Forum

Author   Comment  
kmayo99

Reply with quote  #1 
My Yuki passed away on 08/10/19, just last Saturday. It was a tragic accident. My parents were in the parking lot of the pet store and just before they were about to head in, yuki went potty in the lot. When he finished he slipped off his collar and ran ahead. A car was speeding in the parking lot and hit him, they did not stop for him. He died immediately. He was only 3 years old. He should still be here, he was supposed to grow old with me and my family.
My parents are blaming themselves for everything leading up to the accident. They are wishing they did things differently so the accident would’ve never happened. My siblings and I are crying a lot. 2 of my siblings are in high school, 1 in middle school, and 1 in elementary. They are taking it really hard. I am starting at a new university after finishing my associate’s in May. I no longer have any motivation to continue my studies. I have been feeling this way before the accident but now that Yuki is gone, it increased the feeling even more. I have mental health illnesses and losing Yuki took a toll on my mental health as well. My heart hurts. Yuki was so young. I try to take comfort that he did not suffer but it is so hard. I keep picturing him in places in my house or the yard where he usually likes to hang out. He should be there. He should still be with us. I don’t know how I will move past this.
KayM

Reply with quote  #2 
My sincere condolences on your loss. Please understand that no one is responsible for this except for the driver that hit Yuki and did not stop. There is no reason to be driving fast in a parking lot and the fact that he didn't stop is horrible. Knowing that our pet didn't suffer is supposed to offer us comfort, and in our head we know that is better for them, but our hearts are still broken. My healthy, strong dog died last Friday. Taking a walk, everything as normal as could be, he collapsed and died on the spot. Please know that as hurt as we are that it will eventually not hurt so much, it will take time. I don't know what mental issues you are referring to but I did suffer from a severe depression at one time in my life and found medication to be very helpful. Again not sure of your particular situation. Let yourself grieve and cry, I wish you and your family healing and peace.
kmayo99

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you for your kind words. I know it will take time but I wish the pain would leave already. It’s so hard. My deepest condolences to you. I know this is a hard time for you as well. We can get through this together.
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #4 

Dear Katrina,

I am so sorry and saddened to learn of your and your family's recent loss of your beloved "Yuki." As you know he was just being a "boy" and in his mind playing and running free and exploring. They simply don't realize the dangers involved in running loose. It was a "freak accident." There was nothing that you or your parents could have done to prevent it at the time. As negligent as the driver was, they probably did not expect to encounter a loose dog in their direct path in the parking lot. It was just tragic circumstances that lead up to an unforeseen accident.

This type of accidents occur all the time, all over the World. Every single day if you read this forum and other pet grief forums. People losing their beloved dogs and cats in traffic accidents. It is so, so tragic. People are tragically hit by cars too each day and quite often they are "hit and runs."

I hope you can just continue to travel through time and heal-up as best you can. University is so, so important to the future of your entire life. So please try and be gentle with yourself during this difficult time and try and take good care of yourself as best you can.

Kind regards & my sincerest condolences,
James
kmayo99

Reply with quote  #5 
James, thank you for your kind words. Yes, in Yuki's mind he was just running and playing like you said but it hurts so much that he was taken so soon. He was just running and then he was gone. I will try to heal but I know it will take time. Thank you again, take care. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.