Mouflesmama Show full post »
Mistysmama
It's lovely -that picture of Moufle's paw-prints on your deck. I still have Misty's "dog sticks" out front by the gate, where she would deposit them every time she came back from a walk carrying one, she would add it to the pile. Some are broken now. I try to piece them together, NO-ONE is allowed to move them!
I also have precious muddy paw-prints on the door-sill of the passenger side of my car, where Misty must have leaped up to the passenger seat when we had been for a walk in the rain. I never intend to wash them. And because they are protected when the door is closed, rain won't wash them away either. I would rather have those dog-sticks and those muddy paw prints than a diamond necklace.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
heartsick
Through all of our grief and this roller coaster path of grief we are all on together -
I can promise you this absolutely - Moufle knows how very much she is loved and she loves you
the same as you love her.
When we lose someone we love we don't stop loving them.
LOVE NEVER DIES.
As Mistysmama says loves keeps expanding and growing.
It truly does.
Come here and write to us whenever you need to.
We are all here for you.
You are in my thoughts.
Susan
Quote 0 0
Mouflesmama
Thank you so much everyone. It means to much that there are others who are protecting paw prints!! Unfortunately I rent an apt now so I will need to leave them behind at some point. I have decided to get a tattoo (no I don't have any already) of 2 paw prints just above my knees. That is where her front paws lay when we sat together, as we did every single day of my life for 19 years and 13 days. Then I will feel comforted every time I relax on the couch to read each night with my tea.

Buttercat's mom - my heart breaks for you. I know exactly how you feel. I am still struggling with the guilt and hope that we both find peace somehow.

I am off to work again. Thank goodness it is a 3 day weekend. I am going to get Moufle's residency looking right. And hopefully I will get her ashes also, and create a space for them in my home. She will be with me always.

Heartfelt gratitude to all here.
Cathy
“If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever”
~Winnie the Pooh
Quote 0 0