Baileysbro Show full post »
heartsick
I'm so sorry you lost your precious Bailey. If you read any of our threads from the beginning you will see yourself. Grief, especially the raw searing pain in the beginning is the absolute worst. It usually takes the whole first year of "firsts" to begin to get easier. It doesn't get better but it will get easier. There is a difference. Love Never Dies. It cannot. The bond between you and Bailey will last longer than forever. She will help to find your next precious little love. Just remember to breathe. My chest kept hurting because I was holding my breath unknowingly. I am always here for you on this forum. You have my love forever my friend.
Love,
Susan (heartsick)
Quote 0 0
Baileysbro
Thank you Sue and everyone.

It sucks big time. Last week he was here with me, this week buried in the back yard.  We're all missing our babies so much.
Bailey
October 31, 2002 - April 19, 2016 10:25 P.M.
My best friend, my companion, my love

[e8de4bc1-77ae-4da2-9834-109b68b6cda8]

[Paws-for-the-News-Grieving-the-loss-of-a-pet] 
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Hi Baileysbro, your grief is still very new and raw, I think I was almost in denial for the first few days. I couldn`t eat or sleep, lost interest in everyone and everything - I was just about functioning. Today its 19 weeks since we had to have our 17 year old dog Jim put to sleep, and although I know he`s in a better place, I think about him constantly. We still have his basket under our bed, his toy basket`s still in the hall, and all his treats and chewsticks are still in the kitchen cupboard, and that`s where they`ll stay until we`re ready. 
 It slowly gets better, and you will start remembering happier times - I recently found a few videos of Jim on an old phone and instead of making me sad, I was happy to see him as he used to be , running around on the beach like a mad thing.  Your story of Bailey stealing your nieces ice cream made me smile, Jim loved ice cream too. Keep coming on here, I got so much help from so many lovely people, and even just knowing the way you feel is normal is a huge help.
                                           Hugs, Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Baileysbro
JTaylor

Whenever I decided to have ice cream, I made sure I gave Bailey a scoop.  Another one of our things.  My family thought I was being ridiculous, I said making Bailey happy isn't ridiculous.  I included the cats too but I don't think they liked the cold of the ice cream, they'd take a couple of licks and leave, all the more for Bailey. LOL.

I understand about denial.  When he died, I left him there, I didn't want to believe it.  I left him there for a couple of hours hoping he'd show me some sign he was still there, I washed his dirty sheets because his bladder released and I waited for him to wake up.  It did not happen.  After his sheets were clean and dry, I laid them on the floor and lifted him on to it, I petted him and kissed him on his head. Hoping beyond hope.  I wrapped his body in the sheet and put him the garage, it was going to be a cool night, now his whole body was wrapped, when I went to check on him in the morning his paws--all four of them--were sticking out of the sheet.  I thought OMG he's still alive when I moved him.  His bladder released again.  I pet him again and he felt cold but not stiff, no rigor mortis.  I then thought OMG he was still alive when I put him in the garage even though he wasn't moving.  Before I put soil over him I pet him behind the ears--something he loved--to see if he did that head thing he did when I did it, I can't describe it but it was cute.  He didn't move.  So this lead to me feeling I may have buried him alive or put him in the garage too soon--he died at night 10:25 pm.  That added to my worry, shame and guilt. in 
Bailey

Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Oh, we often got told by friend and family that we were `over the top` with the way we treated Jim. To be honest, I always put Jims needs before anyone else - including my husband!  Making our animals happy makes us happy too, and that`s all that matters.
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Baileysbro
J Taylor

That is how my family is too.  This caused me to worry how Bailey would be treated in their care.  They are the type who think people are more important but can never tell me the reason why they think people are more important.  I always considered them equally important and people who think--including family and friends--like that have no place in my life. 
Bailey

Quote 0 0
WILCO
How go I get through the day and cope with my grief? The short answer is, I can't. 

I lost my Ruby on 12 February and each day has been downhill since. My days are in a fog, I don't care about my work, I have alienated my family, etc. etc. I understand people cope differently but this has gotten to an unhealthy stage. Going to a doctor doesn't mean a thing to me. 
Quote 0 0
Baileysbro
Wilco

I competeley understand.  Bailey died last Tuesday, his one week anniversary is coming up in two days, I don't know how I'll be that day.  But I've been bawling like a baby, today not so much, a few spurts of crying here and there, but so far not like it has been.  The day isn't over yet.
Bailey

Quote 0 0