deano

Just lost one of our dogs last Thursday. 9 yr Buff cocker. Is it too early to get another? How long do we wait? We loved her so much, and we have another.

Quote 0 0
Leigh
Only you know if it's too early or not.  If it feels right, do it...if not, wait awhile.
We got another furbaby a month ago.  Mary had been gone 3 months.  We didn't plan on getting another dog until I just couldn't stand to be so alone so much of the time. 
Annie has worked out perfectly for us.
My sister got 2 dogs 4 days after her dog was put to sleep.  She said it was too soon for her; she needed more time to grief her baby.
My sympathy for losing your baby...and good luck for finding a furbaby.

Quote 0 0
judylinn

So sorry for the loss of your furbaby. You will know when the time is right, but if its too soon, or to replace the grieving, then sometimes, it can be quite hard, on both the animal and you.  let yourself grieve, and trust your intuition

Quote 0 0
tikibarb
You will know when it is the right time.  I started looking on Petfinder very soon after I lost my beloved Ted.  I didn't really think I would get another right away but when I saw precious Pippin, I couldn't help myself.  I think it was about 5 weeks after losing my most beloved Ted if I remember right.  He is a puppy mill rescue, toy poodle.  Smaller than I thought I would ever have too, but I just love him.  He was 9 weeks old and 2-1/2lb when I got him.  He is 16 weeks and 7 lb now.  You can follow my journey on Ted's page if you like.  There are a lot of emotions that go along with losing a beloved pet and then bringing another into the family.  I felt a connection with Pippin when I saw him and even though there were some raw emotions I am happy that I decided to adopt him.  Best of luck whatever you decide...I am very sorry about your loss.
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
Polly
It's true that you know when the time is right, so follow your instincts. It took me a year until I was ready following the death of my precious Casper, but I now have Harry (3 months) and Lily (6 months) and I wouldn't be without them!

Best wishes.

Polly
Quote 0 0
Hossenfeffer
i'm so sorry for your loss... we lost our 1 year old lab, rose, on nov 8th (hit and run).  we were all so miserable that i insisted on a new puppy on the 13th.  the new baby was just 6 1/2 weeks old.  my son loves her but still cries for rose at night. i cry for rose everyday.  this new puppy is so different.  she is now 8 weeks. (i joke that she is still young enough to sell.) we cannot even agree on name -  another sign that we rushed in!

please take your time - our loss was so sudden i think we needed more time to grieve.

good luck and i hope you make the right decision for your whole family  :)

Quote 0 0