Memories_of_Marmalade

Greetings Everyone,

I posted this comment on another thread, but I believe it is worthy of its own topic and possibly more in-depth discussion.

All best,
James

-------------------------------------------------------------

How our Grief, Sorrow, Sadness, Depression, Guilt & Regret May Scare Away Our Pets Spirit

In my own extensive research of the paranormal and spiritual experiences, and my personal / firsthand experiences, I have found that severe grief can scare away our lost loved ones from visiting us, as they can misinterpret what we are feeling. They can mistakenly believe that they are causing our grief, sadness, sorrow, guilt and regret and they don't want to hurt us. So their spirit can depart or stay away.

Think about it, our pets never, ever wanted us to be sad, depressed, angry or frustrated. They wanted us to be happy, joyous and content. They saw that as their job. Their responsibility. To cheer us up each time we saw them. To entertain us even. To make us laugh. So if they visit us in spirit, and we don't react positively and just continue to suffer, they may misinterpret that as their being the cause. They are not used to us not cheering up in their presence.

I noticed this occur when I picked up my cat Marmalade's ashes. I was expecting to feel absolutely nothing. I was calm, lucid and focused. But there was an energy around the ashes. I could feel something distinctly present around them. By the time I got back to where my cat and I resided, the energy was so, so strong, I felt that I was about to me lifted off of my feet. I held the ashes as I looked at photos and videos of Maramade, but I broke down and wept and wept, and as I did the energy faded. Until it completely dissipated and vanished.

To this day, over 15 weeks after his departure, when I remain calm, grateful, humbled and am at peace, I can feel my cat Marmalade's spirit much better and clearer. He is present. I can feel him all around me. 

So I believe we should all be mindful of this possibility.

All my best regards,
James

Quote 0 0
anang

I think that your theory holds a lot of weight. Think of it this way: have you ever been around a friend who all the sudden starts sobbing uncontrollably and blabbers on about something that kind of makes sense, but in their moment, they can't fully explain. It's like, you know they are not in 911 distress, but some emotional thing, that is very real to them, is taking over their body. It can be frightening, and typically causes us to recoil in order to regroup our sanity. 

In their own death process, our furry babies go through a lot, more than we know. I like to think that it's all a positive experience, but even so, it must me a little strange for them. Animals, and humans, are very tactile, auditory, gustatory, verbal and visual beings. They are used to being around their "owners" who treat them with love and respect, even if they come home irked from a bad day at work, etc. So if after our beloved passes over and goes through this metamorphosis into the afterlife (for lack of a better word) and then they come back around in spirit and see us sobbing, not taking care of ourselves, going off on verbal tangents, yelling to ourselves, wearing our nightgown for 80 hours straight while eating Ben & Jerry's and binge watching Jerry Springer, they probably would not be so inclined to want to grace us with their spiritual presence. I am hypersensitive to a fault, and I do break out in tears quite often when I think of my girl Anna Ng. But I have found that when I'm able to be calm and reflective and grounded, I can actually feel her presence.

Find a way to honor your furry baby that is unique to you and them. It could be as simple as picking up a stray penny and gifting it to your beloved animal, or drinking that first sip of your coffee in their honor.

These are just my thoughts. If I can help someone else who's in that horribly empty, yet terrifyingly painful realm of pain, I will always do my best.

-Katie

K. Unger
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Katie,

Thank you, as always, for your invaluable observations and input.

I think people somehow expect to see their pets who have passed away as appartitions or something. As if their pets will have little wings and a halo over their heads, and appear as a visible ghost. And speak to them directly and say "I love you and miss you." When documented paranormal activity is often very, very, very subtle.

As you know, it is more about feeling a breeze, or the hairs on your arm and/or neck standing up. Or smiling to yourself for no reason. The temperature changing indoors where you used to reside with your lost pet. A sound in the night. Seeing something from the corner of your eye. It is inexplicable. 

Same goes for God. People think they will see or encounter God as if he is some old man, with a long white beard sitting on a marble throne. God is also inexplicable. A mystery. An enigma. Beyond our comprehension. God speaks to us, teaches us, motivates us, through ways that we can not even understand. This too has been discussed and taught for thousands of years throughout human history.

People, for the most part are cynical, lazy, doubting, and critical. But A majority of the population senses that there is something more. There IS more to this Universe than we know.To me this points to a higher, benevolent power. I've seen it. I've witnessed it firsthand. Again, and again and again. 

As I've written, I am not certain that there is an afterlife. That I will ever see my beloved Marmalade again. But I do know that for a time, I experienced paradise on Earth with his loving presence. And I am grateful for the time that I was allotted with him. As you are grateful for the time you experienced with your beloved cat Ana NG.

Kind regards,
James
Quote 1 0
JinglesMom
Memories_of_Marmalade wrote:

Greetings Everyone,

I posted this comment on another thread, but I believe it is worthy of its own topic and possibly more in-depth discussion.

All best,
James

-------------------------------------------------------------

How our Grief, Sorrow, Sadness, Depression, Guilt & Regret May Scare Away Our Pets Spirit

In my own extensive research of the paranormal and spiritual experiences, and my personal / firsthand experiences, I have found that severe grief can scare away our lost loved ones from visiting us, as they can misinterpret what we are feeling. They can mistakenly believe that they are causing our grief, sadness, sorrow, guilt and regret and they don't want to hurt us. So their spirit can depart or stay away.

Think about it, our pets never, ever wanted us to be sad, depressed, angry or frustrated. They wanted us to be happy, joyous and content. They saw that as their job. Their responsibility. To cheer us up each time we saw them. To entertain us even. To make us laugh. So if they visit us in spirit, and we don't react positively and just continue to suffer, they may misinterpret that as their being the cause. They are not used to us not cheering up in their presence.

I noticed this occur when I picked up my cat Marmalade's ashes. I was expecting to feel absolutely nothing. I was calm, lucid and focused. But there was an energy around the ashes. I could feel something distinctly present around them. By the time I got back to where my cat and I resided, the energy was so, so strong, I felt that I was about to me lifted off of my feet. I held the ashes as I looked at photos and videos of Maramade, but I broke down and wept and wept, and as I did the energy faded. Until it completely dissipated and vanished.

To this day, over 15 weeks after his departure, when I remain calm, grateful, humbled and am at peace, I can feel my cat Marmalade's spirit much better and clearer. He is present. I can feel him all around me. 

So I believe we should all be mindful of this possibility.

All my best regards,
James

Dear James,

This is a very interesting topic you have presented here, and I could not agree with you more on your thoughts on this much discussed subject. So often I have heard that the spirits of our beloved pets find it very difficult and next to impossible to get through when there is such deep sadness and grief. The only time that premise did not hold true was on my first night back home from the animal hospital after having to say such a sad and unexpected goodbye to my beloved kitty Jasper, who was only seven yars old. I was completely wracked with sobs and my tears would not stop. I could hardly catch my breath, and I was laying there in bed feeling my heart literally breaking in two when all of a sudden it happened.

I felt my Jasper jump up onto my bed as he always used to, and I even saw the imprints of his paws on the sheets, and I don't know if he just did not realize where he was supposed to go, or if he was somehow still here in a world he did not belong to anymore, or if my incredible love for him broke all the boundaries, and allowed him to find his way back to me for those few minutes to give me just a little bit of comfort from the unbelievable pain and despair of losing him. I will never know, but for those few fleeting moments, he was right there with me, and I am forever grateful that he was able to find his way back home to give me that little bit of peace in my heart that I needed more than ever before. I would never have believed it if I had not seen it with my own eyes. A figment of my imagination in the deepest throes of my grief, I think not, as I was totally awake, lucid, and completely aware of my surroundings.

I was writing a letter to my darling Jingles about a month after his passing, and it was very late at night and all was quiet and still, and then out of the blue I heard it, a meow as clear as day. It was his meow, and I would know that anywhere, after seventeen wonderful years together, there is no way that I could mistake that dear and special meow. My heart literally felt like it was going to burst with joy, because I knew without a doubt that he was here. right here with me, even for just a little while. I  felt his presence all around me, what a lovely and warm comfort that was to my battered heart and soul, to know that death is not the end. The veil is very thin for those who love with such depth and intensity, and for those who know a love that knows no bounds. Again I will say it, the bond cannot be broken and the love never ends, it just keeps getting stronger.

I do know that sometimes our dear little ones may visit but we do need to be open and aware, and we do need to connect the dots. As you wrote James, sometimes the signs can be so subtle that we may not even notice them, but when we put all the pieces together, Voila the puzzle is solved. I remember reading a pet loss story when I was thinking about my dear boy Jingles, and seeing the sign off of the writer just gave me chills, in a good way, because he ended his poignant story about the love of his cat with the phrase "Many Jingles to You". Coincidence, I think not.

Then there was the time at the pet store, and a customer came in with a beautiful tabby cat that looked just like my Jingles, and our eyes met and I could not take my gaze off of him, it was as though I knew him, and he did not take his eyes off of me either. Then when I asked the lady what his name was, I was almost blown away as the words came out of her mouth and she said "His name is Jasper". So many times the stars align, and things happen exactly as they are supposed to at just the right moment in time. There are no coincidences in my opinion, everything happens for a reason, and whatever is meant to be will always find a way. So in a little pet store, everything came together at just right the time so there would be absolutely no question about who it was coming back to help bring all those tiny broken pieces of my heart back together again.

I loved reading your story about picking up the ashes of your wonderful Marmalade and that you were able to feel his beautiful spirit and energy so strongly. Once your emotions took over, that energy faded, as your sweet boy never wants you to be sad. You are so right that we must be mindful of this possibility that any negative energy may almost feel like a barrier to them coming through, but when we are filled with the joy and the pure love they gave us, it makes their journey back to us so much easier, and they can ride on the waves and the frequency of our positivity. I suppose I may be getting "out there" right about now, but it is an interesting theory. Please forgive me if I am rambling, but this topic just inspires me and I am so passionate that everyone should know that by being receptive and aware, that they are making it so much easier for their lost loved ones to break through that curtain. 

Then there is also something called synchronicity which I am sure so many are aware is the simultaneous occurrence of events in a meaningful manner, so often that will happen. A picture of our beloved pet may fall off the wall suddenly, and then all of a sudden the song we used to listen to with them will come on, or a butterfly will appear out of nowhere, and will land on our shoulder as a beautiful flower petal gently wafts down upon us. They always know just what to do, and they always have such perfect timing. Thank you again James for another wonderful and thought provoking post which will allow so many of us to stay open, aware, and ready.

Our sweet little ones are still so close, and I truly believe that they are as close as us calling out their name. They want that, they need us as much as we need them, and death is not the end, it is only the beginning of a new relationship, but we have to believe with all our hearts. I believe. Don't ever let the sadness, the guilt, and the regrets take over and keep them away, feel the joy, feel the love, open that window, and let them come back in. Take care James, your writings are so very special, and your guidance to us all is truly a gift. Hugs, Pamela

Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 1 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Hi Pamela,

Thank you once again for your poignant and insightful response.

You wrote:

"I felt my Jasper jump up onto my bed as he always used to."

The night before last Marmalade visited me again and walked across the comforter we used to share twice.

And you wrote:

"I was writing a letter to my darling Jingles about a month after his passing, and it was very late at night and all was quiet and still, and then out of the blue I heard it, a meow as clear as day. It was his meow, and I would know that anywhere.

Very early this morning the same happened to me. One, very clear meow from my boy Marmalade. It was as clear as day and woke me up. He had not meowed in a few weeks, so it was nice to hear.

In keeping with my original post above, I think the reason why some of our lost beloved's visit in quiet times, or when we are sleeping or about to sleep is we are peaceful and not grieving as hard for a time. So they don't need to be as concerned that they are causing our grief, sadness, despair, depression, anger, guilt or regret.

Kind regards,
James

Quote 0 0
JJHolmes
I look at it in a little different way. I do not think their spirits are scared away by our grief, etc. I think our grief and sorrow get in our way of being able to feel the presence of our pets. They will be near us, but we will not feel it because we are so full of sorrow and grief that we are unable to feel anything else.

For example, our cat, Princess, died last year. My daughter was very upset and was crying in her bed the night after. I went in and sat down and attempted to comfort her. I could "feel" that Princess was present near my daughter and was softly pawing at my daughter's hair and shoulder. I was telling my daughter this, but she was too upset to feel anything but sadness. She did believe that was something Princess would probably do.

JJ
Quote 0 0
COOKIES4
THANK YOU FOR THIS IT MAKES SENSE AS I AM VERY SPIRITUAL MY SPARKY SPIRIT PRECIOUS FEATHER BABY COCKATIEL BIRDIE PASSED AWAY ON DECEMBER 28TH OF 2017 TWENTY MONTHS AGO HE WAS BORN FEBRUARY 14TH OF 1989 AND WAS 28 YEARS AND TEN AND A HALF MONTHS OLD AND I AM ENGULFED IN SADNESS AND GRIEF DO NO SLEEP DRIVE OR BARELY EAT HAVE HAD NO AIR BEEN INSIDE NO SUN AND VERY CRIPPLED WITH OSTEOARTHRITIS THANKS FOR HELPING ME HERE ARE PHOTOS OF SPARKY
Quote 0 0