Forum

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 12      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next   »
Jcunnane

Reply with quote  #46 
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckleberry1918
Thanks Jackie. I don't think he'll be coming home, but I'm praying he still does. I'm not giving up hope, and miracles do happen. Almost everybody has a story about how a pet left for a week and came back. This is not like him though and there aren't many houses in the area. 

This is the first message, I've typed without crying.

Glad you’re hanging in there. Hope you were able to get your mind off things with the outdoor activities. It’s hit or miss with me for crying when typing. Sometimes good, sometimes a balling mess. Just taking it minute by minute, day by day. That’s all we can do.

Hugs,
Jackie

Bubby's (Milo) Mommy - Always & Forever My Little Man 💜

Jenniferhiggs1221

Reply with quote  #47 
Huckleberry1918.sorry to hear that about your tabby.i hope so much he will come back home safe soon.i was wondering..is he fixed?if not..i know years back i had a cat id had for a while who never left the yard..but one morning he wasnt here and no matter how many times i called him..shook his food bag which always worked..and nothing..of course i feared the worse..but one day he just showed back up in the yard..perfectly fine and maybe gained weight..i was so happy but i was asking that because he wasnt fixed and alot of male cats will leave for that reason and stay gone a week or so just like mine did..so either way dont give up hope yet..b positive
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #48 

Good call Jennifer. Spot on, if Huckleberry is still a Tom Cat. Excellent point and question!

Well done!

James
huckleberry1918

Reply with quote  #49 
Unfortunately, Huckleberry is fixed. My wife and I have thought about almost every scenario and that thought crossed our minds, but he's fixed.

There is no sign of Huckleberry but today was the first day I actually laughed at something and the first day that I actually got excited about something. I think the pain is dulling a little and the shock is wearing off, but I still miss him alot. I would give anyhing just to see him one more time. He is the perfect cat.
Jenniferhiggs1221

Reply with quote  #50 
Memories of marmalade
Yes thats always the first thing that comes to mind..and will have alot to do with them just comming up missing..they are gonna wanna go when they want to male or female if not fixed..
huckleberry1918

Reply with quote  #51 
We got a little hope this morning but it was a dead end. One of my neighbors has the Neighbor app from Ring. Someone posted two days ago, that there was a cat on their deck. The house was 1.2 miles away. My neighbor texted it to us. I downloaded the app and made a response. The cat was a different color and had alot more fur. 

Also, a lady texted us and said she just moved to the area and she works with alot of pet clinics. She said she saw his poster on Facebook. She told us to check the humane society and the nokilpet network. I think if he's lost, somebody will return him. 

My wife and I are starting to feel a little better. I think the time is dulling the pain a bit and the shock is wearing off. We tried our best to give him the best life he could have and he had a great (almost) 7 years with us.
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #52 

There have been cat's coming up missing in my neighborhood the last 4 weeks. Mom-Cat, Blackie, Cow-Cat and Cherry. And a kitten that arrived out of nowhere. My neighbor was very upset about Cherry and the kitten. Who both went missing a few days ago. There have been coyotes in the area. Well yesterday I was walking and sure enough, about a block away, there was the little kitten a few doors down from my office. I fed it, fetched the neighbor and they were so relieved to know that it somehow was still okay. And the kitten is tiny. But somehow it survived and reappeared.

Here's hoping Huckleberry is okay and resurfaces soon! But no matter what happens, we all know how much he was adored, loved, and cherished by you and yours and he gave you that back in return.

huckleberry1918

Reply with quote  #53 
We just passed the one week mark that Huckleberry has been missing. Sometime between 3:30AM and 7:00AM, he went missing. Every morning when we wake up, and my wife opens the front door to see if he;s there, I get so excited. I'm hoping some day, she'll yell "You're back Huckleberry". I get disappointed, when she opens the door, I hear nothing, and then she closes it.

Yesterday, we went out and had a few drinks and dinner We were able to deal in public with people. I know we can't help Huckleberry, but I'm focusing on self recovery now. I need to try to function. As much as I miss Huckleberry, life goes on.

If you're still out there Huckleberry, We love you and the house is always open to you.
Shark88

Reply with quote  #54 
Regardless of the outcome, continue to trust The Lord. Best to you and prayers for Huckleberry.
just_lost

Reply with quote  #55 
Hi, huckleberry 1918.  Is there any news on your beautiful boy?  I apologize for the radio silence...been a little crazy for me lately.
huckleberry1918

Reply with quote  #56 
No. There is no update on Huckleberry. The pain of his loss still hurts. Everytime I pass the front door or the back door, I open it and hope that he's there. I still tear up when I look at his pictures or when I think about him. I still remember the day we got him and how happy we were. This is going to hurt for a while. He's in his prime, and is as healthy as can be, but I think we'll never know what happened to him, unless he shows up at our door again. He was the featured pet in our county, for a week, but I didn't renew it. He's chipped and is on the registry, and all our neighbors close by, know him and they're keeping their eyes open. At this point, he's in God's hands. I hope and I pray that if he died, that he went quick and didn't suffer.
just_lost

Reply with quote  #57 
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckleberry1918
No. There is no update on Huckleberry. The pain of his loss still hurts. Everytime I pass the front door or the back door, I open it and hope that he's there. I still tear up when I look at his pictures or when I think about him. I still remember the day we got him and how happy we were. This is going to hurt for a while. He's in his prime, and is as healthy as can be, but I think we'll never know what happened to him, unless he shows up at our door again. He was the featured pet in our county, for a week, but I didn't renew it. He's chipped and is on the registry, and all our neighbors close by, know him and they're keeping their eyes open. At this point, he's in God's hands. I hope and I pray that if he died, that he went quick and didn't suffer.

"I'm sorry" is never enough, but I am.  My heart aches for you folks because I know that you ache for Huckleberry :(
huckleberry1918

Reply with quote  #58 
Thank you. His featured pet status expired at 8:20PM on Saturday. We feel that enough people know about him and he's a very smart cat. We think that at this point, if we renewed his featured pet, we would just be throwing away money. He's worth it, but we don't think it will help. I fear that he either got attacked in the woods, or he got chased and got lost. Not knowing and not being there for him to help him, are the worst feelings I've ever had. I would do anything for him if I could, but I don't think I can. 

This makes me sad, reading and writing about him.
BlairS

Reply with quote  #59 
Whenever I check my email, I'm hoping to see some good news about Huckleberry.  Makes me sad that there is nothing yet.  I know the pain of not knowing, it takes a long time to heal.

Still I would not give up hope.  Huckleberry and his family remain in my thoughts and prayers.
Jcunnane

Reply with quote  #60 
I’m still thinking good thoughts. I hope he makes a return and thinks nothing of it.

Hoping like Blair said, that there will be some good news soon.

Hugs!

Bubby's (Milo) Mommy - Always & Forever My Little Man 💜

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.