grief as that is how I experience it at least . If you google it you will find descriptions of it.
Also daybydaypetsupport.com has an actual
Hotline staffed with people trained in pet
Loss grief if you want a person to actually talk to. The chat room here is also great.
I recommend getting some melatonin or I like sugarbear sleep vitamins to help you with sleep as that can often be terribly affected. Also don’t hesitate to reach out to your doctor if you need medication support for depression, anxiety, or sleep as you begin on this journey of grief. If you don’t have Netflix or some other streaming device I recommend getting it now so you can binge watch something.
I’m so sorry you are here. I know you are here because you lost your cherished kitty. I wish that hadn’t happened to you. I’m sorry.
AR
Quote 0 0