fmarshall
I had posted a few days ago,we had to give away our yellow lab of 8 years.we live in a condo its a long story. i still have our other dog mikka a husky. But Clemson was more my dog. he went to a loving home he was a 7year old boys christmas gift. of course the only thing i wanted out of this was to get his collar back i keep all my dogs collars with a nice picture to remember, well that was thrown out. I am just finding it hard to deal with, i know we still have a dog, and i know he is still finishing his life just with another family.I read the other posts here and feel sooo sorry for those of you that have lost your animals, and i do not want to sound selfish. i guess i am just looking for some other stories or something i thought this would be easy but between the feelings of jealousy, and the awfull pit in my belly,it's alot harder to top it off he only lives 2 miles away near my youngest sons daycare.
Quote 0 0
misscandy77

I wanted to respond to you because even though your dog is not passed, he is still missing and I'm sure you miss his presence.  I hope that your family can still visit, I know it might be better to let him get adjusted to his new family, but he should still know you care so he doesn't feel abandoned. It's sad when circumstances of life make you have to make such a difficult choice.  I just think if more people thought of pets as family then there wouldn't be so many rules.  You wouldn't hear of an HOA making trouble and threatening you if your toddler was acting up.  What a sad decision.  I lost my dog suddenly and am devastated by the loss.  I hope that your dog is happy and you take peace in that, but I know everywhere you look you will see him because a loss is a loss whether by death or circumstance.

Quote 0 0