MissingScooty
Just curious how everyone is doing with eating. It's been 2 1/2 months since my dog passed...and my appetite is off and on. Some times I will skip a meal without even noticing! Other times I find comfort in chocolate (and trying not to overdo that, for obvious reasons). When I am on a "wave" of grief, I usually feel nauseous so don't eat much at that time. Oh and there are some days I want to drink alcohol, but after two drinks I generally just fall asleep.
Missing and loving Scooter Forever
- Melissa
Quote 0 0
Purzel
I find myself overdoing or not eating at all. Sometimes I want to start a meal during the day with Max favorite sausage and I cry. I drink too much beer these days to just do what you said - fall asleep.
Silvia (with Max forever in my heart)

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
RileysMom
Hi Melissa,

Hmm...well... At first I could hardly eat at all. I just didn’t even want food, I didn’t care if my stomach was growling or anything. But the last few days... Terrible! Absolutely terrible! So much junk food. I’ve been eating potato chips, chocolate, mochi ice cream things from Trader Joe’s. It’s been awful, and my stomach is paying the price for it.

Ugh... the awful truth comes out...
Val
—Loving Riley, Rosy & Axl always 🐾

Quote 0 0
Fiona_W
Before my two cats, a brother-sister pair, died suddenly in autumn of last year—two cats dead in 6 weeks! unbelievable!—I had been conquering my obesity one day at a time, and had lost 120 pounds. Now I'm off my diet. My crushing grief is making me crave sweets, so I'm starting to gain back the weight I fought so hard to lose. I HAVE to get back on my diet!
Quote 0 0
MissingScooty
Thanks for sharing...everything I read says "eat healthy" especially when you are grieving i.e. fruits, veggies, non-processed food. Well, in general all I want is junk, when I do eat. Guilty!
Also I can't get myself to eat eggs - it was one of Scooter's favorite things and last things I got him to eat :(  And I really like eggs...
- Melissa
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Fast food. I'm eating too much fast food. I'm supposed to eat heart healthy. But during the anticipatory grieving, I kept feeling so nauseated. So I can be grateful that isn't happening now.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
ForMitookie_03
Melissa,

When Mitookie first passed away, I couldn't eat at all.  Then I started eating my feelings.  I try really hard to eat healthy but all that has gone out the window with my "I'm hurting and I don't care" attitude.  Today is Monday and I vowed to get back on track with the healthy eating.  Day one - check.  I went to the gym yesterday but couldn't muster it up today.  Baby steps. 

Hugs,

Marina
Marina ~ Mitookie's Mom
Quote 0 0
TheCatLady
Hi- eating is definitely difficult. It’s hard not to wallow and just eat junk. Luckily because I’m at work most days I’m limited in what I can indulge in, but I do treat myself more often now. And I can’t sit at the dinner table,because it makes me sad.
As everyone has pointed out- baby steps I suppose.
Take care
Quote 0 0
Fiona_W
It comforts me to hear that I'm not the only person whose healthy eating has gone out the window during this devastating grief. Yesterday I did my exercises and refrained from sweets, but today I'm off the wagon again. Darn it! I just need to tell myself, "Baby steps." =sigh=
Quote 0 0
MissingScooty
So glad I am not alone in this...I had a delicious chicken salad with avocados and boiled egg on top today for lunch. Yaaay! Baby steps, like we are all saying. I know I need to start walking more. I walked my dog a lot! and now, my only walking is to and from the car. When it was very cold here my boyfriend and I did a few laps at the mall, once a week - two times. He said I can go to the gym with him any time for free as his guest. Sigh I hate gyms and would rather be out in nature hiking but that reminds me so much of my dog...
- Melissa
Quote 0 0
MissingScooty
Fiona_W wrote:
Before my two cats, a brother-sister pair, died suddenly in autumn of last year—two cats dead in 6 weeks! unbelievable!—I had been conquering my obesity one day at a time, and had lost 120 pounds. Now I'm off my diet. My crushing grief is making me crave sweets, so I'm starting to gain back the weight I fought so hard to lose. I HAVE to get back on my diet!

Fiona that is fantastic about the 120 pounds...you can get back on the wagon. I know it's hard while grieving. My BF lost 25 pounds but since my dog passed he has been up and down with the weight....Same with me.

- Melissa
Quote 0 0
COOKIES4
USING CAPS LOW VISION. I LOST MY SPARKY FEATHER BABY COCKATIEL 12/28/2017. WE HAD 29 AMAZING BLESSED YEARS. HE TALKED, SHARED OUR KIFE WITH US, SMART AS A 4 YEAR OLD. HIS BIRTHDAY WAS THIS PAST 2/14/2018. I CRY EVERYDAY. HIS PASSING WAS SUDDEN, HE WAS NOT SICK.BEING THE COUSIN OF THE BIG WHIFE COCKATOO, HE HAD AMAZING LONGEVITY. I AM SMALL UNDER 5' WEIGHT 90 AT BEST, PETITE, FOOD NEVER BEING IMPORTANT TO ME. WHEN DEPRESSED AS I AM VERY MUCH NOW I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT FOOD. PLEASE SAY PRAYERS FOR SPARKY. JOAN AND JIM, SPARKY'S MOMMY AND DADDY.
Quote 0 0
catiebee
I have added a new favorite food group that I probably haven't had in my apartment for a year and a half or more: chocolate.  Right or wrong, I bought a stash and am working my way through it.

*sigh*
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
MissingScooty
Catie oh yes chocolate! There is nothing like it....a fine piece of chocolate (or even a cheap one sometimes) almost always soothes my pain for a few minutes. Not sure why 😉
- Melissa
Quote 0 0
catiebee
;)

Hope today goes well for you, Melissa.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0