Forum

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
elroysworld

Reply with quote  #1 
I lost my soul 10 days ago after 16 years together I don't know how to do this alone.
nicokudo

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi

We all know the sadness and desperation that you are feeling right now. Our precious little ones are such a special part of our lives and when they have to leave , the void feels like the grand canyon.  Please know that you are not alone.  You have stumbled across a group of kindred spirits who all loved and lost a precious furbaby.  We will help you get through this.

Karen

elroysworld

Reply with quote  #3 
I don't know how.... we were together 24/7 for 16 years.  
jan

Reply with quote  #4 

So sorry for your loss, you have come to the right place, we are all hear for each other . We lost our Retriever Winston 10 months ago, I can understand how you feel, he was also with us 24/7, came on holiday every year with us,you never think they will ever leave us but that day does come and somehow we have to get through this, It does get a little easier as time goes on although after 10 months i am writing this in tears, he was such a big part of our life, but i do now think of him and smile to myself remembering all the happy times with him, and the love we gave him, Im sure you will feel like this given time     Take care Jan

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi,
I'm so sorry regarding the loss of your little guy.  My cat Nelson had to be put to sleep this past Monday morning and I am devastated.  I've been crying constantly and feeling guilty and yesterday I was pretty angry.  This forum has been a big help because I've met people like Karen and Ava's Dad who are going through the same terrible loss, and it has helped to talk about it.  I think its going to be a long long haul but I'm hopeful that the pain will ease someday if I let myself grieve as much as I need to.  I am thinking about you and hoping that we all can find peace, even a smidgeon at a time.

Danielle
NTB

Reply with quote  #6 
I am very sorry to hear about your loss.  Keep remembering all the worderful times you had during those 16 years.  When ready, go through your favorite photos and these will bring back the all the glorious memories and remind you that their spirt lives on.  I know the void you are feeling.  The physical presence you shared for all those years when lost is a tremendous hurdle.  Just know your loved one is still beside you and wants you to be happy as they are now.

You are not going through this alone.  I have found writing my feeling down really helps and has assisted me greatly through the many stages of grief that I have been going through.  Take care and my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #7 
Dear Elroy's World,

I'm so sorry to hear about your devastating loss.

I hope you will come back and talk (write) about your your best friend so we will understand what's going on.  Was it a boy or girl?  Dog or cat?   What was his/her name?  What happened to cause him (her) to earn his (her) wings?  We truly do understand, and we want to help.  We can really only do that if you trust us and share what happened.  Then we will better understand how to reach out to you.

I lost my 16 + year old Bengal Cat, T.J., on March 9th.  He was the Heart of My Heart, and it was such a painful thing to go through, seeing his body betraying his fine, strong spirit.  It's been a tough row to hoe, but I'm healing a bit more with each passing day.  I have worked from home almost his entire life, so we were also constant companions. 

How do you get through it?  One day at a time, one memory at a time. Sometimes we have to make it one hour at a time.  Your loss is so fresh, and you will go through periods of numbness that alternate with periods of intense pain  The tears won't stop sometimes for days at a time. 

One thing that can be very healing to make a memory book that contains: pictures; stories about your time together; poetry that holds special meaning for you; special quotes; messages from others who understand; etc. 

I hope you will come back and share more with us.  It really does help to share our memories (I know how much that word hurts under the circumstances ~ we've all been there) of the time we had with them, especially when we share those memories with other people who really get it..  The tears will fall, but they're falling anyway.  In telling the stories of what made our best friends such special parts of our lives, there's a chance a smile or a laugh might shine through, and I've always found that I feel closer to them when I share them with others.

You and your best friend are in my thoughts and prayers.. 

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
AnnetteinNC

Reply with quote  #8 
I know how you feel,our Liesie was with me 24/7 as well. You get so used to them always being there for you and it's so hard when all of a sudden they are not anymore.
It's been three weeks today,the grief sort of comes and goes.
I have been remembering the good times but at this time I just want her back,which is understandable since it's only been a short time since she left us.
Hang in there as best as you can,we're all with you with our thoughts and prayers.
Annette.

babygirl

Reply with quote  #9 

I am so sorry for you loss.  I know the feelings  you are having right now and it is very hard to lose a precious friend.  I was devastated when I lost my Dalmatian Christie after 13 1/2 years of devoted love.  It does get better with time and you must cherish all the great times and memories of your baby.

elroysworld

Reply with quote  #10 
Thank you for all your insights.  I have tried several times to write more about Elroy and I am so overcome with grief that I can't write about him.  
elroysworld

Reply with quote  #11 
I know it's stupid---in my head I know everything must die but I never thought he would.  I never imagined life without him in it.  In my heart I really felt we would always be together.  I keep thinking I will wake up and he will be in bed beside me and the night mare well be over.
Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #12 
Dear Elroy's World,

I can feel your pain in every syllable you've written.  Take your time.  We will be here whenever you're ready to write more.  The important thing right now is to take care of yourself.  Remember to eat healthy foods and get what rest you can, when you can.  We'll be your safety net when you're ready to tell us more.

By the way ~ nothing is stupid, silly, or unreasonable when you're facing the early days of such immense sorrow.  Once we fall in love, none of us can imagine life without them by our sides.  I try to get through it by thinking of how they live their lives in the moment, and by trying my best to do the same.  They accept what is and look forward.  It's a really important lesson we can learn from them.  It's a day-to-day, and sometimes hour-to-hour or minute-to-minute thing, but if we take baby steps, we can reach our goals.

I'm sending virtual hugs of comfort and support your way.

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:

And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
elroysworld

Reply with quote  #13 
thank you for understanding.  I feel like I can't breath like I am being crushed and so so lost.  I am sorry if that is too much to say in this setting.  I just don't know what to do.
Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #14 
It's extremely important for you to feel as if you are being heard right now.  This is the best place I know of for you to find that kind of sincere understanding and acceptance.   I hope you will be able to open up soon, just little-by-little.  Just the fact that you're replying ~ even in short messages ~ is a huge consolation for me.  Hang in here, and please let us know when you're ready for more communication. 

If you would be more comfortable with a more private, one-on-one kind of setting, please feel free to send me a private message.  I'll be away from the computer for a little while, but I will definitely be back a bit later on this evening, probably within an hour or two.

xoxoxo

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:

reovi

Reply with quote  #15 
I am so sorry for your loss.  I lost my boy today and I feel guilty and angry and can't stop crying and don't know when I will be able to...  We will all get through this together!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.