Bellas_mom
I lost my little kitty one week ago.  She was born with a heart defect and sadly was only three.  She was the sweetest kitty who was a "big sister" to many foster kittens and was always sad when they left.  Bella did not like to be alone.  Her health was declining since Christmas but I thought we had more time.  Last Tuesday, she did not get up with me as she always did and I knew time was limited.  I decided to take Wednesday off to be with her.  What was I thinking?! I should never have gone to work on Tuesday. She died shortly after I got home Tuesday night. I held her all night long but it was after the fact.  It's hard enough that she is not here, but I was not with her on the day she needed me most.  How do I get over the guilt of not spending her last day with her?  How do I get over failing her?  She was my heart, my baby girl.  There are so many things I should have done differently.  

Quote 0 0
Dalidog
So sorry for your loss of your kitty.  It is so hard...we all have guilt, but we did the best we could do.  We are human, they are better than us in so many ways.  Prayers and hugs for you and your kitty

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
serena
I cant get over the fact that I had to make the hardest choice of my life and it was to end his my beloved Boss, I know that I have done all that I could for him, but its just not enough for me to accept.
life is good!
Quote 0 0
serena
I feel so much pain..........
life is good!
Quote 0 0
DaniC
Hi Bella's Mom-

I'm so very sorry for the pain and heartache you're going through. Grief can be consuming.

You did the best You could, and Bella did the best She could: she waited for you to come home. Keep that thought in your heart during your times of sadness.

Losing a pet can be one of the toughest of life's challenges. I had to say goodbye to my best buddy in September. She had inoperable colon cancer and other complications. It was so heartbreaking.

A loss is a loss no matter type of pet or age or temperament or circumstance. Death does not discriminate. But oh, does it cut deep.

I wish for you peace in your heart and mind,
DaniC

Quote 0 0
Bellas_mom
Thank you for all your kind words and thoughts.

When my previous kitty died she had cancer and I knew it was time to make the decision because I did not want her suffering.  It's all about them, not us.  I held her all morning with her favorite blanket.  We walked around the house and yard, talking about all her favorite things.  The vet let me hold her until the end.  Even though my heart broke, I was at peace that I had this time with her and I know she felt loved.  Bella wasn't so lucky. I also read after the fact that cats know when they are dying and find a favorite, comfortable spot.  Cats that liked to be held, in the end don't.  Cats that don't like to be held, in the end do.  I kept trying to hold her because she loved being held.  I should have paid more attention when she kept trying to get down for the last couple weeks.  Whenever I was home, I moved her from her comfy spot as I did when I got home that night.  I should have known better.  Over the last 5 years, I've had 80 foster kittens, which Bella started out as one.  How could I have not known this?   How did I miss the signs?

I am so sorry for all of your loss as well.  Most people don't understand that our furry babies are our babies, and the heartbreak we all have to bare is no different.
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Bellas Mom, so very sorry for your loss. You really have no need to feel any guilt ( though I know we all do), and you were with her at the very end.  Losing our little best friends is one of the toughest things we have to go through, and a lot of people just do not understand the terrible pain we have to try to deal with.

When we had to have our dog Jim pts just over 8 weeks ago, I can honestly say it was worse than when my dad died - and my dad would totally understand where I`m coming from, as he was exactly the same as me were animals are concerned. 
  Believe me, you didn`t fail Bella in any way, she knew how much you loved her. I think a lot of us on this wonderful site wish we could go back, and maybe do things differently - but there are things we truly have no control over. Sending you Hugs.

Jackie. x
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Bellas_mom
Thank you for your kind words and support Jackie.  I am sorry for your loss. If our love could keep them healthy and with us, they would never die.

Most people don't understand what we go through.  They are not just our dog or cat or bunny.  They are like our children, our family, our heart.  As for Bella, it's so difficult when people tell me that I knew she wasn't going to have a long life anyway.  It doesn't matter how long, it's never long enough.
Quote 0 0