Forum

Author   Comment   Page 6 of 12     «   Prev   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   Next   »
huckleberry1918

Reply with quote  #76 
I'm glad that Away came back. That's great news.
Jcunnane

Reply with quote  #77 
Yay Away! You damn cat!! 😉

Bubby's (Milo) Mommy - Always & Forever My Little Man 💜

just_lost

Reply with quote  #78 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcunnane
Yay Away! You damn cat!! 😉

face-with-tears-of-joy.png

just_lost

Reply with quote  #79 
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckleberry1918
I'm glad that Away came back. That's great news.

Thanks, huckleberry1918, and thanks to you other peeps too.  I hope I didn't detract from your thread and/or make you feel worse about your beautiful Huckleberry.  Talking about Away was meant to show that I sympathize and empathize with you.  I do hope that you choose to hang around here and share more stories about him (and maybe more pics!) whenever you're ready.
just_lost

Reply with quote  #80 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memories_of_Marmalade

I just checked and Just_Lost hasn't posted in around 1 month. Me too, I hope AWAY returned and is doing okay.

James

Sorry, guys.  The whole work/real life/everything else thing got in my way of staying in touch.
just_lost

Reply with quote  #81 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3_cats_mom
The problem was that he didn't have any chip or collar on him, so we had no way to take him back to his owner. He ended up living with us for years and had a good life. You see, even if your cat hasn't/doesn't come back, it doesn't mean that he is in any harm. Since you don't know his fate, you can always imagine positively. I know it is hard, because he is not with you now. Just know that IT IS  possible that he is having some tuna feast on a family table 😉

This is an absolutely amazing post!  So uplifting!  It may not ease the pain of missing Huckleberry and not knowing what really happened, but showing up at another house is a very real possibility.  That's surely how it worked out with Away - he just showed up in the garage and had no fear of humans.  No collar and not fixed, but that he was so well-socialized tells me that he had a home.  We posted him on Facebook (my wife knows a ton o' people, so I can't do anything), but nobody claimed him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3_cats_mom
This cat kept coming to our house looking for food, and we started feeding him, and eventually he became ours.

Away 😉  I thought he might be hungry (because that's my first thought when a stray shows up), so I fed him a can of Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers.  He didn't look hungry...wasn't scrawny/thin/wiry, but my knee-jerk reaction is to offer food.  Four cans later, we acquired cat #5 😉  I get attached to them so easily, and feeding a stray just makes the attachment stronger.  Maybe I'm a weirdo.  I don't know how to explain the way I feel.  I like dogs and other pets, but I'm totally a cat dude.

Please don't lose hope, huckleberry1918.  Remember that we're all here for you.
huckleberry1918

Reply with quote  #82 
Just_lost, I'll hang around, but this site makes me tear up everytime I go to it. There are alot of good people here. I think I'll probably post more, once the pain of losing Huckleberry goes away a little more. I'm tearing up as I type this.

My cellphone is really tough. A few months ago, my wife was complaining to me, because all my images on my cellphone were default images, so she put a picture of Huckleberry and Banjo on it. I tear up everytime I look at my cellphone but I can't take him off it.
Jcunnane

Reply with quote  #83 
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckleberry1918
Just_lost, I'll hang around, but this site makes me tear up everytime I go to it. There are alot of good people here. I think I'll probably post more, once the pain of losing Huckleberry goes away a little more. I'm tearing up as I type this.

My cellphone is really tough. A few months ago, my wife was complaining to me, because all my images on my cellphone were default images, so she put a picture of Huckleberry and Banjo on it. I tear up everytime I look at my cellphone but I can't take him off it.

I totally get this Huckleberry1918. Just had this conversation the other day. Sometimes I feel like I keep reopening the wound here. But helping others help too. My words feel empty these days and the grieving has truly set it. The acceptance that Bubby isn't on vacation and he's not coming back is real now. Just got off the phone with the pet caregiver grievance counselor who told me this. That now I'm truly starting to grieve. She said that things might anger me much more quickly now as my patience level is next to nothing and the emptiness is normal. Now I need to figure out my new normal and this new chapter of my life without him.

I too have Bubby on the background of my phone and it makes me sad. I'm pretty sure the picture has been there since 2014. I can't seem to take it off or even think about it. I know one day I will but for now he stays! 

Sending you hugs!
Jackie

Bubby's (Milo) Mommy - Always & Forever My Little Man 💜

Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #84 

Dear Jackie,

As we have discussed I feel the same way, I will depart here shortly as I need to move on and try and heal. The grief, sorrow, guilt & regret is just way too overwhelming. But this forum has been a Godsend to me in so many ways. Not just the empathy, compassion, kindness, understanding & caring of you and so many other members, but the wisdom, experience & information that can be garnered about our beloved's, loss and their health issues. It works.

As I also mentioned I think I feel like I am trying to pay some kind of penance byu helping others where and when I can, by posting supportive comments here. Which also seems to be cathartic and therapeutic in some ways. Don't know. I am still completely out of my mind with grief & loss. : *** (

James
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #85 

Dear Just_Lost,

Not even sweetie. We were just wondering how you were and what had happened. Everyone here gets busy with their lives. No worries. We are all glad Away returned. I too will be moving on shortly. It's been 9 weeks today, I've got to try and move forward and keep my wits about me, but this forum and all of you members have truly helped me during very dark and difficult times, and I am very grateful to each and everyone of you.

May God bless & keep you,
James
huckleberry1918

Reply with quote  #86 
It's now been 20 days since Huckleberry went missing. I still think about him all the time. When I'm laughing or having a good time, I'll all of a sudden stop, and start thinking about Huck. The pain is getting easier though. I just wish I knew what happened to him or if he's still alive. Huckleberry hated thunder and would always hide under the bed when it stormed out. Whenever we have storms now, I kind of freak out, because I don't know if Huck is out there and lost. I really miss my little buddy.

3_cats_mom

Reply with quote  #87 
Cats are smart, especially Huckleberry has been an indoor/outdoor cat. If he had been on his own for a few weeks, I am sure he would have already found a nice place to hide by now. It's normal for you to worry about him, since you don't know his fate. I know too well how this feels. As for me, I had chosen the easy way out; thinking that my cat had settled down somewhere else :) Although I couldn't prove it, it made me feel better. 

My prayers are with you
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #88 

I think I mentioned to the group that a kitten has taken up residence at a shut down house a few doors down. I have been feeding it morning and late afternoons. It is getting bigger. The neighbor who takes care of the house and lives across the street is pro-cat (he has a litter of 5 stray / feral's and the Mother) that he takes care of.

The kitten had been living about a block away at another neighbor's house, but 2 of their cats went missing and the kitten relocated. The neighbor did not know the kitten was still around, even though it was only 1 block away the past 2 weeks. I had to walk the neighbor over to prove it. The family wants to adopt the cat. Not sure how this will all unfold. I am in a catch 22 situation as I do not want to bond fully with the kitten. But it cries and cries when it sees me or hears my voice. Such a cutie. White with black markings.

huckleberry1918

Reply with quote  #89 
We had a false alarm this morning. At about 7:30 my phone rang and it was a guy who said he saw my poster and he has Huckleberry. We got excited and drove over to his house. He lives about 5 miles from us. He told me that a cat has been coming onto his back deck and he leaves a bowl out to feed him. He said he hasn't seen the cat yet this morning. When we went over there, we showed him more pictures of Huckleberry and he said "that's definitely him". We brought Huck's treats and started calling him, then his neighbor came out. He described the cat to her, and she said that's her cat. She let the cat out, and it was the same one the guy has been seeing. It looked like Huckleberry but it wasn't him. I could see how he made the mistake.

I'm still really depressed about him and I still tear up about him. It's been 27 days now since he went missing.
BlairS

Reply with quote  #90 
Oh man, that has to be especially depressing to get your hopes up like that just to have them dashed.  If nothing else it's good that people are still on the lookout for Huckleberry though. 

We are all still hoping the best for you.  Take care and be well.

B
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.