FrankMissingOliver Show full post »
Broken1
Frank,

its so hard,they gave me 2 glass jars w his hair and his paw prints (I’m waiting on his ashes) and every morning I get up and either hold them and cry or just look at them and ball. I feel guilt if i dont cry,I’m losing my mind.I fall asleep for minute at a time out of complete exhaustio,Ive lost weight,i havent shaved.I just have too much guilt for putting him down...

your broken friend,
Jimmy
Ill never be the same...
Quote 0 0
ZoesMomma
Jimmy,

I am so very sorry for your loss!  We had to say good bye to our sweet girl on the first and I too have had such an overwhelming feeling of guilt.  I couldn’t sleep, eat or do anything but cry for days and I still miss my big bed hog more than I can say but I know she is much better off now.  Please know there are others going through the same pain.  Getting your feelings out on here is a start to the healing process.  I still talk to her everyday, constantly pull her pics up on my phone and that helps me.  I’ll be thinking about you and hope you are doing better.  
Quote 0 0
Broken1
Zoesmom,
 thank you for thinking of me but unfortunately I’m not going to be better any time soon. Your right getting my feelings out,helps.BUT I cant not look at pics or videos theyre just too painfull.I have a live pic (3 second video) of him sitting right next to where I am sitting now and looking at me and I’m say “I love you baby,I LOVE YOOOOOUUUUU” and his little booty was wiggling because he was wagging his tail so hard,now I look to where he was  sitting and hes just a memory.big bed hog? Oh I get it!!! Between him 3LBS and his brother 7LBS my King size suddenly became barely,BARELY a twin lol.then don't forget the nights when he slept between my legs and I had to go to the bathroom and I’d just have to bust because I would NOT move and wake him up.I’m going to miss that Lititle body,those freckle legs and that cute lil face...

your broken friend,
Jimmy
Ill never be the same...
Quote 0 0
FrankMissingOliver
Jimmy, I’m thinking about you and wishing you the best. Zoesmom, the same. I’m thinking about you and wishing you the best. You are wonderful loving people
I feel for you two. Our loss is unbearable. This is the hardest loss I’ve ever been through and I’ve lost many people in my life and quite a few pets. Oliver’s passing is different somehow. Not exactly sure what it is but I am truly devastated and not getting through it very. well. He was such a devoted companion. Perhaps that it. His love for me was 100% and so pure. He trusted me to help him through everything as he was abused as a baby. I feel so guilty that as it turned out I wasn’t able to help him at the end. He came down with Myelomalacia and it took him down in just a couple days. Very progressive and debilitating. Horribly sad to experience. I love Oliver and will as long as I’m alive.
Quote 1 0
Broken1
Frankie,
   Its 4:40 am Im up and crying,I cant get this boys precious face out of my head!!! I cant hear stories of abuse,I've actually taken months at a time off of Facebook because of all the abuse pics,stories and videos! I don't know why they were on my feed,plus I donated a lot of money that I can actually use.To hear Oliver was abused is just enraging,I really hope I never see someone abusing a dog,I KNOW I’d bed up in jail or the hospital,maybe both! I read your comment you lost a lot of people,SO DID I! I grew up in a VERY rough time in Brooklyn NY.This is just hurting to my core.I dont have kids,I look at my boys as my children and feel the loss as such.Ive recently apologized to my mom for not giving her grandkids and her answer was “what are you talking about I have these 3” (Baby and his 2 brothers).God only knows how deep my love was,IS for that boy,he was so innocent,so cute,so adorable and just so good,the dog would not go in the house and even being that sick waited to be brought outside to go,he wouldn’t even go in the diaper! I put the diaper because he would fish tail and end up falling and it was cold and snowy where I am and he didnt like when he paws got cold. It’s funny you mentioned devoted companion I purchased A stone memorial that says “In memory of a faithful friend and companion“ (I seen it at the pet store the day i bought the diapers when he was doing ok and left crying) it comes w 2 sided tape and a bone shaped cut out for his dog tag,which also was bone shape.I tried to attach pic it wouldn’t work.Im gonna try to sleep,hopefully I can see my boy in my dreams only thing...I wont want to wake up

your broken friend,
Jimmy
Ill never be the same...
Quote 0 0
FrankMissingOliver
So I still cannot stop thinking about my Oliver who passed Jan 27th. Nights when I’m sitting up all by myself are the hardest. I’ve had many dogs but no pup compared to Oliver. Something about him was beautiful. He survived an extremely abusive beginning in his short life but when I was able to get him, he learned to trust and love once again. He was so appreciative of all I gave him. I could tell. He and I truly loved one another. My wife and family think we should get another dog. Not just for us but also for our other dog which is lonely now. I do understand but it is so hard to do. Bottom line is I miss Oliver so much. Life is just so damn hard. 
Quote 0 0
Buddy_Mama
Frank, I'm so sorry. Please know that you are not alone. Thank you for rescuing Oliver, giving him a good life, and caring for him with such devotion especially when he was sick. The deeper the love, the deeper the grief. Be good to yourself, and know that it's OK to still think about Oliver and miss him. Our pets really do bring out the best in us. Sending you hugs...
Cindy (Buddy’s mama)
My baby Buddy 5/4/10-3/7/20, rescued March 2011
My sweet Mandy 11/27/91-11/2/10, rescued November 1992
My beautiful Barney 4/28/73-9/7/92, adopted May 1973
Quote 0 0
cat_owner14
I now how you feel, I lost my cat socks on March 8th, it was hard to function, I still haven't picked up his water bowl. Sometimes during the night I feel him jumping on the bed and for s split second I was happy again.
David
Quote 0 0