Sal Show full post »
Sal
Catie

Thank you so much. Just a very sad time right now

Sal
Sal 
Quote 0 0
catiebee
I certainly hear you, Sal. There's nothing fun about it. The sadness weighs heavily and I wish I could lift it for you.  We will all hold on, knowing it will get better. But sheesh, it takes real time to get to that place.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Shark88
So sorry Sal for your loss.   There are no words to make the situation any better.  
Been there, done that.    I find that trusting in The Lord helps and knowing that He
truly cares.
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Hi Sal, 

I was trying to find your original thread, since it looks like your other thread got tangled up with another member. I am just wondering how things are for you.

It can feel very strange that life keeps going on, while something and someone so precious is no longer in our lives. It can feel like the world should stop, in a way, since life as we knew it stopped. It's so hard. 

Your pain matters. And I hope if it helps to connect and be heard here, that you'll post some more. I know these have been some tough, tough days for you. Take gentle care....
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Sal
Catie

Thank you very much.it's been very difficult to not have her around. 

We did go to the shelter today to look at other cats, but not sure we are ready 
Sal 
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Hi Sal,

Home can feel so empty. I know.  So many reminders, I'm sure you have. It doesn't seem right for her not to be there. It really is royally difficult to get through the first days and weeks.

I'm glad to hear you went by the shelter. It's also good you could recognize that it might not be time yet. 

When I lost my first dog in 2006, I looked at puppies a month after my pet passed. I loved them, but I wasn't done grieving. I ended up putting a deposit down, then realizing, "whoa, I'm still hurting too badly," and getting it back.   But closer to two months out.... I was ready-ready and found great joy in my new girl.

Not saying my timeline is anything like yours. But it's like a ripening fruit. Things change and then it's easier to embrace a new one.

You'll know. 😉
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Sal
Thanks again so much
Sal 
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Hope things are going as well as possible for you, Sal.  Wishing easier days for you.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0