deereay33 Show full post »
Evie123
Thanks, I will order it. My hubby loves his hobbies too but my happiness was always taking Molly out or just being at home with her. She fulfilled every need in me and, though I do have my social time, I've always been completely happy just enjoying her fantastic company.
Quote 0 0
kygirl402
I am so sorry for your loss. Many do not understand the relationship and connection we have for are pets. They are family. I was accused of trying go get sympathy and of being a drama queen when I lost my Jakaboy last January. Please know though that there are people out here that understand and feel your pain. This site helped me tremendously. I still grieve for Jake over a year later. There is not a time limit or a set reaction plan to the grieving process. I can't say what your husband is thinking or feeling or why he is reacting this way. Maybe it's his way of grieving? Hopefully he has understood by now. If not direct him to read articles on this site abd others and maybe that will help him understand your actions and feelings.
There is something about my connection with Jake that I have never had before with another pet. I think you may have felt the same connection wit yours. I also suffered from guilt. I would like to know how you are doing.
Quote 0 0
deereay33
Funnily enough ive just answered on your post before i saw this one. I agree with you about your dog coming to you with this sign. Ive always been a little sceptical but desperate to believe. Since i lost my jonah ive read a few good books about afterlife and spirituality. I was amazed at the signs some people got after they lost a loved one. My jonah came to me in dreams 4 times in the first few weeks after i lost him. He was in spirit form, happy, running and noone else but me could see him. I could even hold him. Then i had no such dreams so last week i tearfully asked him one night to come to me again. It was early evening i asked him and then thought nothing of it, not expecting anything. I slept in my daughters room that night and she was on a sleepover. I have slept there many times in her bottom bunk as im a poor sleeper. At about 11.30 her bedside light, which was switched to off, started flashing on and off. I could hear the electrics inside buzzing. I left it a miniute or so then went to switch it off at the wall and back on. It did not and has not happened since. I do wonder if this was him. Ive heard a lot of similsr stories. I believe your sign was very real.

i miss him so much, i walk on the beach and enjoy talking to owners and their dogs but ive not been near our local woods where we spent our last weeks when he just looked at me to tell me he could not walk. His sad , dejected face was so very hard to see after 13 years of us tramping these trails together, our own garden of eden. I aim to get a new black lab puppy this summer. If all goes to plan he or she will be related to my Jonah. I truly believe jonah will be by my side guiding us. I cope only by being busy. 3 children, a cat, part time job. I have no hobbies as im not interested in gyms etc. Ive done all that before i had jonah. Once i had him it was all about woodland walks in all weathers or the joy i got from him charging through the waves at one of our stunning local beaches. I have a 17 year old cat whom i adore. Im holding her very very close.
Dee
Quote 0 0
lostlittleboy
Maybe it would be good to get out, perhaps try the gym or some classes, to get ready for summer's potential addition to the family, as I'm sure you'll spend lots of time playing, crawling and picking things off the floor.

I got quite fit from 5am walks in summer when we first got Buddy, 45 mins of fast walking across fields and footpaths before work.

Our new addition isn't so energetic, preferring to watch and stalk the rabbits she sees - which is where my wife is sad that she doesn't have a mad bundle of energy by her side during walks, and keeps visiting the spot of Buddy's accident, where we've planted some daffodils, which always upsets her.

Quote 0 0
deereay33
I have read about the loss of your dog. How very sad. It reminded me of jonah as a puppy as he used to chase birds and not look where he was going so he banged into fences and i had to keep away from anywhere with high drops. Your photos are fabulous. I love to see the photos on here but i struggle to upload as they are always too big. Im glad you have adopted cassie. She is a lucky dog to have your love. Life without them is so very hard. I am going for beach walks as i feel its first steps. I can watch the dogs and stop and talk to people about their dogs. I see less people in the woods so feel ill dwell in my grief more. One step at a time. Id like to rescue as well as have my pup in the summer. But i have a cat and 3 children so id need a dog that could cope. I also work 3 days so worry more than one dog would be too much for mum to cope with. She told me yesterday it would be fine but then i saw her wheezing after our beach walk. She is ashmatic. Anyway, my hub struggles with lack of attention on him. Imagine what hed say to 2 dogs...
Dee
Quote 0 0