nocnie
How do I forgive myself that I didn't go to the vet sooner. That I thought I could wait a little. Why didn't I go sooner. I think Lucfky has forgiven me but how do I forgive myself. 

I feel like I failed her so badly. I did/do love her. I miss her. I blame myself that she is gone. 

How do I get through this?
Quote 0 0
mybaby1robert
If there is one thing we all have in common here is that we blame ourselves for things.  We did too much ..we did too little...we left them alone.  But we loved them more then anything.  We miss them forever and we are better humans because of them.  You will suffer this guilt and there is little anyone can say to stop it.  I think we all have it.  Time will help but it never completely goes away because we love them.  Peace to you friend.  Lucky is with my Robert and they are waiting on us.  

Roberts Mom
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
We all feel guilt about our furangels.  They are so innocent and it is our job to protect them, but we can only do the best we can.  I, too, feel such guilt for not taking my girl to the vet sooner.  Would it have mattered?  Was she in pain?  Why didn't I know?  Even the vet said she would be okay only to leave me the next day.  Guilt is one of the hardest emotions we feel, yet we all seem to feel it no matter the circumstances....guilt if they are run over, guilt if they have a disease, guilt if we have to send them to the bridge....there is no good answer.  Over the past 10 months I have blamed myself over and over and over.  All I can say is that it is true, we all feel it in some form or another.  I am confident our angels don't blame us, they could only love us.  The fact they give such unconditional love is one of the reasons we are so bonded with them and the grief is so deep.  Try not to blame yourself, just know you did the best you could.  Easier said than done, I know personally, but beating ourselves up won't bring them back.  We have to focus on the positive, the happy times, that is what they want us to remember.  I'm so sorry on the loss of your baby..  Hugs...from me and Dali

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
katrinao
Hi there.  I am very sorry for your loss.  I am also struggling with guilt that I did not get my baby to the vet sooner and it is the worst.  I am not sure what to say to make you feel better but just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.

I just lost my sweet boy, Nugget, this past Saturday morning and my heart is broken and I feel so guilty.  He first became sick the previous Saturday (8/15) but I waited to get him to a vet.  I actually took him to the emergency vet that Sunday night but after waiting about 2 hours and still not seeing a doctor, I decided to leave.  He seemed like the felt okay and I thought we could just wait until Monday morning and save money by going to our regular vet.  Went to our regular vet Monday and he found nothing life threatening and said Nugget had probably just ate something that didn't agree with him.  Things were much worse on Tuesday.  I considered heading back to the ER vet over and over but decided to trust our vet and wait it out.  He continued to be sick on Wednesday and by Thursday morning could barely move and was trembling all over.  At that point I took him back to the ER vet and found out he had diabetic ketoacidosis and was considered critical.  He stayed with the ER vet on Thursday and Friday nights and while his blood work was showing improvements, his heart rate and breathing were becoming worse and he finally stopped breathing on Saturday morning.  I was lucky enough to have just visited with him about 30 minutes before he passed.  As the vet carried him out of the room, he looked over the vet's shoulder and made eye contact with me.  I will never forget the look on his little face.  

If only I had known, I would have sat waiting at the ER vet all night that Saturday night and would have spent every dollar to my name if that's what it took.  When things started to decline on Tuesday, I should have taken him straight to the ER then.  At the very least, I wish I had called our vet and let them know he was worse so they could have told me what to do.

He was almost 12 years old and had been sick with several illnesses for a long time and I know he was tired.  I just wish he could send me a sign to let me know that this was just his time to go and that my waiting to get him help had nothing to do with it.
Quote 0 0