Marisa8780
I’m new to this site. I lost my furbaby Leo Thursday night and I have been struggling. I’m heartbroken. All I do is cry and I hate being in my house because it’s empty without his presence. I’ve had dogs all my life and I have always grieved for them but this time I’m having a hard time. I’ve never felt this pain before. My chest hurts. All I keep thinking about is his face as he was being euthanized. I can’t get that image out of my head. It’s literally killing me inside. When will this pain go away?
Quote 0 0
fran1116
I'm so sorry Marisa . I ask the same question . When will this pain go away. My Lexie died on fathers day. I still cant  sleep I cry all the time. She was my life . She slept with me and woke up with.  And I relive that day over and over what happened . She died of congestive heart failure just like her Dad. so I lost the 2 most important people in my life. I hope this bridge that they go to is real , because my little girl didn't want to leave me, but she was struggling to breath and I knew it was time to let her go.  Hope your pain ease up . Lexie is full of life and hopefully she and Leo are running in the meadow playing having a good old time . They will be waiting for us . In the mean time try to think of the joy and happiness he gave you. Put Leo's name in the Monday night candle lighting. Prayers are with you 
Lexie's Mom 
Quote 0 0
ClaudiaNY
I love that image of Lexie and Leo playing together in the meadow. I can picture my Lily (cat) joining in. She went over the bridge this past January and for some reason, my grief is at full force again this week. I cried for many nights after she died. Then I went through a period of missing her deeply but talking to her, then for awhile I just felt numb.  I rescued her from a neglectful former owner, an acquaintance who was willing to let her die outside in his backyard but finally gave her to me after I begged him to take her to the vet (something he had not done for at least 5 years). When he learned the cost of treatment, he took me up on my offer to adopt her. Lily was the greatest gift in my life. She was with me for only 3 years and 4 months but fortunately I was able to work from home most of the time in the last year of her good days, and during her final decline as well. She was over 18 when we had to say goodbye.
Quote 0 0
fran1116
Claudia
you gave Leo a good life even though he was with you for only 3 years with this other owner he may had been gone already. God bless him he lived to 18 years my little girl was only 10 I thought she was going to out live me . I expected her to live until she was 20 years old.  I know she's with my husband, what I worry is that question is she scared does she miss me. I believe she sends me a sign.  She had to get heart medicine 10 am and at 10:00 pm at 9:30 she will get excited because 1 of her pills I would put inside a sausage link and she loved them .  Every night on my phone I get a message from google (Lexie's pills)  The thing I had a reminder on Alexa not Google and I had cancelled Alexa's reminder and I never put it on google.  When I ask google whats my reminder she tells me I don't have any.  So I think my Lexie (my little peanut is telling me she is still with me) So look for signs. They know we are grieving and heartbroken  they are trying to comfort us giving us signs that they are still around.
Quote 0 0
Marisa8780
Thank you everyone for your kind words. I hope my Leo is playing with Lexie and Lily. 
Quote 0 0
ClaudiaNY
Thank you Marisa and Fran. Like Fran, I had to pill Lily every 12 hours, starting just a few days after I rescued her, when her tests came back showing hyperthyroid. At first it was just the thyroid meds but in the last year and a half of her life it was those plus half of a heart pill in the morning and a pill for high blood pressure in the evening. These were side effects of the chronic renal failure. I also learned to administer sub-q fluids which I gave her every 3 days for the last year and a half of her life (the last several months daily) and I gave her b-12 shots. She got an iron shot every month for her anemia (another crf side effect) - but that had to be administered in the muscle so the vet techs did it. I so want to help other geriatric cats as a tribute to my sweet girl who taught me so much. But as I posted on another thread I can't do it right now as I am having trouble taking care of myself and do not feel safe going for my allergy shots (it used to be just once a month but now I'd have to do it weekly for many weeks to build back up to the max. dose because I have not gotten a shot since the pandemic started). When I first got the sub-q I was sure that I couldn't handle administering the fluids, but my very kind cat-sitter showed me how to do it in a calm and gentle way.
Quote 0 0
Gizzy0808
Hi Marisa8780.  Your post in particular resonates so strongly with me as we too lost our LabCollie, Lily, in the early hours of Thursday morning.  I too felt this pain in my chest and I constantly cry as there are memories everywhere - in the home, in the garden, the route we used to take on our daily walks - it's relentless.  I work from home so we were together more or less 24/7 and our lives revolved around each other. I seem to be the only one still crying all the time that I wonder if there's something wrong with me. Even as I'm writing this message, I'm crying. I wonder when it will stop as I feel silly, when the other family members aren't.  We discovered Lily had breast cancer 5 weeks ago so did an intense surgery which seemed to clear it all up.  We were so relieved.  I made plans for another summer family holiday by the beach, but then she seemed to develop pneumonia 2 weeks ago and she went downhill and unable to recover, despite specific antibiotics and medication.  She passed at 2am Thursday morning on our garden patio - one of her favourite places.  To me, she was the most beautiful, special dog and she's left a huge void.  To you, Marisa8780, fran1116 and ClaudiaNY I send you my love and huge comforting hugs, in the hopes that some of the pain from the loss of your beautiful, beloved furbabies will be lifted. Lily in her park.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Marisa8780
Hi Gizzy0808 I’m so sorry for your loss. Your baby Lily was so beautiful! ❤️ This weekend was so hard for me all I did was cry. Every part of the house reminds me of my baby. Losing a pet is just so heartbreaking because they are a part of your family. I just want this pain in my chest to go away.
7233E72F-9798-4D7E-9447-5DDA49A8D775.jpeg 
Quote 0 0
Monroegirl
So sorry for your loss of Leo. It's so very hard. I lost my fur-daughter, Monroe, in April and the crushing chest pain was very bad in the beginning. It would ease up after about a week, but as soon as the sun went down....the crushing pain would be back. Now, at a little three months later, for me, it still comes, but not nearly as often. (((Hugs))) They are our family and it's so very hard to lose them. 
Quote 0 0
Marisa8780
Thank you for your kind words. So sorry for the loss of your furbaby. 💙
Quote 0 0