Wildkard
I just collected the ashes of my wee boy and I don’t know how to cope. I thought I was through the grieving stage but I guess I’m not. His brother is still crying and looking for him and I don’t know what to do. I know I did the right thing in helping him pass, but I feel so so guilty.
Quote 0 0
Lauren03
My dogs ashes still havent come yet, its been 5 days since his passing. I expect to be a mess when they do come too. Im wishing you strength and healing <3 Your pup loved you, and he knows you loved him. 
Lauren
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Chris, My deepest sympathy on your loss. Grief can take a long time and you’ll always miss him but you’ll begin to find that the large waves of despair come less often and eventually the waves start to become smaller. Try and give his brother as much attention as possible. You can grieve for your wee boy together. If you know you did the right thing in helping him pass your guilt is more likely caused by the deep grief you’re experiencing. It will get better with time. Hugs to you!
CK
Quote 0 0
troutchaser
I replied last night but I must not have hit the reply button.  I'm very sorry for your loss and I hope time will help you get by.  If you haven't already done so, please get your boy's old blanket and let his brother smell it.  I did this when Sammy died and his brother and sister, while sad for several days, eventually understood that they would see him again one day.  They miss him and his grumpy ways, though.  As do I.
I hope you have a good day.
Quote 0 0
DogMom86
The ashes for me were a mixed bag of emotions. I got Mija's two days after she passed, and London's three days afterward. On the one had, I wanted both of them home. I couldn't stand not having them away from me. I seemed okay, but then I'd burst into tears again especially placing their individual collars on top of the boxes. I  luckily have other beautiful, loving dogs to help me cope with their sister's death. You grieve however you need to there is not right or wrong way and you'll most likely go through many emotions. As for your other furbaby, love on them, take them for walks, try to keep a routine, and for me keeping my deceased pets bedding helped because they can still smell them (my dogs sleep in the crate Mija used to and the sheets London used to as well). Blessings and hugs.
Mija, Chihuahua: 2004-2019
16 years
London, Golden Retriever: 2005-2020
15 years

Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, Kawaii and Pepita the Chihuahua

Quote 0 0
Wildkard
Thank you everyone. I just feel so lost and it helps to talk with people who understand how I feel. Xx
Quote 0 0