always_tuffy

I really needed a smile, thought someone else might too! LOL

• To err is human, to forgive, canine.
  • My little old dog: a heart-beat at my feet.
  • A dog desires more affection than his dinner. Well, almost!
  • Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog
  • When dogs leap onto your bed, it's because they adore being with you. When cats leap onto your bed, it's because they adore your bed.
  • I used to look at Smokey and think, "If you were a little smarter you could tell me what you were thinking," and he'd look at me like he was saying, "If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to."
  • While he has not, in my hearing, spoken the English language, he makes it perfectly plain that he understands it. And he uses his ears, tail, eyebrows, various rumbles and grunts, the slant of his great cold nose or a succession of heartrending sighs to get his meaning across.
  • No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as a dog does.
  • One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.
  • Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives
  • A good dog never dies. He always stays. He walks besides you on crisp autumn days; when frost is on the fields and winter's drawing near. His head is within our hand in his old way
  • His ears were often the first thing to catch my tears
  • God turns clouds inside out to make fluffy beds for the dogs in Dog Heaven, and when they are tired from running and barking and eating ham-sandwich biscuits, the dogs find a cloud bed for sleeping. God watches over each one of them. And there are no bad dreams.
  • I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the silent devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source
  • We never really own a dog as much as he owns us
  • Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them, filling an emptiness we don't even know we have
  • For those who love dogs, it would be the worst form of a lie to call any place where dogs were banned "Paradise." Certainly no loving God would separate people from their canine friends for eternity

http://dogquotations.com

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal;
Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Tuffy, My Puppy Love
June 20, 2005-July 26, 2010

Becky Leigh, Queen of my Heart
December 2010-November 10, 2015
Quote 0 0
tikibarb
These were great and so true...thanks for sharing.  
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
donnalee
I loved that.  My favorite line was that: Dogs have a way of finding people who need them, filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had.
That was sure true for me!  When I got Scottie as a puppy for my daughter, I had no idea that he would become my best friend, my little boy, and that he would fill spots in my heart that I had no idea were empty!  How happy & privileged I am that I was able to have this little soul in my life.  

Quote 0 0
jen2010

l loved those  my favourite is I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the silent devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source

Quote 0 0
jo

That is lovely, I really like it.  Thanks for posting.

Quote 0 0