Catstks
How do you live with the outcome of making the hardest decision? When seeing your baby in pain and in distress, it is black and white what needs to be done. Knowing that invasive surgeries would likely not leave her with a good quality of life. I know they are just pets but I don't have children. My girls are my children. I do still have another fur baby but Milly was my first and she saved me many times over. My heart knows I made the right decision, but my head keeps trying to make me doubt it. How do you live with it?
Quote 0 0
LaylaForeverinmyHeart
First of I am really sorry for your loss. I had to make that terrible decision of putting my sweet girl to sleep and it broke my heart. It’s been 7 weeks and I still have quilt and regret. However, at the moment I felt like I made the right decision because I didn’t want her to suffer. I read that feeling guilty is part of the grieving process. I don’t have any advice to really give you but just wanted you to know you’re not alone in feeling this way. May God give us all strength to get through this and keep our fur babies safe up there. Sending you hugs.
Yana 
Quote 0 0
Peach
I know what you mean when you say they are your children. I have no spouse or children, and both of my parents are deceased. My pets are my family. I lost 3 cats in the last 15 months, the only thing keeping me going is my baby Nile. He's 12 now, and I've had him since he was a 4 week old kitten. He's definitely saved me. 
“Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened” ~ Anatole France
Quote 0 0
EmptyAndLost
I am so sorry for your loss. I made the same decision earlier this month, and I know how difficult it is. Everyone here understands how you are feeling, as we too have felt the same. It's an awful situation to be in, with the endless second guessing and what-ifs. I think you did what was best, as you said, invasive surgeries woud likely lead to poor quality of life. Plus more stress and possibly complications and other issues for your baby. This forum has been helping me, and I hope it will help you too. It helps to know that you're not alone with how you're feeling.

- Jackie
Quote 0 0
Catstks
Catstks wrote:
How do you live with the outcome of making the hardest decision? When seeing your baby in pain and in distress, it is black and white what needs to be done. Knowing that invasive surgeries would likely not leave her with a good quality of life. I know they are just pets but I don't have children. My girls are my children. I do still have another fur baby but Milly was my first and she saved me many times over. My heart knows I made the right decision, but my head keeps trying to make me doubt it. How do you live with it?

As I was transitioning to wakefulness this am, I heard my babies bark. She only ever barked if she was upset or on alert. But I find peace in that it may be the only way she can communicate with me to let me know she is ok. I needed to hear her and I finally did. It does bring me a little bit of comfort. Thank you Milly, I love you baby girl more than you will ever know. 
Quote 0 0
Mdmoore
I’m sorry you had to make that decision.  I always wished when it was time my baby girl will fall asleep peacefully and not wake up, but that’s not how it happened.  I don’t know how to live with it either.  The sad part to me is that I ended her life and that’s the last thing in the world I wanted to do, but they rely on us for everything including how long they live.  My only comfort was to know that she is not suffering anymore.  It doesn’t take away the sadness and how much I miss her, but I have to keep telling myself that if she could tell me, that’s what she would have wanted me to do is end her suffering.  As hard as it is to hear it, you did the right thing. I hope this helps a little. With deep condolences, Mel
M Moore
Quote 0 0