Forum

Author   Comment   Page 12 of 12     «   Prev   9   10   11   12
Jan_H

Reply with quote  #166 
Gosh, maybe a local TV or radio station? I understand not wanting another pet. I'm feeling the same. Just want a good outcome for little guy.
anang

Reply with quote  #167 
My heart goes out to you over and over for your Huck. You are the ultimate cat dad!

I hope that your wife will accept the tail-free cat into your home, if that is what you decide. It seems like you are already bonded to the little fellow.

Your sensitivity and kindness emanates throughout your posts.

-Katie

Reply with quote  #168 
Katie,

Our oldest cat, Nomar, passed away in 2012. Pedro passed away in 2017. Huckleberry is missing and we're assuming he got attacked by a larger animal. Our one remining cat, Banjo, almost died in April, due to blockage caused by his urine crystallizing. Banjo is our only cat left. I love cats but I can't handle it, when they die, get sick or get missing. Please understand. I'd love to help the cat, but I can't go through this again. I also can't foster a cat, because I'll want to keep him. Here's a picture of Banjo, in April, right after he got sick. Part of his paws and part of his tail was shaved. I still get really sad when I look at this picture. Thank God, he is doing well now. I only pray that he continues to do well.

banjo.jpg 

Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #169 

Dear Kevin,

It is a very personal decision to adopt another pet, after losing one, as you well know. That photo is sad but it is good to see your beloved "Banjo" nevertheless. He certainly is a fine looking lad.

I don't recall seeing a photo image of him before, although you have mentioned him many times here on the forum. Thank you for sharing.

My Marmalade did not like his forearms shaved at all. He would tear at the rubber gasket that the Animal Hospital placed over the area where his IV had been attached. It really bothered him. : /  It was one of the reasons why I felt I had to put him to sleep, he just did not want any further medical treatment. He was all done. He was finished with all of the medicines, the poking, the prodding, the injections and the man-handling by the male nurses who feared him. I felt he deserved a say in how and when he was treated or not. I owed him that much.

All best,
James
anang

Reply with quote  #170 
Thank you for your kind reply. I am so sorry if I seemed like I was pushing you into adopting another cat. My personality seems to be to strong for its own good.
Thank you for the beautiful picture of Banjo! Your kindness and love for animals is amazing.
Losing an animal is probably the worst pain in the world (I don't have or want kids, so I can't comment on that type of horrible loss.) Animals are selfless and all-forgiving and loving.
My heart is with you,
Katie

Reply with quote  #171 
By the way, Banjo is so handsome! What a gorgeous cat! He looks a tad like Ana Ng, except she had all black whiskers and the only white on her was a small patch under her chin.

Reply with quote  #172 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia_Loves_McCartney
That is so adorable that Huck would sit in his own chair around the fire, and enjoy the moment. They really are like humans and part of the family. 

I never see my animals in terms of 'it' - they're always 'who' or 'they' (or other personal pronouns).  I assign them human characteristics because (to me and others here) they're just little furry humans.  Except Brutus.  He's a 16.2-pound lug 😉
just_lost

Reply with quote  #173 
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckleberry1918
Katie,

Our oldest cat, Nomar, passed away in 2012. Pedro passed away in 2017. Huckleberry is missing and we're assuming he got attacked by a larger animal. Our one remining cat, Banjo, almost died in April, due to blockage caused by his urine crystallizing. Banjo is our only cat left. I love cats but I can't handle it, when they die, get sick or get missing. Please understand. I'd love to help the cat, but I can't go through this again. I also can't foster a cat, because I'll want to keep him. Here's a picture of Banjo, in April, right after he got sick. Part of his paws and part of his tail was shaved. I still get really sad when I look at this picture. Thank God, he is doing well now. I only pray that he continues to do well.

banjo.jpg 

Banjo is absolutely beautiful!  I know, I know... I say that about every cat I see, but I mean it.  He's such a pretty critter.  I, too, have a very difficult time when cats pass or go missing.  I'd want to keep a foster cat too because I get attached far too easily (and quickly!), so I've made my first visit to my local shelter and played with the cats for a short while.

I hope your little guy continues to do well 😉
Shark88

Reply with quote  #174 
Thoughts & prayers for Huckleberry, Banjo, and their faithful owner.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.