Hi, Jo. I just agreed to put my cat down a few days ago. He had similar symptoms as yours does. He had incontinence, UTI infection, was extremely anemic, had very low platelets, one of his lungs had collapsed, he had stopped drinking water the day I took him to the ER. The vet thought he had cancer. The doctor told me that he was in a very serious condition. The vet tech tried to convince me that whatever he had was irreversible and that I should euthanize him. During the night I got a call and the vet told me that his blood pressure was dropping to a dangerous number, I then agreed to put him down. Since then, it's been a nightmare. I feel like I betrayed him. I feel like I should have transferred him to a better ER. I'm dying with so much pain. I miss him. Don't euthanize yours if you are not 100% ready, please. I don't want you to go through what I am going through... Love, Niikki's mom.
I am so so sorry that you are going through this nightmare and that you lost your baby. I’m sure he knows how much you love him and always trusts that you did the right thing. Animals have a sense of knowing and your baby doesn’t want you to blame yourself and feel guilty. I am cancelling my appointment to euthanize her after reading this post, because I don’t feel like it’s 100% the right decision. I will seek out a second opinion to see if there is anything else we can try. I am here to listen if you want to talk more about your baby.
All the best,
Jo and Eevee