jimmy17
I just want to say a huge Thank You to everyone on this wonderful site for loving our special animals so much.   I don`t think I would have got through the last horrible 14 weeks without your help, support and advice. I just wish that all animals could have such loving homes and owners. 
       Sending healing, peace and hugs to you all, Jackie. x
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
Thanks Jackie.  I felt the same way and put up a similar post some time ago.  It is a truly wonderful thing Ginny has done.  I honestly don't know how I would have gotten this far without this Forum.  I am not yet where I should be but my faith in humanity has been restored finding so many wonderful, caring people from all over the world too, that always surprises me, when sitting right here I can be talking to someone a world away.

Molly left me at Thanksgiving, which will forever be changed for me now, and I suppose I should be further along with the healing process but honestly I wouldn't have made it this far without the people on this site.

I sometimes wonder what has happened to people who just naturally drift away.  I guess they came to terms with their loss and have moved on.

I'm glad you too felt the need to say Thank You to all the wonderful people who take the time to comfort those of us who need it so much.  Thanks to YOU as well for all your insightful and comforting posts.
Birthday photo.JPG 
janice
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Janice, I think we both had the dreadful loss of our babies around the same time, your beautiful Molly and my Jim. In some ways it still feels so very recent, yet I still can`t get my head around the very fact that they have both gone ahead of us to a place where they are both free of all pain and weariness.  Our precious babies have changed us forever, the time we shared with them and all the love they gave us must surely mean that we will be reunited.   I refuse to believe that I will never see Jim again, and I just know they will be there to meet us when the time comes.  This forum has renewed my faith in humanity, so many genuine people who love their little friends so much, it really has helped me so much more than I can express. 
                Jackie. x
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
Honey I know without a doubt we will be reunited with our babies some day.  I am just not good at waiting I guess.  Not sure what your or anyone's beliefs here are, but a book was recommended to me that I found reassuring for anyone who has doubts about IF they will see their babies again.  It is called "Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates" and while I am sure it is available lots of places I did find it at Amazon.

I have to believe that your Jim and Molly are having so much fun that they don't really miss us, until it is time for us to join them.  I wouldn't want to think of them missing US as much as WE miss them.
janice
Quote 0 0
LUCYLULU
Thank you Jackie for posting this. I completely & wholeheartedly agree. When @ work today, a man came in with his Golden Retriever service dog Bear. He's the trainer & told me that he & his wife will be retiring Bear this year b/c he is 8 years old. They are getting a new puppy in January. He let me pat & rub Bear-- he liked it. Or I liked it :-) But after they left, I felt like I was gonna lose it completely. One of those waves & woe moments. I snuck a look @ the forum-- on my break. Just reading a few posts centered me again. I feel so very lucky to have found this forum. Everyone is so caring, sensitive & understanding. We are all hurting. Thinking of all of the dogs/pets who crossed over the Bridge... playing together & without pain is an image that really helps in those dark times. Thank you again so much Jackie for posting & thank you to everyone here! Hugs all around, Kasey
Quote 0 0
NormaT
If there was some kind of awards for support forums then this one would surely win the top prize.
I too would have been lost virtually alone in my grief these past 4 weeks if I hadn't come here and received the acknowledgement, understanding and basic humanity that is here in abundance.
The sad thing of course is that we are all here because of our loss but it is also what binds us together and keeps this forum going. We are at different stages in our loss, shock, despair and grief. It is these experiences that makes us credible and sadly expert in being able to help new members.
I am proud to be part of this!

Norma
Norma 
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Just reading your wonderful post (Jackie) and all of the heartwarming replies, I couldn't help but think: that's exactly what this forum is all about. You're all an example of the caring support given to others even though your (our) own hearts are breaking.

Yes, this was truly an inspired idea by Ginny and the torch has been held high!

I have been involved in animal rights for years now. Poor Bailey would patiently lay on his bed in the den waiting as I typed letters, signed petitions, etc. So many stories that made me physically sick but once down that road I couldn't just quit because it was so upsetting. I can't express what it has been like to read the posts on this forum and see the outpouring of so much love for cats, dogs, parrots, and other pets as well as for those who lost them! I feel like it has restored my faith in people - even though there were so many broken hearts behind all of the stories, to know that 'so many animals' are/were so loved and cherished is truly amazing!!

Kudos to all!!

MJ
Quote 0 0
Evie123
Aw Jackie, thank you and you are so right. When we had to make that awful decision about our beautiful Molly I was so distraught and found this site and just started typing how I was feeling. I didn't read any posts at that time as I just needed to vent and wasn't expecting anything. The next day when I went back on there were some lovely messages that gave me so much comfort, especially as they were from other wonder people who were also grieving. I started reading the posts and was so touched by the love everyone on here has for their babies and wanted to give the same support back. It's been so therapeutic being able to 'talk' freely to so many of you who understand the pain. I feel blessed to have met you all and to have got to know you and your adorable babies so well. I don't know what I would have done without this wonderful forum and lovely, caring people like you Jackie, to share our experiences and grief. A huge thank you from me too to you special mums and dads. Xxx
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
Jackie, thanks for the thread and there is always room for thanks in our lives and I too have found this site to be a welcome one though some days I try to reply and just can't because the sadness of the member just hits me as hard as one of those tsunamis of grief still do.  it is truly a blessing to have a site where kindred souls who are missing their loved friends can come and talk about them, cry over missing them and remembering the good times that we have all shared with our fur-babies.  many friends and loved ones on the outside just don't seem to have time or patience to listen to us or feel awkward when we begin to cry (which is in itself a very cleansing activity and good for the soul).  my heart goes out to each and every member here and as I've said before I just wish we all could have met online under happier circumstances.  I am thankful to every single one of you who have replied to my posts, read my thoughts and even cried reading them as I have over many of the posts here.  hearing so much these days of seemingly increased animal abuse it warms the heart to read how, on the other hand, so so many wonderful innocent souls had such fantastic moms and dads to love and care for them...ok and spoil them just a wee bit.  I wish I could put into the right words just how much you all mean to me and how much you have pulled me through the very dark days after roxie's passing when I was so deeply lost in grief and to be totally honest a bit sorry for myself at the wonderful friend no longer allowing me a better quality of life.  thank you each and every one of you and many many hugs through my computer to you all!    arsine
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
denwill1310
I discovered this site nearly three and a half years ago when I lost my wonderful Welsh Pony Zorrick.  I had him since he was four years old till I had to make the unbearably painful decision to end his suffering due to problems associated with old age he was thirty three.  I put a special tribute on this forum and I received some lovely messages from people on here that were so comforting.  I have been visiting this site on and off since then.  I came back on here last week after we lost our beautiful Shetland Sheepdog Rusty last Wednesday.  Again I found comfort from others going through the same grief process.  Many thanks to Ginny for starting this superb site it provides so much help and advice.
denise
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Thanks to everyone for all these wonderful comments, it really is so uplifting to know so many people feel the same way about our little friends. As Norma said, if awards could be given, then this forum certainly deserves the top one.   Society seems to think you should not grieve so much for a beloved animal the same way as we grieve for family members, yet for a lot of us here our animals ARE our family, they are with us constantly for most of their lives and deserve to be mourned in the same way.     That is why this forum is such a valuable help, here we can express how deeply we feel the loss of our babies, without judgement or being seen to be overly sentimental. 
 I so wish we could all meet up someday to share all our memories, and to raise a toast to Ginny for the invaluable help we have all found here. Thank you all again,
                  Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
Thanks Jackie for the post. I too feel the same way. I could not have begun to get through a month without Sadie without everyone's support. Everyone is wonderful here . It is so nice to know our babies were so loved. I wish we all could of met when our babies were with us! I am glad we have each other, all over the world.
Hugs to all
Tammy
Quote 0 0
WILCO
I posted about losing my Ruby a few days ago and received some very kind words. I, too, feel this place to be quite understanding and receptive. 

Although I am nowhere near the person I was when Ruby was alive, I seek places like this and sit quietly in my church asking God "Why?"

Always know you're never alone here. 
Quote 0 0
jonancy
I lost my baby Scooter suddenly13 months ago. He was the love of my husband and my lives for 12 short years. I miss him to this day and I don't know where I'd be withouth this forum. The understanding and comfort I've gotten here has been a blessing. One week after he died I was told by someone they cannot believe I'm still grieving, some people just don't understand and I'm so grateful for everyone here. I may not write to everyone, but I read and understand everyone's grief. As Wilco said, you are not alone here. I too asked God why? I never got an answer, I instead became a very angry person who is now recovering due to this forum.

Take care,
Jonancy... Scooter's Mama
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Wilco, I think that when we lose our animals they take a piece of our hearts with them. I know I`ll never be the same person I was when we had Jim, which is why this site is so helpful. We`re all feeling the deep sense of loss - everyone understands the grief we feel. 

Jonancy, I just can`t believe how insensitive some people can be over the loss of an animal. I had someone I considered a good friend - who knew how much Jim meant to me - turn around and say `If you miss him that much, go right out and get another`.  As if he could be replaced so easily.
  I love Scooters photo, such a gentle little face,  and I  am sorry you lost him so suddenly.  It is absolutely devastating when we lose them
                                                       Hugs, Jackie

J Taylor
Quote 0 0