Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 12      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
just_lost

Reply with quote  #16 
Thanks for the updates and stories, huckleberry1918 - I'm glad that you're still posting.  I'm not an authority, but I believe that our animals naturally want to be outside sometimes.  That's why we installed cat doors (because we're lazy and because it gives the cats the independence to come and go as they please).  Your story reads to me like you haven't done anything unusual/out of the ordinary/bad for your babies.  I do worry about my four all the time, but I'd hate to keep them cooped up inside 24/7 so I accept the worrying.  My heart is still hurting for you folks because I know how you feel.  Please don't hesitate to post back; I like reading about your babies and I'm really hopeful for a happy Huckleberry return 😉
huckleberry1918

Reply with quote  #17 
Thank you, Just_Lost. This goes in waves. I'll feel really sad for a while, then I'll snap out of it, and try to get some work done. I'm having a tough time focusing though. I wish I could stop visualizing in my head, Huckleberry getting attacked. I think that's the worst part. I commented on your page and put a link of Huckleberry's poster in there. He looks a little like Felix. 

huckleberry1918

Reply with quote  #18 
If you passed the RainbowBridge, Huckleberry, just know that we all love you and we'll be reunited some day. I'm sorry we couldn't be there to help you. I hope you get to eat treats all day long and I'll always leave a cup of water for you by the sink and give you, you morning rub downs. I know how you love being petted.
Jcunnane

Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckleberry1918
Thank you, Just_Lost. This goes in waves. I'll feel really sad for a while, then I'll snap out of it, and try to get some work done. I'm having a tough time focusing though. I wish I could stop visualizing in my head, Huckleberry getting attacked. I think that's the worst part. I commented on your page and put a link of Huckleberry's poster in there. He looks a little like Felix. 

Hi Huckleberry1918,

I can completely relate. Not the same situation but the lack of concentration. It's horrible. I feel like a space cadet and I'm under some tight deadlines which makes the situation worse. I think about my last moments with Bubby and it just WRECKS me. I try not to but my brain just takes over. It's horrible. 

Slowly the good memories are coming but just like that something can snap me back to a sad memory.

Thinking so many positive thoughts for you, your family, and of course Huckleberry. Hope he comes trotting home like nothing has happened. 

Hugs,
Jackie

Bubby's (Milo) Mommy - Always & Forever My Little Man 💜

Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #20 

Dear Huckleberry1918,

I too am so sorry for what you are going through. I hope your beloved Huckberry shows up again soon at your home.

I have 2 stories of lost cats with happy ending. One, my sister's cat "Hopi" disappeared once from a 7 story window ledge. I warned her, but my sister did not put up any fencing or child-proof gate on the ledge and came home once and her cat was gone. She looked and looked, in the building but there was no sign of her cat. Then walked around below, trying to find her cat to no avail. She was crushed.

Around 7 WEEKS LATER, my sister was walking a few blocks away from her building at ground level on the sidewalk heading home, and lo and behold, there sits her cat under the bottom of a car. It had broken it's paw and had a limp because it had healed wrong from that severe fall, but it was still alive and well otherwise and lived for many years thereafter.

The 2nd story is regarding my ex. She had a cat named "Peanut" who ran away and disappeared in the hills of Los Angeles, where there were MANY coyotes that roamed the streets every single night. And for 3 weeks my ex (and I on occasion) roamed the streets looking for her beloved Peanut. And lo and behold, she found her cat in a house that was being constructed down below her house, 3 WEEKS LATER. So just because you may have coyote's in the area, does not mean that your cat may have already been attacked. Do not lose hope. Huckleberry might have needed to run a distance from your home one night in order to survive and has not yet found it's way home. And if Huckleberry is "friendly", he might have approached a neighbor (even a few miles away) and be staying with them right now, including indoors. So may not be visible when being searched for. It happens all the time.

So try and keep the faith my friend. It is obvious how much you love and care for your extended cat family.

Kind regards,
James

huckleberry1918

Reply with quote  #21 
Thank you. Your second story gives me hope. I also want to thank you and everyone for listening to my story. I can't talk about him without tearing up. It hurts too much. It's much easier writing about Huckleberry's situation instead. There are all types of things that could have happened but he's never stayed out for longer than 12 hours. Right now, we're on the 4th day.
huckleberry1918

Reply with quote  #22 
No sign of Huckleberry but I went to the edge of the woods behind a couple of neighbor's houses tonight and called him. When I was at one house, my neighbors cat was in their backyard, Huckleberry hangs out with this cat alot. The cat was watching me call him. At one point, I heard something move in the woods for a few seconds. It was dark and there was a bunch of brush on that spot. Anyways, I waited about 5 more minutes and kept calling and didn't hear anything. I saw the cat watching me. I went to another neighbors house and called him. About 15 minutes later, I went back to that other spot and called him and the neighbors cat came out of that spot. I didn't hear any other noises. I'm going to look there tomorrow morning when it's bright out.
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #23 

Well done. All you can do is what you are doing and have done. It's admirable that you are trying to find him. Thank you for the updating us. I will be saying a prayer for Huckleberry's safe return to you tonight. 

huckleberry1918

Reply with quote  #24 
Thank you Marmalade. I would do anything for Huckleberry and for his brother Banjo. I'll keep everybody updated if he comes back. Also, I'll let you know if I find anything tomorrow morning. It makes me feel better when I look for him.
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #25 

Sometimes as you well know in life, all we can do is our best. And looking for Huckleberry is doing your best. Again, well done. Good luck tomorrow and prayers are coming your way this evening. 

Kind regards,
James (but you can call still me Marmalade!)
huckleberry1918

Reply with quote  #26 
While I was walking in my neighbor's yard, I saw two rabbits in the yard. They both ran to the woods, very close to the spot where I heard the noise last night. I still went there and called Huckleberry but I heard nothing and there was no movement or any signs of him. I'm not giving up hope, but I'm starting to really think that he's not coming back. IT hurts to type this. I feel like I'm giving up, but I don't think I'll keep searching for him. At this point, it's in God's hands and Huckleberry's hands. I really miss him and would give all the money I have hust to see him one more time and to have him lick my hand. I can't type anymore I'm crying too much
Jcunnane

Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
While I was walking in my neighbor's yard, I saw two rabbits in the yard. They both ran to the woods, very close to the spot where I heard the noise last night. I still went there and called Huckleberry but I heard nothing and there was no movement or any signs of him. I'm not giving up hope, but I'm starting to really think that he's not coming back. IT hurts to type this. I feel like I'm giving up, but I don't think I'll keep searching for him. At this point, it's in God's hands and Huckleberry's hands. I really miss him and would give all the money I have hust to see him one more time and to have him lick my hand. I can't type anymore I'm crying too much

Hi Huckleberry1918,

Keeping you and Huckleberry in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping he comes trotting home looking at you like "Hey what's going on?? Me? Oh I was just sightseeing!"

My husband and I were just talking about how control is out of our hands after Bubby's passing. We did everything to give him the tools he needed to live. He had pet insurance, we spent well over $20k (good thing for pet insurance) on his 3 trips to the hospital, we drove hours for him, we slept and stayed with him in our spare bedroom for 6 weeks while he was recovering from bladder stone surgery. He was on prescription food. We would have done anything for him. I would have given him my kidney if I could have. But at the end of it, we said it was out of our control. If you believe in God or not, it was in the hands of a higher up. It was just his time as much as I hate saying it because I feel like we were robbed. I feel like he was robbed. I feel like our 9 month old daughter was robbed. And I especially feel like his sister Lola was robbed of her brother/littermate. BUT we did all we could for him. He was here for a purpose, even if his life was short. He brightened our lives like fireworks in the sky.

Thinking of you tons and Huckleberry. We're here for you!

Hugs,
Jackie

huckleberry1918

Reply with quote  #28 
Thank you Jackie. It's really strange how when we have pets, we stop thinking of them as pets and we think of them as regular people and family members. It's only when this happens, that we realize they actually are animals and not humans. If you have any other pets, make sure you cherish them and savor the times that you bond with them. Every morning, my wife would get up and let Huckleberry and Banjo in the house and feed them. I would take a shower, but would always leave the door slightly open, because Huckleberry would come in and wait on the sink for me to rub his neck. He would also walk back and forth on the sink and I would pet him. After a couple of minutes, he would walk over to his glass of water next to the sink and I would dump it, and give him cold water from the sink. While I would bring the glass from the fawcet to the counter, he would lick my hand for a while, then start drinking. At times I was so busy, that I would try to get out of the shower quickly and then go make coffee, since I was always in a hurry. I would try to finish in the bathroom before he got in there. Now, I wish I could have those moments back. Make sure if you have any of those bonding mioments with your pets, that you savor them. I think Huckleberry passed Rainbows Bridge and if he did, then he doesn't need to change a thing. He's the perfect cat and he never caused us a single problem. 
just_lost

Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
If you passed the RainbowBridge, Huckleberry, just know that we all love you and we'll be reunited some day. I'm sorry we couldn't be there to help you. I hope you get to eat treats all day long and I'll always leave a cup of water for you by the sink and give you, you morning rub downs. I know how you love being petted.

I just flashed back to Felix after reading this.  Hailey is too good to drink like everybody else; for years she's been putting her hands in the water cup on the bathroom sink and then licking them.  Felix noticed and he started doing it too (except he drank like a normal person instead of just batting his hands around in the water.  Damn cat Hailey.)

This is a sad post, but completely understandable and one to which many of us can relate.  Still hoping that your beautiful Huckleberry shows up.
Jcunnane

Reply with quote  #30 
Hi Huckleberry1918,

I was just saying this to someone else. How we think of these animals as "human like creatures" when they are just actually animals with a very short lifespan compared to ours but we do everything to make them live as long as we can. We have Bubby's littermate Lola. She's so very special to us but in a different way then Bubby. He was more social where Lola is the true independent kitty. Loves attention when she's ready for it.

Love your story of Huckleberry and the bathroom. I used to have to leave the door open for Bubby. If I didn't, he would stand up on his back legs and paw at the door. Luckily he really didn't use his claws or that door would have been destroyed. Bubby's favorite was neck rubs. He would lean in so hard while we were giving them to him.

I can understand wanting moments back. The last 8.5 months of Bubby's life he didn't get the attention he was used to because we had a baby girl. Bubby and Lola were the center of our lives then Avery came and she had a rough start. The kitties accommodated but I know they missed us. I wish I could have been more present for him. I look at my phone photos and there's tons of Avery the last 8.5 months and minimal of the kitties. Before Avery, it was all kitties. It breaks my heart and makes me feel so bad. I wish I had more of me to give to them during that time when their lives was turned upside down.

Sending you tons of hugs. I know it's not easy.
Jackie

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.