Cando
My Rosie passed away on Monday of this week. She had so many seizures that day a total of 19. She lost her eyesight and couldn’t walk . She was only 3 years old . We would call her our little girl. So we had to put her to sleep. My wife and I have cried every night this week. When does the pain stop and how do you deal with it. We are having hard time. I work sometimes late at night . Wouldn’t get home until 2 am. But right in my bed was my little girl waiting on me to come home . Her little tail wagging. She would move right up against me with her big butt ( Hahahaha ) I would say “ Rosie give me room! ( Wife would laugh) I tried to move her . But all I would get is growling. I would say “ Oh stop!” Her little tail wagging . Then she would look at me her black eyes . And fall to sleep. It’s hard guys. I don’t know how to move forward. The 2nd Photo is her best friend Tony our husky. He is having a hard time also. He goes to the door looking for her . Hoping that she comes inside
Quote 0 0
pannklaus
I know how hard it is to lose your precious Rosie and the difficulty when you had to make the final decision to put her to sleep.  You did a loving thing by letting Rosie go which took away her suffering from her medical problems.  Now you are at the beginning stages of grieving.    Everything you describe is typical of the grief that occurs when we lose our fur babies  who we loved so much.  There are no answers to when the pain stops because it is different for everyone.  And there is no magical answer for how to get through it. But you are in a group with people who understand what you are going through.  We are all here because we have lost a special pet and are in the grieving process.  We can grieve with you; that is all that we have to offer.
Patsy
Quote 0 0
jerigraehl
I lost my precious Khaomanee Sunday of this week. He was a Tonkinese cat which are so smart and affectionate and interactive and very dog like. He got very sick and I chose to let him go instead of trying to further prolong his life and suffering in the hopes he would revive and be with me longer. I made the choice based on his likely further suffering and his age of 15. He just turned 15 this month. It literally broke my heart so I am right there with you. All I do is cry and I have not eaten since he got sick the prevouis Friday. I too lost pets early like you - age 4 and 7 and that is a special kind of heart break. Then there is also a special kind when you lose a pet you have been with day and night for 15 long years. I feel so empty.  I am so sorry about Rosie. You had absolutely no choice. God or Nature made it for you. I don't know if you were with her at the end - I was. When they die in your arms the pain is indescribable. It is a personal choice. I too wish this grief would stop as it is just unbearable. I have no one else in my life - I am divorced with no family so this is such a huge loss for me. There is the Monday candle lite vigil on this site. I signed up last mon but I am in Calif and I thought 9pm was the same here. So check that if you do it. I think it may help you. I am going to do it this coming Monday night - I guess 8pm calif time. You are not alone. This site has helped me more than anything. I keep coming to it for support. Jeri
jerigraehl
Quote 0 0
Cando
Thank you so much. It’s one of the hardest things that happened. I’m still crying. I will never forget one time we had cold weather. It must have been 10 degrees outside. It was 2:30 in the morning. Rosie had to do her business. Well she ran out very quick . did what she had to do. And ran right back in to her little bed. I had to cover her with her blanket ( Hahahaha) Crying right now . Thanks for the help I’m so sorry about your lost .
Quote 0 0