FishChris
Only to break down all over again ??? 

Yesterday morning I cried my eyes out..... But then later, went on to have a long, busy work day... made good $$$, talked with a lot of nice people, and I don't think I shed another tear.... Not that I didn't think about our beautiful Sadie Mae throughout the day, in fact, it would be hard not to, as I have a photo of her and my GF (okay, I always say, two of my GF's 😉 in my car, at the top of the windshield. But I guess I was just busy... distracted with work.

So this morning, I sit down at my PC, and really start thinking about our loss, and now I'm crying again :( So weird how this works.

Not sure why I would even ask this. I kind of know without asking.... Really just thinking out loud I guess.

Sadie 2 sm.jpg 
Animal lover and photographer
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Yes. "Grief Cycling." One of the most difficult aspects of the grieving process. Same with me and so many here. I feel okay, like I am going to make it through, and then I cycle back into overwhelming and deep grief. 

Thank you for sharing your perspective and observations. They are vital to this community. And thank you for sharing yet another delightful photo of your girl Sadie Mae.

All best,
James
Quote 0 0
FishChris
Thank you James. Ya' know, for being such a self-described oddball, with so many other aspects of life... I guess my grieving over a lost furry loved one, is pretty much exactly the same as most of you.....
Animal lover and photographer
Quote 0 0
pannklaus
Yes, I think most of us here go through that over and over.  It can occur during a single day. Then it can happen when it appears that things are getting better and the whole cycle of grief starts over again.  Then there may be a long period when it seems like the severe grief is gone and suddenly something brings it up again.  There are some people here who are away from the forum for a long time and then something triggers things and they come back to the forum again for support.  The grieving process is somewhat unique to each person but there are things about it that are extremely common among many of us.  This forum is always here when it is needed and people can drop in and out as  they wish.
Patsy
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Spot observations once again my dear Patsy.

It is like someone posted here on the forum about "grief being like the tides." That at times grief ebbs and flows around your legs, and you can still stand, and then grief rises up to your neck and you believe that you may not be able to breath, and then grief completely overcomes you, and pulls you down under a wave and knocks you off your feet.

I suppose, as I've posted, the trick (or the goal) is to just try and ride it out. Let it pass over you. Tread water, or if you need to hold your breath for a bit, or pace your breathing for as long as you can and then wait for the tide of grief to recede. That's all any of us can do.

"This too shall pass."

Hugs,
James

Quote 0 0
f_defillo1
After a month of grieving I feel the same. I have my ok days and my sad days. I miss our dog like heck, to many memories shared with the little troublemaker in less than the year he spent with us. Not sure ready to adopt another pet to fill the void. Some days I feel it may help, other days I feel it might be worse if it doesnt work out. Afraid of losing another pet again and going through this process.
Quote 0 0
Jasper7
Your not alone , my day will b going good ,then all of a sudden I remember he's gone and I break down again it's barely going to b a month that he's been gone but it feels like yesterday😩😢
Quote 0 0
Jasmines_Mom
"Grief is like the ocean; it comes in waves, ebbing and flowing.  Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming.  All we can do is learn to swim." - Vicki Harrison

Every day feels like an eternity for me and I'm trying to learn how to swim.  Just take it one step at a time and do what you need to do to take care of yourself.  Don't be afraid to cry.
I miss you every minute of every day, my sweet baby Jasmine.
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Yes! Thank you Jasmines_Mom for researching, finding and posting that original quote about grief being like the ocean by Vicki Harrison. Credit should be given where it is due!

All my best,
James
Quote 0 0
creole54
I'm so glad to read this today.  I had almost begun to feel like I was going to be ok, that the worst of the storm had passed, then last night I broke down, sobbing hysterically, unable to get a breath.  Today I've been very irritable and weepy, and was wondering what in the world is wrong with me?  It's been almost 4 weeks.  I hadn't thought about 'grief cycling'.  It's not that I'm glad that other people are feeling grief, too, but I'm glad that it's not unheard of for it to ebb and flow like this.
Teri Milbourn
Quote 0 0
DogNana
FishChris wrote:
Only to break down all over again ??? 

Yesterday morning I cried my eyes out..... But then later, went on to have a long, busy work day... made good $$$, talked with a lot of nice people, and I don't think I shed another tear.... Not that I didn't think about our beautiful Sadie Mae throughout the day, in fact, it would be hard not to, as I have a photo of her and my GF (okay, I always say, two of my GF's 😉 in my car, at the top of the windshield. But I guess I was just busy... distracted with work.

So this morning, I sit down at my PC, and really start thinking about our loss, and now I'm crying again :( So weird how this works.

Not sure why I would even ask this. I kind of know without asking.... Really just thinking out loud I guess.

Sadie 2 sm.jpg 

Your girl, Sadie Mae was beautiful and I’m so sorry that she had to leave you. 💔

It’s been almost 9 months since I lost my Oscar and I still go through times of crying. You’re not alone. I think we all go through. Keeping busy helps.
Oscar, always Mommy’s Boy, forever in my ❤️ 
Quote 0 0
f_defillo1
This cycle of grief sucks. I enjoy expressing to my wife and daughter, but hard with other family members. They ask if Im ready to adopt another pet, and after a month Im not ready yet. At some point we're going to take the leap and adopt, but as of now is better to take our time and grief properly. Bless you all for your loss, you're not alone, and take it one day at a time.
Quote 0 0
Dakota13
My worst moment is when my head hits the pillow and I have time to think. The same thing goes through my mind. I should never have had to choose his date of death. That’s the hardest. I have to remind myself that the kisses he was giving me that day was probably thanking me for being such a good mom and that he would be healthy once again.
Quote 0 0
f_defillo1
I agree, worst times are when I have time to think, with head on pillow, when Im at rest and have time to think of the what ifs and the good moments.
Quote 0 0
Ozmakitten
It feels like whenever there are silent moments alone. . . Driving, showering, waking up etc are sometimes the hardest.
Angela
Quote 0 0