Forum

Author   Comment  
JessicaAndLucyMarie

Reply with quote  #1 
My 10 year old pit is dying of cancer. I’m supposed to take her to the vet today to “end her suffering”. I can’t get out the door. She’s my best friend, my only friend, my only family, my entire world. How do I kill her? So many emotions.
Bailey15

Reply with quote  #2 
I am so sorry for the pain you are going through. I think at a certain point we need to look at our precious pet's quality of life and decide to end the suffering. Cancer is such a terrible disease. I lost my little dog to it 2 years ago. Like you I had to let him go but it was the hardest thing I have ever done. The emptiness after you let them go is so, so difficult. My heart goes out to you. I hope that the memories of the loving bond you shared can help to comfort you at this sad time. Maybe just knowing others understand how you feel will help. I'm glad you posted here at the forum.
Hugs and prayers,
MJ
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #3 
I am so very sorry.  Making the decision to take away our best little friends pain is the hardest thing we have to do a a caring and loving owner - and I know exactly how you feel as I had to let my little dog go just over 2 years ago.   I remember someone here writing that it is the last gift of love we can give them - and that is so very true, as seeing our animals suffering is truly awful.   It is so hard learning to adjust to life without them, and I feel for you so much right now....    As MJ says, I am also glad that you have found this forum - coming here helped me so much in the first days and weeks, and I hope you will find comfort here too.

Hugs, Jackie.

Reply with quote  #4 
I am so very sorry u ate facing this... i lost my Wiley to cancer as well and even more than 2 years out, i am still devastated and cry every day. He was my best friend for 15 yrs and my soulmate. That night was the worst decision i have ever gad to make and even tho my vet and I talked thoroughly and she believed it was the right thing to do, I am still laden with guilt and sadness. Cancer is just evil. I knew he was suffering when i took him but i just kept hoping he would get better. We make the choice because we DO live them so much, but it is life-changing. I am not the same person I was...
My heart is so broken for u and your pit baby.
Im glad u found this site.. it is beautiful hete because people understand.
Your dog knows u love him and u gave him an amazing life. He also loves u more than u can ever imagine and he will understand u are helping him...
Im crying with you right now ((((HUGS))))
Praying. ..
JessicaAndLucyMarie

Reply with quote  #5 
I can’t believe I did it. I hate myself for it. I killed my best friend and only family I had. Of course medically, everyone supported it. But I will regret it the rest of my life. She was on hospice. I should have kept to my natural death plan and not let others influence me. I can’t belive I betrayed her so much. I want nothing more then to be where ever she is. She was my entire world. I have never had such a bond with an animal. She was the doggy version of me, my soulmate, my bed warmer, best friend and entire family. I cry all the time. I still have other pets. I can’t look at them. They are her litter mates. And they are still alive and she is dead. It’s not fair. And I don’t even want to be around them right now. But it’s not their fault. I have never felt like this before. I have experienced death before. A lot actually. All grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, coworkers, friends, my partner of 10 years, other pets and nothing has been as painful as this. Nothing. She was my first dog. (The litter mates came a few weeks later). I don’t know how I will get through this. Of even if i will.
H3ath3rmd

Reply with quote  #6 
i wish i could offer you some advice but I feel the same way basically. I am sorry you or anyone has to go thru this.
xxcesarxx

Reply with quote  #7 
You have not betrayed your baby, you haven't killed anything. God gave us authority over our furry babies, your baby is waiting for you up in heaven. You will never get over it, its not gonna happen, you will think of your baby everyday of your life and that's how you are going to honor your love for him/her. My condolences.
msweet13

Reply with quote  #8 
I can only offer 2 things that I hope help in your grief:  We hurt so they won't have to. I also read somewhere about euthanasia that it is better 1 day too early than 1 minute too late. It is a mountain to climb there is no doubt, but we really cannot fathom the pain our fur-babies suffer because they are so adapt at hiding it, tail wagging and all. As previously stated, you are not killing her-cancer is killing her. You are giving her the one gift that we have learned each and every day our fur-babies are in our life, from our fur-babies, and that is the gift of unconditional love. God bless you and I wish you peace and comfort.
RIP my sweet beautiful boy
Phil10590

Reply with quote  #9 
I hope you are feeling a little better since you posted this and i am sorry for your loss. It is never easy and the pain doesn't go away. I wanted my baby to go on her own too but that day i woke up and saw her eyes were different and she couldnt stand i knew something happened and it was time.
It is never easy and i feel similar to what you mentioned. My life was my mother and my furbabies. There is nothing else. My mother passed, and now i am losing my babies one by one. You have to just think... They are all waiting for us to finish what we have to do here in life. They finished their work... My lillie taught me lessons and she was done. Just like my mother taught me and then had to leave me. They wait for us. It is our job to get things done here, learn what we have to and go through life. And our reward is seeing them all again.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.