TracyLovesKitty
I lost my best friend today. It's been Kitty and me against the world for the past 15 years. I have no close friends, and now I've lost the only one that ever mattered. He was my world. What do I do now?

His things are all still in the same place and the sight of them rips my heart out. But the thought of moving anything feels just as bad.

I'm all alone now. I loved him so, so much. It hurts so bad.
Quote 0 0
Gmr
So sorry for your loss. I know how you feel because you sound like me. I'm alone too and lost my dog Peanut (of 14 yrs) this past Nov. In the beginning it's very very hard. You need to allow yourself to cry hold his things and take it an hour at a time. Coming on here writing my thoughts and feelings helped me alot and still does. I still have days where I just start crying and I miss my baby so much. I pray for strength for you to get through this and know that your baby is still near you in spirit and that Kitty is at the rainbow bridge safe and running freely. Hugs to you.
Quote 0 0
Wheezy_Beezy
Im so sorry to hear about the loss of your baby and im sorry youre alone. I lost my little soulmate Evangeline last month and not a single day has gone by that i havent cried for her. Im still getting used to her not being there. i didnt think i could live without her, but it turns out i can....Its just a different life. I hope youll ease into your new life soon too. It wont ever be the same, there will always be that hole in your heart. But you will learn to carry it with you and think fondly of him and all the wonderful memories you shared together.
"The smallest feline is a masterpiece"
Quote 0 0
TracyLovesKitty
Thank you so much for your kind words. I just needed a place to vent about how badly I'm hurting that I couldn't in more personal forms of social media. I don't feel like I can go on FB and express the true extent of my pain without coworkers and family thinking I'm crazy.

I'm just struggling to find a way to get through this. I feel like living alone and being pretty much a hermit with only Kitty for company for the last decade or so has turned this into something more on a psychological level. I have an appointment with my therapist tomorrow, so hopefully she can help me find a way to deal with it all.
Quote 0 0
Lizzie05
im so sorry for your loss, i lost my kitty this morning too. his name was mouse and he was my best friend. i don't even know how to describe the pain but im so sorry that you are experiencing it as well.
lizzie
Quote 0 0
TracyLovesKitty
Thank you, I'm sorry for your loss as well. I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed right now, but I'll try to come back a talk about our similar situations when I'm in a better place. Just know I feel your pain and you're not alone. ❤
Quote 1 0
Lizzie05
i found this poem and although it makes me cry i think it will help

I Walk With You

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.
I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,
“It’s me, I haven’t left you, I’m well, I’m fine, I’m here.”
I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,
You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore.
I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care.

I want to reassure you, that I’m not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said “it’s me.”

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.
I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.

It’s possible for me, to be so near you everyday.
To say to you with certainty, “I never went away.”

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew …
in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over and I smile and watch you yawning
and say “goodnight, God bless, I’ll see you in the morning.”

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
I’ll rush across to greet you and we’ll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.
Be patient, live your journey out . then come home to be with me.

lizzie
Quote 0 0
Gmr
Lizzie05... That was beautiful ...brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for that poem.
Quote 1 0
LaGata
Yes....beautiful......I wish that I could put into words the feelings in my heart. Can't sleep again tonight as I try to THINK how am l going to get thru tomorrow morning when it will be a week since I held you in my arms....and so it is
Quote 0 0