reovi Show full post »
gscakes

I cried again this morning thinking about my little girl.  I look for her in everything I do and ask why did this happen.  Her brother, Miles, looks for her everyday and it saddens me to look at his sad eyes.  I tryed to tell him she is in heaven and some day we will be with her.  He doesn't play with his toys all he does is follows me in hopes I know where she is.  Sleep came to me last night out of sheer exhaustion.  Having to work with out sleeping is very difficult.  People see me and ask whats wrong and all I can do is cry.  Has any one started a support group in their area?  I was thinking of calling the funeral homes near me to see if they would help.  I am rambling, but I don't know who else to talk to.  I keep hoping someone will write about a wonderful solution to this horrible grieving process.  Hugs and kisses to all our Babies at Rainbow Bridge.

Quote 0 0
MagzMom
So sorry for your loss gscakes, we all support each other I think. I have found some comfort here.  I know exactly how you are feeling.
Quote 0 0
Veronique
I know how it feels and sadly, I have no tricks... I hope time will help.

The first 2 weeks, I took medication. Just some Benadril (allergy medicine); it knocked me out. I couldn't even sleep in my own room. I slept in the guest room. I could hardly walk in the room. I would close my eyes to get to the closet and pick my clothes. The bed was where we always cuddled. Since the first day I had him he insisted on laying on my chest. He was a tad to heavy for it to be really comfortable, but I learned to love his presence there; it felt real.

Eddie was always with me. He loved me so much, nobody can love like that, not even my husband. It took him a very long time after we adopted him from the rescue to realized that when I got up at night to go to the bathroom I would be right back, he didn't need to get up too. Sometimes when I took too long, he would come and check on me. When I couldn't sleep at night and transferred to the guest room to watch TV without waking my husband, Eddie would join me, keep me warm with his little body curled up against me, his little head on my chest, looking at me as he felt asleep. Eddie snored, he was a Pug, they snore and snort a lot. The silence, no clicking nails, the cold, it was killing me at first.

Then we got two foster dogs. Pug mixes, they reminded me of him, but were just different enough not to make me sad just looking at them. The cold was gone at least. Eventually I went back to my bed.

Then when the girls were adopted, we adopted our own dog. But Olive doesn't snore... I loved her, but I needed to adopt another dog 2 weeks later. One with a flat face, one who snores.

Although I still feel like crying. Although I still wake up at night calling Eddie's name. Now I fall asleep. And I gave two new dogs a home away from a the puppy mill. Helped two more find their forever homes.

Maybe you can try fostering a new pet. Although they would never be the same, they will help fill the emptiness. Pick someone different, but just similar enough to at least smell familiar, sound familiar. There is something in that smushed face Boston Terrier that reminds me on Eddie, without being the same. Maybe by helping some other animal, you will find comfort. A life was lost, a life will be saved...

Love.

Veronique.

Quote 0 0
Veronique
Oh, by the way, we kept both Olive and the new Boston. They love each other and with the both of them sitting on my, the total weight is actually Eddie's... The name the shelter gave to the Boston before we adopted her was Addie... I thought it was a sign.
Quote 0 0
gscakes

Thank you all for being here for me.  Today I went to do laundry and my husband had put my Sophies's blanket there to be washed.  I picked it up and the smell of my baby was just too much.  I held it in my arms like I would hold her and cried for hours.  She would look for me also when I got up at night even if I went to check emails she should lay down next to the chair.  Even the sunshine makes me sad, Sophie had her own cushion she would lay on in the driveway and when I was in the kitchen I would look out the window and smile to see how happy she was.  Now I look out and the yard is empty.  I have looked on the internet to see about adopting from the place I got Sophie, but I have such a hard time thinking abut another baby.  In time I know it will happen because Miles is so sad being alone he so misses his big sister.  Miles is not as velcro as she was, as I type on the computer he is in the other room sleeping in his chair.  I walk around with the toy duck she would pick up when she wanted to tease him.  I am going to have to go to the doctors for some medication to sleep and function during the day. Love to all our Babies.

Quote 0 0
Veronique
Before you try hard medications, you should try some over the counter things. Benadril is what my doctor suggested.
Quote 0 0
AnimalLover
I'm having the same problem with sleep.  I had to have my 13 year old cat, Phoebe, put to sleep on Monday due to cancer.  It was peaceful and she handled it well.  I did not.  At night, we always had a routine.  Phoebe had her place in bed, Felix my other cat - also 13 has his place, and I have mine.  It is so strange without her there.  I miss her the most then and have a lot of trouble falling asleep, even with a sleeping aid.

Felix seems to be doing okay so far.  He is sticking a bit closer to me and I know people say not to give the left behind pets too much extra attention because it might cause separation anxiety.  But it's so hard not to give him extra cuddles when he plops down in my lap or next to me.  Have any of you dealt with this and if so how did you handle it?  Thanks.
Quote 0 0
dalmatian

TO-ALL------a promise that I keep ALWAYS to my fur-babies Is that I was there at the start of their life and will be at the end of their life.  I love my fur-babies and the years go by and they die.  Some from age, some from diease. When you get a pet, these are the conditions.  God never said It was for-ever.  I love my animals deepley.  I pray for those that hurt and wish that they had not suffered an lost.  There's lots of animals out there that need your love and support.  Yes, one is gone , but there Is another that needs love and support--------------------Marty

Quote 0 0
gscakes
Dalmatian,
We all know that nothing is forever, but that doesn't mean we hurt any less when are pets leave us.  We are looking for comfort to get nxi8c through this horrible time.  It makes me feel better to tell others about my Sophie and I hope it helps them by doing the same.  I know in my heart some day we will be together, but for now just need help from someone who understands. 
Quote 0 0