anang
So, I just received word via the news that since I live in evacuation zone A I must leave by tomorrow morning due to the pending hurricane Dorian.
So my heart lurches as my mind immediately turns to Anna Ng. This will be my first hurricane without her, and I don't feel like going through the motions. I know the drill, pack your important documents, medication, clothes, etc. I just don't care. I know that I must sound ignorant and jaded, and I apologize for that. I just miss my angel so much. It used to be kind of like an adventure with Anna Ng when we had a hurricane. Now it's just like an open sore that's had salt rubbed into it. 

Thanks for letting me vent,
Katie  
K. Unger
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Hi Katie,

So sorry to hear that news! We are all worried about you of course.

Godspeed and safe travels. Will you be able to bring Meepers with you?

Please let us know that you are safe and how you are doing. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

XO,
James
Quote 0 0
anang
Nah, James, I'm just going to leave Meeps home, he can fend for himself, lol. OF COURSE I'm going to bring my Prince with me!! You made me smile.

Everything will work out, but it's so empty without my girl. Hurricanes were always sort of an adventure for the two of us. It was like, what new experience can we have now?

Thanks for being you,
-K

K. Unger
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Good to hear! Whew! I pictured Meeper floating around on an upside down umbrella all alone, during the hurricane!

Although this looks more like your Ana NG in the image below. She will be with you and Meeps in spirit on your next adventure.

Cat in upside down umbrella.jpg 

Thank you for looking after him. He is an "Orange Boy" as you know! 

Again, safe Travels! And please check in when you can sweetie.

XO.
James
Quote 0 0
huckleberry1918
Stay safe Katie. I'll be praying for your safety and also praying that the hurricane turns north quicker and doesn't make landfall in the US.
Quote 0 0
anang
Thank you James and Huckleberry for your kind and uplifting responses! James, I totally dig the cat in the umbrella image! Yes, I can only imagine Mr. Meeper floating down the St. John's River in an upside down umbrella. My orange boy Meeper has been so meowy and it's really cute. He doesn't seem distressed at all, he's just really sweet and needy. He may be feeding off of my nervous energy. Since I have to evacuate soon, I held off on giving him breakfast in order to best facilitate getting all 25+ lbs of him into the cat carrier. And since I'm physically compromised at this time, I can already tell that this is going to be a fiasco. I just wast want to curl up in my heated blanket with Meeper and read a good book. Blimey!

What's that saying, lol, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Huckleberry, please keep us updated. I am praying that it's your baby that has been seen near that nice ladies house.

Much love,
Katie 
K. Unger
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Hi Katie,

My honor and my pleasure.

25 lbs! That is one big huggable cat! My cat Marmalade's at his heaviest was only 11 1/2 lbs.
That is why I was always surprised the much larger Tom-Cats in the colony he lead were afraid and respectful of him. They would cower if he even got near them. And "Tommy", "Big Boy" and "Tabby Hunter" were all bruisers.

I'll be Mr. Meeper is distressed and grieving, even if he was not close to Ana NG. They just hide pain and suffering as we all know and they think it is their job to put on a happy face and make us happy. Even if cats are not close, they get used to having one another as company even at a distance.

Be safe and please let us know how you are doing when you can.

All best and XO,
James
Quote 0 0